Just Back From The Spirit on June 18th

ehaas

Seven of us just came back from the Spirit to Alaska on June 18th. We had six adults and one 16 year old young man. All of our group enjoyed the Spirit a lot. If anybody has any questions I will try to answer them if I can.

A few points to ponder!

We all like the free style crusing! We never waited over 3 minutes to get into any dinner meals. The service was second to none! We took somebodys advice from the critic and talked often to our servers about their families and they do appreciate this.

We took in all the shows and comedians. Some people in the past did not like some things about Dave H. We found Dave to be very friendly and actually talked to him many times on the ship.

My 16 year old son had a great time with other teens! He was the last one in the cabin every night!

We spent two days in Seattle before the cruise and went to Mt. St. Helans, Olympia (on the way to St. Helans but there is a great place to eat on the waterfront in Olympia. It is also next to a open air market that was great.) We did the Space Needle and would suggest eating at the top.

We also did Pikes Market.

Everything about the cruise was great but the weather was raining at times during the week and the last day at sea we had some big swells and many people were bothered by this. I wore the patch behind the ear and felt that helped.

We enjoyed everything!

Sorry about the rainy weather, but it sounds as if you had a great time.

We will be sailing on the Spirit out of NYC in November and can hardly wait.

She looks like a beautiful ship.

What type of room did you have? We are thinking of booking a Spirit cruise later this year. There is alot of comments including pictures from people who book suites on the Spirit and it really looks very roomy and luxurious. But we weren't thinking of booking a suite.

We had three inside cabins on deck 6. We were only in our rooms to sleep at night. There are many places to sit and view everything we did not find it a problem to having an inside cabin. We used Galaxy of the Stars at the front of the ship a lot. It is also nice on deck 12 at the back of the ship as you can sit outside with overhead covering.

Some of our group did excursions at each port. At Ketchikan four of us booked locally a sea airplane ride to Misty Fjords and this was great. Cost was $189 each. Others did the city tour a lot less and enjoyed that also.

In Juneau we did the Whale Watch which we booked from NCL. Cost was around $115 but it was also a great excursion. We went on the 9:30 which left little time to other things in Juneau. There was a 7:30 tour also. Many people took the $10 local booked bus out to the glacier and enjoyed that excursion also.

In Skagway we book the $99 train ride which was a lot of great sights. My 16 year old son did not enjoy this as much as the other two excursions. Skagway does have the lowest priced tee shirts, postcards, and other items of any of the three ports.

In Prince Albert go to Cow Bay area before going downtown! At the end of Cow Bay there is a $1.00 shuttle that just started two weeks ago that will take you downtown. It stops at many different places and you can get off and on as much as you like all day long. They also give you a little history of the city. If you do not take the shuttle there are a lot of hilling streets to walk.

We never needed more than a jacket the complete trip. People were in shorts some and yet I am sure others never wore shorts. Hope this helps answer your questions.

WE are going in 6 weeks onthe Spirit. What time were you able to board the ship? How were the lines to board? WE are also booked with Island Wings and looking forward to that. Was the ride smooth? Did you eat at any of the extra resturants like Bistro? This is our first cruise and I am very excited to be going, but also have a lot of questions.

Archived