Getting formula/diapers if something happens

pepsiwoman4711

With all of the Carnival drama lately....we have a cruise planned for October. We will be travelling with our 6 month old baby (6 months at time of cruising) and three year old son. We always pack extra, but if something extreme happens, how would we get formula, diapers and baby essentials if we get stuck? The ship from what I've seen doesn't carry them. What would we do or what would Carnival do?

With all of the Carnival drama lately....we have a cruise planned for October. We will be travelling with our 6 month old baby (6 months at time of cruising) and three year old son. We always pack extra, but if something extreme happens, how would we get formula, diapers and baby essentials if we get stuck? The ship from what I've seen doesn't carry them. What would we do or what would Carnival do?

I would call Carnival and see if they can supply diapers /formula for the cruise.

I suggest taking double what you need. If they don't have diapers or formula onboard and something happens like recent events your only hope would be that they bring some with emergency supplies (another ship did provide some emergency provisions), but you wouldn't have any control over what you received. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the formula. You could technically find a way to get by without diapers if you absolutely had to but formula would be a problem.

We were on a Princess cruise that missed its last port in Hawaii due to weather right before 5 days of crossing back to Los Angeles. Some parents had counted on buying diapers and supplies at that last port and ended up in trouble. It's always best to take more than enough and allow for delays and missed ports. I do agree with the previous poster that in the case of an emergency situation, these things would probably come in with emergency supplies, but I would always travel with a few days more than I need so I can be self sufficient.

I think the idea of calling the cruise line and asking them to have these things is a bit wonky. Even if the customer service person said "ok", which they never would, you would have no way of knowing if the items did or didn't make it until you were on board.

Best,

Mia

I will probably get flamed for saying this but if it were ever a real emergency and they had to go days without formula, a 6 month old baby would be fine living on real foods (pureed probably but also some solids too). Yes, bring some extra but i wouldnt worry about if something extreme happened and i ran out. There is always food.

I would definitely make sure to have extra supplies and not trust the ship to have them (or have them in the size or variety you need). Include any medications, baby thermometer, etc.

Also, make doubly sure that your child is at least six months of age. Don't round off because the check in staff will check the birth certificate. Some itineraries require children to be at least one year of age.

We are cruising on the Carnival Dream in 2 months with our one year old. He of course can eat more solids than a 6 month old and I'm BFing (hopefully we will be weaning by then and he can start regular milk). However, I am brining extra diapers and wipes. I was thinking the same way you were when all the Carnival drama happened. I thought about asking the rest of my family to bring diapers too! I guess we can tie those red plastic bags around their butts if we have to ;D

Bring one large can of formula and one smaller can just in case. Have a great time!!!

I don't believe they would supply them so bring extra. I know on the Triumph when it broke down they announced over the loudspeaker if anyone could donate diapers and formula because people had run out. They don't sell it in the gift shops. You might be able to pick some up in any of the ports though.

Diapers pack easy. There are so many nicks and corners where you can put a few. Outside pocket of the suitcases, linings, empty spaces, extra spots in the camera case, computer bag etc. Your suitcase, baby's suitcase, dad's suitcase. Plus you can always bring an entire box on as well. For formula, put it inside shoes or something like that, or just carry that on board as well.

Even if the ship had formula there is no guarantee it will be your brand.

Archived