Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a member of the Crown & Anchor Society. The more you treat yourself to our amazing cruises, the more we reward you with benefits and extras. And with our Crown & Anchor Society Youth Program, the entire family can enjoy the rewards!

s.gif

Member Benefits Changes effective July 1, 2009

Starting July 1st there will be some changes to our Crown & Anchor Society benefits. Crown & Anchor members will continue to receive their most valued benefits such as discounts on cruises, savings certificates and priority embarkation and debarkation. Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

The changes include:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifA new Ultimate Value Booklet with coupons for various onboard amenities.con_bulletgray_ico.gifAn upgraded wine tasting event at a special pricecon_bulletgray_ico.gifA new special event, hosted by our ship officers for Diamond and above members to meet and mingle with other fellow members, will feature complimentary wine, champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

Due to limited capacity, the Concierge Lounge has not been able to accommodate our growing membership, challenging our ability to provide the optimum experience for our guests. Therefore the Concierge Lounge will now be accessible to our suite and Diamond Plus guests only. Diamond Members cruising on Freedom Class ships, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will continue to be able to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond Lounge on these ships, which feature a complimentary 'happy hour' from 5-8:30pm daily.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Royal Caribbean. For the convenience of all our Crown &Anchor members, the following chart outlines all benefits, starting July 1. If you are cruising between now and July 1 and have questions about your benefits please contact the Crown & Anchor Society at 1-800-526-9723 or e-mail then at crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Shucky DARN :eek: Although I knew these changes were in the works, why is it that I'm always a day late and a few cruise credits short!!!

I was truly looking forward to the CL lounge for morning coffee on my Sept 09 Alaskan cruise after I attain Diamond at the end of April. Alas, now I must book a GS or above, or earn 14 more credits before I become eligible. Small comfort in knowing that I'm not the only loyalist that will be affected with these changes :rolleyes:

I just called, this goes into effect for any sailings after July 1st. So at least we will get to go to the CL on Serenade in 2 weeks. And next year we are on Oasis, so we will get the DL. By next October, unless they change things, we will be D+ and then still get to go to any of the CL on the ships.

A little disappointing, but still not going to stop me from cruising Royal. I still think what I get from them in terms of a great vacation, value for what I get, and the perks for being Diamond, still outweigh what I get from any other line.

I'm just a Gold C&A member, so I don't really recall all the benefits for the higher categories.

For Golds like me, we are apparently no longer welcome at the C&A Welcome Back party. We will merely be "recognized" at the captain's cocktail party. No free drinks or hors d'oeuvres anymore. Even Carnival offers their return passengers that!

For any cruises booked in 2009, the shareholders benefits have been removed too. Why should we be loyal to RCCL?

You're kidding me!?? I just bought stock!! I knew there was the possibility they could pull back the share holder benefits, but never expected it to happen THIS soon! CRAP!!

Well at least we know in advance so that we can change cruising plans if access to the concierge lounge is important to us. I can't say that it will be the deciding factor for me but I know it can be for others.

Whoa! As I read this, the only discounts are for suites, no longer for balconies. Did I miss something? And I assume (tho'RCI is not consistant except in inconsistancy) that those of us who have already booked cruises and used the Diamond balcony discount will get to keep it?

For any cruises booked in 2009, the shareholders benefits have been removed too. Why should we be loyal to RCCL?

The new policy regarding the combining of offers/benefits went into effect on January 1, 2009.

The shareholder benefit has not been removed.......you just have to decide whether it is more advantageous to take the OBC from booking a cruise while on a cruise, OBC from being a shareholder, P/D/D+ balcony discount or $$$ off C&A coupons.

As far as I can tell, stock holder benefit has not been eliminated. It is not combinable, but that's nothing new.

As for Welcome Back party, again, I only looked at my gold status benefits and no welcome party is listed there anymore. It only says that the captain will "recognize" repeat passengers at the captain's welcome aboard party. It includes an asterisk, which indicates that drinks will be available for purchase. It doesn't look like repeat passengers warrant an event in their honor until diamond status.

So we got to go to one welcome back party..... yes there were free drinks but no hors d'oeuvres. Then there was the spiel about the ships and the future of RCCL. Yada yada yada. Won't miss that.

No commemorative gift..... already have one baseball cap.

I'll be recognised at the Captain's Party? Cool. He can use my first name. I think not.

The UK site still has the original benefits. Can't see anything else the Golds miss out on. Personally I think Gold should get better benefits to hook them further. Cutting back for the newer repeat cruiser lacks foresight.

JMHO.

Whoa! As I read this, the only discounts are for suites, no longer for balconies. Did I miss something? And I assume (tho'RCI is not consistant except in inconsistancy) that those of us who have already booked cruises and used the Diamond balcony discount will get to keep it?

You're right, this is most confusing

Our Platinum and Diamond members also will continue to receive discounts on suite category staterooms including the recently introduced upgraded services and amenities for suite guests.

It was just a matter of time, the diamond membership really has gotten way too big, I saw this coming when the added the Dia+ level.

It sucks for people that have booked cruises and are now not able to utilize the CL, but maybe if there is enough complaining RCI will come up with another option for the Dia members.

THANK GOODNESS WE ARE D+!!!!!!!

Now we have to worry about them making another tier level above D+

maybe they are just adding a third party for diamond only?

it doesn’t SAY they are getting rid of the welcome back and platinum diamond party does it?

The benefits now read:

Gold: Recognition at Captains Cocktail/Welcome Party**

Platinum: Platinum and Diamond Event

Diamond: Diamond Event hosted once per cruise on ships without a Diamond Lounge

So they are adding a Diamond event in exchange for lack of concierge lounge access.

Archived