BOH beach with swings at bar????

poptart

okay my friend who just returned from her 1st cruise says this is where they went in Costa Maya $25 each for food and drinks all day plus lounges with mattresses ect. she said toward the end of the "boardwalk" as she described it.

Said water was nice there. massages were awesome.

Anybody got any idea where she went? The loved it and spent the whole day there.

Yes!! Just ask the taxi driver to drop you off at the hotel. But really you can get out anywhere and head south away from the ships. You can't miss it.

Here's a map for you...http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/Mahajual_Maps.html#old

Also, the last place on the malecon is Nochokay(ms?)...they may have swings there too. If I've got my info correct, the owner is Jaime who at one time had La Oasis in Playa del Carmen... I haven't been there but I hear the fishtacos are excellent and if it's like his cooking in Playa...all the food will be great.

We just got back from Costa Maya last week and we stayed at Pez Quadro in Mahajual for the day. It is towards the end of the Malecon but definitely worth it. They have lots of Palapas and loungers to use, and you can use all of these as long as you buy their drinks and food. We are not big drinkers so the all inclusive package wasn't worth the money for us. They said the all inclusive package was $35:00 each person which included all your drinks and food and a Palapa and loungers. We had brought 2 large bottles of water with us from the ship to keep hydrated because the weather was very hot and humid 94f the day we were their. The beer was $3:00 each and our lunch was $16:00 and very good and filling. After having each 2 beers and lunch everything came to $28:00 plus we gave the traditional tips. So for us it was cheaper than paying the $35:00 each for the all inclusive. The massages are $25:00 but you can try and talk them down, some people next to us talked them down to $10:00 for the half hour and they said they were very happy with their massage. Beware you will be hounded alot by the locals trying to sell their products, we had at least 25 occasions where they would come wright to you on the Malecon (the walkway) and try and get you to go into their shop and buy something. But a plain no thank you worked fine and then they would say have a nice day. They were always very pleasant about it. The cost from the pier by cab is $3:00 each person to Mahajual and $2:00 each person back to the ship and only takes 5 minutes at most. And the prices for gifts and trinkets along the malecon are much cheaper then at the pier so if you are a shopper go to Mahajual We had a great day their and would recommend it highly to anyone.

We were at costa maya 2 weeks ago and we just got on the bus from outside the shopping area and got the bus to the town. Walking down the Malecon we picked a place that looked nice and went in and stayed there. Turns out it was the Pez Quadro.

We were there for a few hours and between 6 of us had lunch, a few drinks (some alcoholic some not) and a very nice time. Staff were very good, water was beautiful and it was a very relaxing place to stay. Price for the 6 of us (including 2 kids) was about $120 including tips so the package wasn’t worth it for us.

Highly recommended.

pezquad.jpg.af9430cad84bb3f02e774e0ba8654227.jpg

Yes, there are at least two bars on the Malecon that have rope swings for seats. One of them is the BOH and the other is Pez Quadro.

From where the bus from the terminal dropped us off (assuming you have the same stop) you'd go right (not much to the left anyway) and walk a pretty good piece down the Malecon.

Also, the last place on the malecon is Nochokay(ms?)...they may have swings there too. If I've got my info correct, the owner is Jaime who at one time had La Oasis in Playa del Carmen... I haven't been there but I hear the fishtacos are excellent and if it's like his cooking in Playa...all the food will be great.

:D I love fish tacos!! Grilled fish not that fried stuff. Thank you for the map.

We just got back from Costa Maya last week and we stayed at Pez Quadro in Mahajual for the day. It is towards the end of the Malecon but definitely worth it. They have lots of Palapas and loungers to use, and you can use all of these as long as you buy their drinks and food.

The massages are $25:00 but you can try and talk them down, some people next to us talked them down to $10:00 for the half hour and they said they were very happy with their massage. .

Thanks for the info. I don't eat a lot and my dh doesn't drink a lot so all inclusive isn't a draw in for us...plus if I pay a lot since I don't eat much sometimes I drink too much to get my moneys worth :eek: That's never a good idea.

I plan to have me a massage too! I might try to talk them down to $10 but I would give them the $25 in the end...but that's just me. I feel like they need the money.

very nice time. Staff were very good, water was beautiful and it was a very relaxing place to stay. Price for the 6 of us (including 2 kids) was about $120 including tips so the package wasn’t worth it for us.

Highly recommended.

Is the picture of the Pez Quadro? It looks beautiful.

From where the bus from the terminal dropped us off (assuming you have the same stop) you'd go right (not much to the left anyway) and walk a pretty good piece down the Malecon.

Does the bus just stop once or can you ride it futher down?

Tell me about BOH?

Welp ya'll have already helped me a ton. DH and I had originally planned to just go to Mahajual and wing it...but friends were talking about doing Maha Chan (something like that) it's an all inclusive and looks beautiful but it is over $50 each. Plus we're on the Dream and are only in Costa Maya from 7 until 3...so we'd need to head back to the ship by 1:30ish. I just don't see that it would be worth the money.

I think I'll just stick with my original plan. A lounger on the beach, a massage, a margarita or two and I am perfectly happy! Paradise!

Is the picture of the Pez Quadro? It looks beautiful.

Does the bus just stop once or can you ride it futher down?

Tell me about BOH?

That is a picture from inside Pez Quadro. I liked it.

we got off the bus at the second stop and walked to the beach and headed right. I think there is a 3rd stop that is closer. Its not a far walk from the second stop. Pez Quadro is near the south end of the malecon. From the reception area they called us cabs to get back to the ship - no problem for them at all.

That is a picture from inside Pez Quadro. I liked it.

we got off the bus at the second stop and walked to the beach and headed right. I think there is a 3rd stop that is closer. Its not a far walk from the second stop. Pez Quadro is near the south end of the malecon. From the reception area they called us cabs to get back to the ship - no problem for them at all.

Thanks a ton for all the info. I think we'll have fun-tabulous day!

Archived