Pulpit Rock & Cruise?

RMurp007

I see that Pulpit Rock is a 3 hour round trip from Stavanger, and that it starts from near the cruise terminal.

Lots of ships visit Stavanger, so I suppose that some will offer this excursion, though it looks as though you can do it on your own.

Jo.

Does any cruise ship offer an excursion that would allow one to go to Pulpit Rock?

The simple answer is "yes, they do". I did an excursion on Lysefjord which went all the way to Pulpit Rock before heading back to Stavanger. This was on HAL's Westerdam but I would assume that most ships stopping at Stavanger would offer this excursion. It was a nice trip, stopping for crepes and coffee, visiting with some mountain goats, just generally a very scenic day. It's a little expensive (most everything in Norway is) but worth it, in my opinion. If you'd like to see a few photos, here's a link: https://picasaweb.google.com/114876976752331794079/NorwegianFjords2010#

Hope this helps.

If you go down the page you'll find Ports of Call.

Go to "Europe", then look at the index- it will probably come under other ports, at the bottom of the index. You can search for Stavanger, or Pulpit Rock, or ask this question again on there.

Jo.

Archived