View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default 4 day Destiny Review-Thanksgiving

Amanda (22) & Mike (24) 4 day on the Destiny from Miami to Key West & Cozumel over Thanksgiving

We were fortunate enough to be able to take our second cruise this year. We took our first in the spring and I am addicted! We decided to take this cruise because it worked out with me taking time off work over the holiday. Our original plan was to fly down Wednesday and come back Monday after we debarked however Thanksgiving airfare was horrendous. We ended up taking a 6 am flight from IAD to MIA on Thanksgiving and staying an extra day on South Beach. Our flight was uneventful, we stopped at a Walgreens to buy 2 12 packs of soda which were a whopping $5 each. The cab fare was prorated to $25 to the port from the airport, we paid him a couple extra for taking us to Walgreens. We got to the port around 930 and were one of the first ones there! We easily used the kiosks (they didn't have these in the San Juan terminal) and were given our sign and sail cards along with zone 1 boarding pass. It didn't get too packed until 10:30 or so and they started allowing us to board around 10:45. Embarking was easy, we headed to the lido grill to eat and then laid out on the aft loungers until our rooms were ready. They were finally ready around 1:30 and so we took a nap before the muster drill ( I was up all night doing some last minute packing). The muster drill went by fairly quickly and then we went to the Lido again for sail away. Everyone was waving to us from the cars as we left and it was really nice to go past South Beach as we were leaving.

Carnival Victory March 27, 2011 -Southern Caribbean
San Juan to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten 7 days Review

Carnival Destiny November 24, 2011 Thanksgiving Cruise-Western Caribbean Miami to Key West & Cozumel 4 days Review
Carnival Glory October 22, 2012- Bahamas Norfolk to Nassau 6 days Review
Carnival Victory February 3, 2014- Exotic Eastern Caribbean Miami to Grand Turk & Little Stirrup Cay (Coco Cay) 5 days Review
Faster to the Fun Review

February 2015 WDW Princess Half Marathon