After walking for about 10 minutes or so, we passed an intriguing shop. I wanted to go in but wasn't sure if Crystal and Rae wanted to, but when they noticed it they figured right away that I would want to circle back and head in. The shop is called the EVOO market, and if you love to cook or are a foodie, it's a wonderful place!

Long tables are lined with various bottles of olive oil from around the world for tasting. There were several varieties of infusions, like white and black truffle, porcini mushroom, rosemary...even bacon! As soon as we entered, the owner, Sultan Khan, greeted us and explained the different varieties of oil. He also pointed us to several flavors of aged balsamic vinegar, which was rich and sweet. We tried the 18-year old balsamic, as well as the strawberry balsamic. Both were delicious!

We enjoyed ourselves, tasting several types of oil. He mentioned that if you purchased $100 worth of products, he would ship everything to your home for free. Crystal instantly set to work putting her order together. Rae and I bought bottles of water ($1 each), and a loaf of freshly baked bread from the bakery next door (he sells them when the bakery is closed), for $1.25. Delicious bread too!

We chatted a bit and told him that we were from the Princeton area. He said, "You know, I used to live right next to Princeton." We asked him where, and he said.....Plainsboro! Such a small world! Rae and I tell people we live in the Princeton area since they hardly ever know where Plainsboro is (right next to Princeton)! It's amazing that he comes from our hometown. He retired from the corporate world and opened this shop in Ft. Lauderdale, and is loving his life there.

It's funny, I kept taking photos of the shop and Sultan was wondering what I was doing. I know I must have looked crazy! I told him I was a blogger and would show some photos on my blog. If you are ever in the area, please do stop by and pick up a bottle of olive oil, or balsamic vinegar, even one of the fabulous cooking salts or beauty products. Sultan was very informative, giving health advice and recommendations based on our preferences.

If you Google EVOO Market Fort Lauderdale, you'll find his FB page. The web address is evoomkt dot com, and you can email him if you would like to order. Rae and are planning to put an order together in the next few days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~Chrystal
Email Me Friend Me on FB (Please message me your screen name on CC)

Previous Cruises:
NCL Norwegian Crown-NYC to Bermuda (2006)
RCI Adventure S. Caribbean-Barbados Route (2009)

Complete Photo Reviews:
RCI Serenade S. Caribbean-Barbados Route (2010)
l Carnival Glory from Norfolk-Bahamas (2011) l RCI Serenade S. Caribbean-Aruba Route (2011) l RCI Liberty to Cozumel (2012) l Fort Lauderdale Pre-and-Post-Cruise l RCI Allure W. Caribbean-Babymoon (2012) l RCI Liberty to Cozumel-Baby's First Cruise (2014)

Up Next:
Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas, November 2016
Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico, March 2017 (Girls' Trip)
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas, March 2017
Rome and Tuscany Land Tour, August 2017
Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas, August 2017
Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico, October 2017 (Couples' Trip)
Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas, January 2018

Travel Blog

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~Mark Twain