One month in Europe, 12 night cruise, all from a carryon? Am I crazy?

sweetpea222

So we're planning a wonderful trip next summer, a 12 night Med cruise followed by two weeks in Paris. I really, really need to do all of it with just what I can pack in a carry on. We don't want to be hauling tons of luggage from airport to dock, dock to train station, etc.

Can anyone share their secrets for a great looking European-worthy wardrobe that can fit into a carry on?

My first thought is to lose 10 lbs, since I think having fitted clothes is my best option for being stylish in Europe. :rolleyes: What else?

i could do it.

just bring xtra $$ for laundry. im taking a carry on my my next 6 day. couple maxi dresses.. sundress.. bathing suit.. light sweater.. 3 pairs of sandals.. undies and a bra. makeup bag.. hair brush.. maybe straightener.

A few years ago I saw something put out by Danskin called "Wardrobe in a Bag" or something like that..it was like 7 pieces of clothing that you could mix and match to make about 9 or 10 outfits. I never bought it and about kick myself for it! I googled it and couldn't find it at all..sigh! That would have worked for you. It was all blacks, whites, cream colors, etc. and it contained, I think , a short skirt, a long skirt among the other items.

I've been to Europe a few times.one thing I noticed about European women is that they are always dressed "smart"..a cute pair of flats, a nice pair of slacks or trousers, simple t-shirt, simple jewelery, maybe a colorful scarf.. even if going to the grocery you'd see them with just a pair of jeans and a tshirt but always a pretty jacket. I noticed a lot of "scarves" thrown around the neck and tied various ways (especially in Italy and Spain). Clothes were always neat, ironed. Make up always simple. A pretty pin,maybe to accent the scarf. If I saw prints, maybe a pucci like style. Simple over the shoulder tote to carry things from the markets, etc. Have pretty much noticed the same sort of trend in the U.K., Spain, and Italy.

I think if you stick to a neutral pallet..black/white/cream/khaki color you'll do fine. It may also be cooler there as well.

And if anyone could locate that Danskin "Wardrobe in a Bag", I'd be grateful!

So we're planning a wonderful trip next summer, a 12 night Med cruise followed by two weeks in Paris. I really, really need to do all of it with just what I can pack in a carry on. We don't want to be hauling tons of luggage from airport to dock, dock to train station, etc.

Can anyone share their secrets for a great looking European-worthy wardrobe that can fit into a carry on?

My first thought is to lose 10 lbs, since I think having fitted clothes is my best option for being stylish in Europe. :rolleyes: What else?

Edited by Gathina

I couldn't do it, so I admire you if you can. Even waiting at baggage claim drives DH crazy as he always travels with just a carry on.

That said, I did this once - for our honeymoon to Spain. I had a very basic colour scheme (khaki, navy, denim). For a cruise I'd go with a khaki skirt, black or navy skirt or capris, simple black dress that could be accessorised easily with scarf, jewellery and belt, white tank, black or navy tank, lightweight sweater ... you get the drift. Far better to wear classic, simple lines because your clothes will "fade into the background" and you won't feel like it's groundhog day ever day.

Find clothes that are easily washed. I bought a pair of ankle length pants before we went to England in April and they washed in the sink and drip dried perfectly. Find stuff like that so you don't have to send everything out to be cleaned.

I find the worst stuff to pack is shoes and bags, but would never travel with less than one pair of shoes because leather shouldn't be worn every day (and you're planning to take leather shoes - right?).

Let us know how your planning goes!

Great ideas, please keep them coming! I agree on the colour palate (ie. grey/black/white) so you can mix and match. That makes complete sense. Also will be looking for really good leather shoes that will be comfortable as well as fashionable.

Our tentative itinerary includes a 12 night cruise out of Venice, ending in Barcelona, and then taking the train to Paris where we would like to rent a flat for two weeks and just immerse ourselves in the Parisian culture.

What fabrics would you recommend? Something that will wash well, won't look dingy or old, and will dry with the fewest wrinkles since I hate ironing. I would like two simple dresses that would work for both daytime touring and then evening on the ship dressed up with scarves and jewellery. Not sure where to look for these. We're in Canada so shipping from the States can be murder.

I would probably recommend something with a lycra blend in it for the "wrinkle free" factor.

One "find" I got at Nordstrom's rack (they were Salavatore Ferragamo shoes on clearance for like $9) were a pair of leopard print flats. Before everyone cringes, they were not leather, but cloth, had a very flexible sole, and the color pattern was brown/black with a black patent leather tip at the toe box. I can't tell you how many times I've worn those with a short skirt, a pair of slacks and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, even for a flat, and they were made out of cloth. That worked well the the cream/black/khaki color palate I use them with.

Flats are not all alike, so if you did opt for a pair I'd go cloth, a flexible sole. Put the money into a good pair if you do. Cheap made ones are just that..cheap made and you'll feel it. Leather shoes: you might even find a leather flat.

Don't forget a couple of pairs of socks..lightweight trouser socks..the time of year you are going it could be a little chilly.

I did peruse the Danskin website for that wardrobe in a bag and I noticed there are a lot of things there that could work with your color palate and have the lycra. It doesn't all look like work out wear, either. A pair of yoga pants could really be your friend (black of course).

I would also look for a simple black tank dress , again lycra-like material. Could use a scarf as a shawl, pin it, or use it plain and with some nice jewelry.

Great ideas, please keep them coming! I agree on the colour palate (ie. grey/black/white) so you can mix and match. That makes complete sense. Also will be looking for really good leather shoes that will be comfortable as well as fashionable.

Our tentative itinerary includes a 12 night cruise out of Venice, ending in Barcelona, and then taking the train to Paris where we would like to rent a flat for two weeks and just immerse ourselves in the Parisian culture.

What fabrics would you recommend? Something that will wash well, won't look dingy or old, and will dry with the fewest wrinkles since I hate ironing. I would like two simple dresses that would work for both daytime touring and then evening on the ship dressed up with scarves and jewellery. Not sure where to look for these. We're in Canada so shipping from the States can be murder.

http://www.zappos.com/ivanka-trump-aidan-natural-print-snake-black

Now I would not spend the price for these shoes as they are probably not made real well, but I do like the style, print, and the heel. You could use this with a skirt or dress, and even with a pair of slacks or jeans if you were not going to do tons of walking (like covering Paris in a day)

A few years ago I saw something put out by Danskin called "Wardrobe in a Bag" or something like that..it was like 7 pieces of clothing that you could mix and match to make about 9 or 10 outfits. I never bought it and about kick myself for it! I googled it and couldn't find it at all..sigh! That would have worked for you. It was all blacks, whites, cream colors, etc. and it contained, I think , a short skirt, a long skirt among the other items.

I've been to Europe a few times.one thing I noticed about European women is that they are always dressed "smart"..a cute pair of flats, a nice pair of slacks or trousers, simple t-shirt, simple jewelery, maybe a colorful scarf.. even if going to the grocery you'd see them with just a pair of jeans and a tshirt but always a pretty jacket. I noticed a lot of "scarves" thrown around the neck and tied various ways (especially in Italy and Spain). Clothes were always neat, ironed. Make up always simple. A pretty pin,maybe to accent the scarf. If I saw prints, maybe a pucci like style. Simple over the shoulder tote to carry things from the markets, etc. Have pretty much noticed the same sort of trend in the U.K., Spain, and Italy.

I think if you stick to a neutral pallet..black/white/cream/khaki color you'll do fine. It may also be cooler there as well.

And if anyone could locate that Danskin "Wardrobe in a Bag", I'd be grateful!

This isn't Danskin, but I think the idea is the same.

http://www.thechickonthego.com/?utm_expid=41955477-0

Don't forget a couple of pairs of socks..lightweight trouser socks..the time of year you are going it could be a little chilly.

We'll be there mid-July to mid-August, so I'm not sure about chilly? :confused:

I hate crocs but I have to say those leopard print ones are really cute! At least, they look cute in the pic but I wonder if, in person, they look like thick plastic? IDK, I just have never been a crocs person, but if they looked fashionable I could change my mind. :D

I love ballet flats. Wear them to work all the time. The trick for me is to find some that are really comfy for all the walking we'll be doing (the med. cruise goes to Venice, Rome, Athens, Naples, Barcelona just to name a few so lots of walking) AND won't make my feet sweat if it's 90+ degrees out. I don't want to wear ugly sport sandals but I know my feet will feel bad, get blisters, and smell if I am not able to let them breath. :(

I'm not sure why you have to restrict yourself to one carry on if you are spending 12 nights on a cruise ship and two weeks in Paris. It isn't like your are traveling by train throughout Europe and changing hotels several times. I would probably bring a regular size suitcase and a tote bag that I could manage myself.

Has anyone bought from "the chick on the go" website? This is what I found on their site. http://www.thechickonthego.com/shop.html

Chick on the Go consists of 5 garments and 2 accessories. The garments included are black wide leg pant, black slip dress, white long sleeve V- neck shirt, white tank top, and a black poncho that can also be worn as a shirt or a skirt. The 2 accessories are sashes, one in black and one in white. These sashes can be worn as a belt, a scarf or a headband. All these pieces coordinate together to create 25 amazing outfits. All garments are pre-packed in our decorative clutch size case.

I did manage to pack for just over three weeks last fall in a 21" roller bag, and a large carry-on shoulder tote for a 12-night Med cruise and time before the cruise in Spain and after the cruise in Italy, traveling by train.

I was able to pack one cocktail dress for formal nights and had enough mix and match outfits for about 4 days, then had to do laundry. We used the ship's laundry twice and hotel sinks the rest of the time - not my idea of what to do on vacation. I could only take three pairs of shoes, one dressy, one walking and the other, sandals. I will never travel like this again!

Edited by Chloe1500

that's the EXACT idea that Danskin had used..this was great! If the OP used something along these lines, with a few pieces of jewelry or scarves she's good to go.

I am going to look into this a little more..thanks! I wonder who else has something like this out there...

This isn't Danskin, but I think the idea is the same.

http://www.thechickonthego.com/?utm_expid=41955477-0

I kinda feel where she's coming from. Depending on the carrier, now you can pay up to $25 for each bag, and some even now charge for carry on's! I was in Central America last week and they were charging for the carry on. I only had to go for one day so I used a large sack-like purse for a quick change and got away with it, but barely even with THAT!

I don't like to bring much with me either..because I like to have room to bring stuff home from my travels.

I'm not sure why you have to restrict yourself to one carry on if you are spending 12 nights on a cruise ship and two weeks in Paris. It isn't like your are traveling by train throughout Europe and changing hotels several times. I would probably bring a regular size suitcase and a tote bag that I could manage myself.

This is one of my favorite websites of all times~ http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/ There are great mix and match ideas in there for all seasons and with the method she uses, you could easily do it. The only caveat is whether you need "appliances".... I have to take a lighted magnifying mirror or I can't see to put on makeup anymore. I need a flat iron and I like to take a dvd player to go to sleep. (DH snores, earphones and movie drown out the noise. :rolleyes:)

Before we needed "appliances", we went to Europe for a month in a carry on without any problems! :D

Come to think of it, I think I saw one of those mix and match in a bag ideas on that airplane magazine that sells all the useful gadgets..can't think of the name of the magazine though! I might actually call Danskin tomorrow to find out..I know there's was way cheaper than what this girl is selling.

I like the website you posted..neat colors

This is one of my favorite websites of all times~ http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/ There are great mix and match ideas in there for all seasons and with the method she uses, you could easily do it. The only caveat is whether you need "appliances".... I have to take a lighted magnifying mirror or I can't see to put on makeup anymore. I need a flat iron and I like to take a dvd player to go to sleep. (DH snores, earphones and movie drown out the noise. :rolleyes:)

Before we needed "appliances", we went to Europe for a month in a carry on without any problems! :D

I was in Italy in the last summer and it was chilly..in late August..but then again, I was in the mountains..I thought you said October..sorry!

Crocs..I would NEVER be caught dead in them..but my friends who do wear them say they are not sweaty at all and are very comfortable..they are just UGLY.

But these..I would consider them..they have a funky looking sole, again that is very European as it's unique..and the print offsets the ugliness of the "crinkly" like sole. Might be worth the $22 they cost! Can't tell if the material is plastic or fabric..if the shoe part itself was fabric then I would consider it..plastic..NO

quote=sweetpea222;34895624]We'll be there mid-July to mid-August, so I'm not sure about chilly? :confused:

I hate crocs but I have to say those leopard print ones are really cute! At least, they look cute in the pic but I wonder if, in person, they look like thick plastic? IDK, I just have never been a crocs person, but if they looked fashionable I could change my mind. :D

I love ballet flats. Wear them to work all the time. The trick for me is to find some that are really comfy for all the walking we'll be doing (the med. cruise goes to Venice, Rome, Athens, Naples, Barcelona just to name a few so lots of walking) AND won't make my feet sweat if it's 90+ degrees out. I don't want to wear ugly sport sandals but I know my feet will feel bad, get blisters, and smell if I am not able to let them breath. :(

I recently spent 21 days in Europe (14 on a cruise) with a roll aboard and a tote, so I think I can offer some great practical advice.

First, settle on one neutral. For me it was black.

Everything you bring must match at least two other things, or it stays home.

Rely on your small, easy to pack accessories for your color.

Remember that you aren't going to the North Pole, they do sell things in Europe.

Here's what I took...

BOTTOMS

One pair of tan cotton crop (not capri!) slacks

One pair of black cotton crop (not capri!) slacks

FYI, these are the pants, I live in them--have six pair that range from six to 12 years old and still look new. As long as you take them out of the dryer right away, the most they need is a little Downy Wrinkle Release.

KO-P0341-STONE?$PRODDETIMG$

Two "broomstick" skirts, one solid black, one black & white patterned

One black knit skirt like this

0900631b81ea2ea1M.tif?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&rgn=0,0,3000,3000&scl=7.894736842105263&id=2fOLayKGLMY9R1UDUzbSVY

One pair of black stretch crepe knit pants

One pair black shorts

One Pair tan shorts

TOPS

One white cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt)

One white cotton blouse with black embroidered design

One white cotton tank with an embroidered/beaded embellishment

One black cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt)

One fuscia cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt) Wore on plane

One black knit tank top with a beaded embellishment

One black silk knit ballerina necked tee

very similar to this

GK-T0602-BLACK?$PRODDETIMG$

One long sleeved black silk knit top similar to the one just above

One black & white polka-dot sleeveless dressy top

One very lightweight open weave white hooded fine gauge linen knit sweater

One black cotton open weave sweater (wore on plane)

SHOES

One pair of hybrid athletic style sandal with closed toe

One pair of black and bronze Clark's thong style sandals that are comfortable for me to walk in all day (Verified several times prior to cruise!)

One pair of black and blinged dressier style flat sandals

These weren't them but not too far off

1891681-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

One other pair of completely flat sandals that I couldn't bear to not take with me but didn't really need. ;) I did wear them around the ship during the day, but the Clarkes would have worked just as well.

ACCESSORIES

Three "statement" necklaces and a diamond solitaire

One chunky bracelet

Half a dozen pair of earrings that ranged from simple studs to larger dangles

Two colorful scarves (one was a large silk square that folded into nothing and was useful to cover shoulders/head when going into churches/temples--I acquired two more while in Europe ;) )

One foldable straw sunhat (an absolute necessity!)

Sunglasses

Three pair below the ankle length socks to wear on the plane and with the athletic sandals (I tried them a few times at home before I left and realized the bottoms gave me hot spots, so as dorky as it looked, I went with the socks)

Four bras--two tan, one white, one black--one was on me on the plane

Four pair of panties, all tan--one was on me on the plane

Two cotton cami style tops to wear to bed

One small crossbody bag

One bathing suit

Large pashmina--used as blanket on plane and wrap several times when it was chilly in the dining room, on deck in the evening, and even on the overcast/rainy day we spent in Venice where there was a chill in the air.

One pair black yoga pants (wore on plane)

That was it for clothing. Really and seriously. I hand washed bras and silk knits as I wore them and drip dried. The rest I sent out for laundering as needed. The skirts were as cool as the shorts, but when went to Pompeii and the Acropolis I was glad that I had shorts just for ease of movement over very uneven ground.

OTHER

Makeup bag (mine isn't overloaded with "what if stuff" but rather has only the things I use every week)

3-1-1 bag which included: Sample packet of Shampoo and conditioner to get me through the first day, small bottle of makeup remover, small tube of face cream, small tube of handcream, 2 ounce bottle of body oil (I used the last drops on our last day), travel size hair cream, travel size hairspray, 2 ounce face wash (was more than enough), 3 ounce bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release, .25 ounce spray freshener from Yankee Candle, 2 ounce SPF 15 sunscreen I got as a sample

Other toiletries: Q-Tips (I like the real deal and they take no packing space), deodorant,

hairbrush, razor, nail clippers, tweezers, mini shower pouf

Prescription medications in original bottles

Small Zip Lock with packets of Immodium, Zantac, Advil, 3 days of DayQuil/NyQuil caplets, Neosporin gel packets and a few BandAids of varying sizes.

Mini umbrella

Camera and charger and memory cards

iPhone and charger

Netbook--never used and wouldn't take again, I used the iPhone daily though

Magazines which were given to others or recycled as I read them

When I got to Europe I bought a larger can of hairspray, and we ultimately needed to buy some cold medication and cough drops for my husband. I found the soap, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, and hand cream provided by our hotels and the cruise to be of high quality, so I used them. My husband likes a certain brand of soap and brought a bar with him, but he used the supplied shampoo and hand cream.

I also bought a blouse I liked, a Murano glass necklace and earring set, and a couple more scarves, but they were all very lightweight and took no room to pack on the way home.

I packed in a 20" (wheels to handle) Tumi roll on and a duffel style tote by Kipling (half of the tote was filled with the large, professional model DSLR that I brought). I also took my neck pillow which I did use on the plane. I hung it off the strap on the tote when in transport.

When choosing souvenirs we were very careful to choose very small, lightweight, non-fragile items.

We didn't have formal nights, if we did I would have brought a long black silk skirt and a dressy top, I could have fit it in.

Please ask if you have any questions, I hope this helps.

Edited to add:

Two other things I brought were a handful of Ziplocks in varying sizes. I can't remember what we used them for, but we definitely used some of them. They are a staple in my suitcase. I also brought my aluminum water bottle. I ditched the plastic a couple of years ago and never looked back. Particularly in Rome the water is clean, fresh pure. I filled my bottle in my hotel or on the ship each morning. Needed to refill at the ruins in Rome and the Acropolis, but the water fountains at both were safe. The water in Greece was OK but not as pure and amazing as the water in Rome.

I will never travel any other way than this again!

Edited by ducklite

I recently spent 21 days in Europe (14 on a cruise) with a roll aboard and a tote, so I think I can offer some great practical advice.

First, settle on one neutral. For me it was black.

Everything you bring must match at least two other things, or it stays home.

Rely on your small, easy to pack accessories for your color.

Remember that you aren't going to the North Pole, they do sell things in Europe.

Here's what I took...

BOTTOMS

One pair of tan cotton crop (not capri!) slacks

One pair of black cotton crop (not capri!) slacks

FYI, these are the pants, I live in them--have six pair that range from six to 12 years old and still look new. As long as you take them out of the dryer right away, the most they need is a little Downy Wrinkle Release.

KO-P0341-STONE?$PRODDETIMG$

Two "broomstick" skirts, one solid black, one black & white patterned

One black knit skirt like this

0900631b81ea2ea1M.tif?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&rgn=0,0,3000,3000&scl=7.894736842105263&id=2fOLayKGLMY9R1UDUzbSVY

One pair of black stretch crepe knit pants

One pair black shorts

One Pair tan shorts

TOPS

One white cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt)

One white cotton blouse with black embroidered design

One white cotton tank with an embroidered/beaded embellishment

One black cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt)

One fuscia cotton fitted tee (not an undershirt, but a nice fitted womens t shirt) Wore on plane

One black knit tank top with a beaded embellishment

One black silk knit ballerina necked tee

very similar to this

GK-T0602-BLACK?$PRODDETIMG$

One long sleeved black silk knit top similar to the one just above

One black & white polka-dot sleeveless dressy top

One very lightweight open weave white hooded fine gauge linen knit sweater

One black cotton open weave sweater (wore on plane)

SHOES

One pair of hybrid athletic style sandal with closed toe

One pair of black and bronze Clark's thong style sandals that are comfortable for me to walk in all day (Verified several times prior to cruise!)

One pair of black and blinged dressier style flat sandals

These weren't them but not too far off

1891681-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

One other pair of completely flat sandals that I couldn't bear to not take with me but didn't really need. ;) I did wear them around the ship during the day, but the Clarkes would have worked just as well.

ACCESSORIES

Three "statement" necklaces and a diamond solitaire

One chunky bracelet

Half a dozen pair of earrings that ranged from simple studs to larger dangles

Two colorful scarves (one was a large silk square that folded into nothing and was useful to cover shoulders/head when going into churches/temples--I acquired two more while in Europe ;) )

One foldable straw sunhat (an absolute necessity!)

Sunglasses

Three pair below the ankle length socks to wear on the plane and with the athletic sandals (I tried them a few times at home before I left and realized the bottoms gave me hot spots, so as dorky as it looked, I went with the socks)

Four bras--two tan, one white, one black--one was on me on the plane

Four pair of panties, all tan--one was on me on the plane

Two cotton cami style tops to wear to bed

One small crossbody bag

One bathing suit

Large pashmina--used as blanket on plane and wrap several times when it was chilly in the dining room, on deck in the evening, and even on the overcast/rainy day we spent in Venice where there was a chill in the air.

One pair black yoga pants (wore on plane)

That was it for clothing. Really and seriously. I hand washed bras and silk knits as I wore them and drip dried. The rest I sent out for laundering as needed. The skirts were as cool as the shorts, but when went to Pompeii and the Acropolis I was glad that I had shorts just for ease of movement over very uneven ground.

OTHER

Makeup bag (mine isn't overloaded with "what if stuff" but rather has only the things I use every week)

3-1-1 bag which included: Sample packet of Shampoo and conditioner to get me through the first day, small bottle of makeup remover, small tube of face cream, small tube of handcream, 2 ounce bottle of body oil (I used the last drops on our last day), travel size hair cream, travel size hairspray, 2 ounce face wash (was more than enough), 3 ounce bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release, .25 ounce spray freshener from Yankee Candle, 2 ounce SPF 15 sunscreen I got as a sample

Other toiletries: Q-Tips (I like the real deal and they take no packing space), deodorant,

hairbrush, razor, nail clippers, tweezers, mini shower pouf

Prescription medications in original bottles

Small Zip Lock with packets of Immodium, Zantac, Advil, 3 days of DayQuil/NyQuil caplets, Neosporin gel packets and a few BandAids of varying sizes.

Mini umbrella

Camera and charger and memory cards

iPhone and charger

Netbook--never used and wouldn't take again, I used the iPhone daily though

Magazines which were given to others or recycled as I read them

When I got to Europe I bought a larger can of hairspray, and we ultimately needed to buy some cold medication and cough drops for my husband. I found the soap, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, and hand cream provided by our hotels and the cruise to be of high quality, so I used them. My husband likes a certain brand of soap and brought a bar with him, but he used the supplied shampoo and hand cream.

I also bought a blouse I liked, a Murano glass necklace and earring set, and a couple more scarves, but they were all very lightweight and took no room to pack on the way home.

I packed in a 20" (wheels to handle) Tumi roll on and a duffel style tote by Kipling (half of the tote was filled with the large, professional model DSLR that I brought). I also took my neck pillow which I did use on the plane. I hung it off the strap on the tote when in transport.

When choosing souvenirs we were very careful to choose very small, lightweight, non-fragile items.

We didn't have formal nights, if we did I would have brought a long black silk skirt and a dressy top, I could have fit it in.

Please ask if you have any questions, I hope this helps.

Edited to add:

Two other things I brought were a handful of Ziplocks in varying sizes. I can't remember what we used them for, but we definitely used some of them. They are a staple in my suitcase. I also brought my aluminum water bottle. I ditched the plastic a couple of years ago and never looked back. Particularly in Rome the water is clean, fresh pure. I filled my bottle in my hotel or on the ship each morning. Needed to refill at the ruins in Rome and the Acropolis, but the water fountains at both were safe. The water in Greece was OK but not as pure and amazing as the water in Rome.

I will never travel any other way than this again!

What brand are your pants? I like that they are side zip.

No makeup or hair tools (curling iron, etc.)? No sneakers and workout clothes? No pjs or robe? Only 4 pairs of underwear for 21 days? One swimsuit? That would be a really hard packing list for me to use for a long vacation.