View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsback View Post
My daughter is currently on the QE II cruising NY to Caribbean to NY. I just received a message from her indicating that the Norovirus is active on board. She reports that "all outgoing calls, including that on my cell phone are bouncing back as ~restricted by agency~. we were not informed of the severity of the outbreak until today." She also learned that 500 people are sick.

Does anyone have more information? I can't find anything about it on the internet. Can they really stop all outgoing calls??? Is this all a bad joke? Thanks.
Hi macsback. I don't know what the problem is with making phone calls on board QM2, but when your daughter reaches the next port, she should be able to phone you from there. Because passengers have posted from the ship on this thread, we know that the internet connection is working. So, I don't think it would make much sense for phone calls from the ship to be intentionally blocked when the internet is working and calls can be made at port stops.

To those all on board who are ill, best wishes for a speedy recovery. My sympathy to passengers and crew dealing with the disruption. Regards, -S.

Last edited by Salacia; December 27th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.