View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiamo View Post
I have never felt as sorry for the staff as I do now. They are working round the clock battling this situation. It is serious, but in my opinion it is being handled very well. The festivities continue and those of us who have avoided this virus continue to enjoy the many offerings we come to expect and appreciate.

For those passengers who have been exposed, they are confined to their cabins until declared safe to come out. I do not believe anyone's life is in danger. If there is a communication issue at present, I am not aware of the reason, but please do not be frightened.

Jeanne
Hi Jeanne......so glad to read you are not affected, and are still able to enjoy the festive season....keep it that way!! Not a fun thing to deal with over the holidays for passengers and especially the hard working staff.

Hope our mutual friends are OK..not heard from her which is odd. Will email her but if you see them tell them I was concerned.

Have a great time.....Happy New Year!

Cheers, Penny

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water” Rabindranath Tagore

Penny’s “Affair to Remember” QM2 Review Dec. 2006
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...QM2 to the Caribbean again
October 16,2008...QM2 transatlantic in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage.
December 9, 2008...QM2...back to the Caribbean
July 30, 2009....QM2....transatlantic again...
August 7, 2009....QM2... “home” to Norway
Feb. 7, 2010....Emerald Princess to the Caribbean
Aug 14, 2010...QM2... return to Norway, all the way to the top!
Aug 22, 2011...Diamond Princess....North to Alaska!!
Dec 2,2011...Noordam to the Caribbean...outstanding! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544173
2012...Assorted land trips in my own stunning country
Oct 2012....OBX
2012...Booked on the lovely Noordam again

Several North Atlantic crossings from childhood thru college on ships of the old Norwegian America line and Swedish America Line...RIP to those marvelous old ships