View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibes372 View Post
Hi there! I'm a first-time cruiser, trying to schedule our December 2013 honeymoon adventure. We've settled on Norwegian as having the most offerings in the style and price range we'd prefer. We're childless 31-year-olds who want some romance, adventure, fun, and good food on our own time table.

The problem is, I'm totally stuck on three different cruises. The first is on NCLs newest ship, the Epic. We're inclined towards that one b/c of the myriad options for food and entertainment. However, I'm not that thrilled with the itinerary (St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau). There are two other trips (New Orleans to Montego Bay, George Town, Cozumel on the Jewel and Tampa to Mahogany Bay, Belize City, Costa Maya on the Dawn) that sound so much more interesting to me, but the ships are older and less grandiose.

So my question is: What's more important about the cruise? The ship b/c that's where you'll spend the most time, or the islands b/c that's where you get to adventure?
Since my husband and I are seasoned travelers, we prefer the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. However, most important to us is the ship. We love new ships. We check out the size and location of the cabin It really does matter. Cabins above and below is our rule and mid ship if possible. Be sure you check the square footage. For example, some ships a balcony cabin can be 170 Square feet- another for a balcony cabin 195 square feet. We also like larger ships as they typically have many more activities and venues. As far as we are concerned, adventure is available at all ports if you view the shore excursions available. We also prefer to sail out of Ft Lauderdale as opposed to Miami, Tampa or Cape Canaveral.

At the end of the day it is personal choice. Look at the reviews on cruise critic and see how the ship stacks up. Enjoy your cruise
Carnival Liberty,Carnival Victory,Carnival Legend, Carnival Glory
Crown Princess, Caribbean Princess (2)Celebrity Eclipse12/ 2012, CelebrityReflection3/23/13,Celebrity Summit 08/04/13, 8/10/12
Celebrity Silouhette 1/5/14, 3/23/14 Celebrity Summit FUTURE CRUISES: 8/10/14 and 8/12/2015- Quantum of the Seas 3/13/15 , 1/4/15-Celebrity Eclipse, 3/19/16 Anthem of the Seas

Ad Sponsored By