Paying for the next cruise on the ship

Hello,

I am going on a cruise in June and was thinking of booking my next cruise on the ship. Would I get a good deal or should I wait until I get back. The cruise will not be till the following year.

With RCI, booking on board usually will provide you with a lowered deposit amount required and some amount of on board credit. When you book on board you will be selecting a specific cruise at that time.

You can also purchase future cruise certificates that will provide the same booking benefits but that offer the flexibility of being used at any time for any future cruise choice.

Unless there is a special sale or promotion in place at the time, booking on board typically does not provide a lowered rate. However, either option will set your stateroom rate at the prevailing prices at the time of the booking, which assures that your rate will not increase later. You will also benefit by rate reductions that may occur prior to final payment once the booking is in place. The earlier you book also allows the greater selection of staterooms.

Prior to final payment, either method of booking will allow you to cancel the cruise without penalty with regards to your deposit, and transferring the booking in lieu of cancellation to another cruise will preserve the OBC. The future cruise certificates are also transferable one time each to family or friends with the same booking benefits available to them.

Either booking method can be transferred to a TA within 60 days of the booking if booked direct with RCI, or assigned to a TA at the time an on board booking is made or a future cruise certificate is purchased.

We typically purchase the future cruise certificates on board unless there is a specific cruise we are certain of at the time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind