Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Worked out ok. What hotel?

Maybe you can get transfers? I'd talk to HD or at least GSM on the first leg. You can't get if you don't ask.:rolleyes:

As it turns out the balconies were all sold out on the Mariner cruise so I had to pick different dates. The price is $80 more but they seem to have hotel availability for the overnight. It takes 24 hrs to confirm the hotel so I'm waiting. Good thing the hotel I reserved won't charge a penalty for canceling. I think the airfare will be about $100. less too. so I definitely will make back that $80. difference plus it gives me more time to prepare. There's so much to consider when booking and I'm glad I had the chance for a do-over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just booked NCL Sky 4nt October 29th sailing ... Halloween in the Bahamas ... for $440 including fees and taxes, single occupancy, inside guarantee. Plus on-board credit and a bottle of wine (from NCL).

Itinerary: Miami - Grand Bahama - Nassau - Great Stirrup Cay - Miami

BTW: I also got an art deco South Beach hotel, right on the beach, for the night before and the night after the cruise -- Friday night in South Beach! ;) -- for about $100 each night.

Great Halloween getaway ...2nts in Miami, 4nts at sea, 3 Bahamas ports ...for under $700.

14/15 Nov Azamara quest ex Malaga(spain) to canaries 13n is a 25% SOLO sup,

extra cruise due to short drydock

Anyone in Europe this is a cheap deal from around £1k in the UK as a pcakage.

May swing the cost for someone from the US, one way flights into the UK are cheap and get a TA back on another cruise.

Hi and thank you, you are all so inspiring to me. I just had a big birthday (65) and would like to do a big cruise. It will be solo (my 3rd); DH does not have the time. .

I have seen on RCCL a 7 D Western Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona for $1120 Interior solo total and 14 D Transatlantic Barcelona to FL for $1378 Interior solo total both on the Liberty of the Seas. This is $2458 for the 21 D or $117 a day.

I've checked Choice Air (thank you I've seen this referred to here) and can get a Delta Flight TPA -ATL -BCN for $408.70. This totals for the two cruises and airfare $2,867.

So should I arrive in Barcelona a few days earlier and do some sight seeing while there or just go the day before and get on the ship.

Also is there a place to find recommendations of where to stay and what to see there. I do have some Spanish so can manage.

So what do you think?

What hotel?

Rich

Hi Rich,

It's the Century Hotel South Beach. It's art deco vintage, but gets good reviews, averaging 7+ out of 10. Probably partly because it has a new owner (as of a year or so ago), and has updating (like marble bathrooms and showers).

I did a lot of looking, and most of the older hotels don't get as many good reviews as this one does.

It's also on the southern end of South Beach, where reviewers say it's quiet, but walking distance to the sights and sounds. And it's close enough to the ship alley leaving Miami port that you can walk along the beach and watch the ships coming and going. I plan to watch NCL Sky leaving on Friday evening (I depart Sky Friday morning) after having a day on the beach ...then explore South Beach Friday night.

Disclaimer: I have not been to this hotel yet, nor do I have anything to do with it ...it's just the best reviewed budget hotel in the area that I could find.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the East Coast Residents rate for the 8-night cruise on Carnival Miracle sailing out of NYC on Dec 16-24 (Pt. Canaveral,Nassau,Gr.Bahamas). If you live in NY,NJ,CT,MA,or PA you qualify for the discount and the single rate for an inside (they select the cabin :() comes to $775.99 including gov't fees and taxes. This is the best I've seen from Carnival in a long time. I paid about the same for a Miracle cruise in May '10 and saw the rates double for the following 2 years. I know the ports are week but I'll be just as happy or even happier staying on board. Now I just have to hope they don't put me in the engine room ;).

Just booked the East Coast Residents rate for the 8-night cruise on Carnival Miracle sailing out of NYC on Dec 16-24 (Pt. Canaveral,Nassau,Gr.Bahamas). If you live in NY,NJ,CT,MA,or PA you qualify for the discount and the single rate for an inside (they select the cabin :() comes to $775.99 including gov't fees and taxes. This is the best I've seen from Carnival in a long time. I paid about the same for a Miracle cruise in May '10 and saw the rates double for the following 2 years. I know the ports are week but I'll be just as happy or even happier staying on board. Now I just have to hope they don't put me in the engine room ;).

-I might look at this-

Today I did the following though I won't say its a bargain but its decent.

Epic for April 10th $949-$100 HSN OBCcredit - $100 NCL promo OBC=$749+ insurance & port fees= $1,000

-I might look at this-

Today I did the following though I won't say its a bargain but its decent.

Epic for April 10th $949-$100 HSN OBCcredit - $100 NCL promo OBC=$749+ insurance & port fees= $1,000

You're just saying that because you know how I feel about the Epic.:D I'm guessing you booked one of those broom closets with a peek-a-boo showers. Also, I can't believe I typed week instead of weak.

Edited by cruise pup

Find it hard to believe you got this price

during a major holiday week..

However, I just checked and it is now

$1,678 for a solo before taxes.

So maybe you were just really lucky.

You are looking at the wrong sail date. $1,678. solo is for the 12/24 sail date. I posted about the 12/16 sail date.

Miracle.pdf

Edited by cruise pup

The $1,678. for a solo is for the 12/24/12 sail date and not the 12/16/12 sail date. You were looking at the wrong cruise.:D

Miracle.pdf

I cannot find this cruise anywhere....maybe it is already sold out

I found it easily just now by selecting November and Grandeur in the Find A Cruise section on RCCL.com homepage. However, I get a message that information is temporarily unavailable. If you are looking on another website, that may be the reason.

I almost booked it until I realized it's a one way to Panama. :eek:

22-Nov Miami, Florida Depart 4:00 PM

23-Nov Cruising

24-Nov Cruising

25-Nov Colon, Panama Arrive 8:00 AM

Are you going to stay there a few days or try to fly back on Thanksgiving Day? :eek:

I almost booked it until I realized it's a one way to Panama. :eek:

22-Nov Miami, Florida Depart 4:00 PM

23-Nov Cruising

24-Nov Cruising

25-Nov Colon, Panama Arrive 8:00 AM

Are you going to stay there a few days or try to fly back on Thanksgiving Day? :eek:

I booked this cruise a couple of years ago except it was 6 days calling on Cozumel, Costa Maya and Costa Rica. The ship was about 75% full.

Guess that's why they just eliminated all the ports.

Rates were cheap and over a hundred people booked it, thinking it was a closed loop cruise lol.

They got off the ship in Cozumel and flew home!!!

It was showing for me on the Singles discount page of vtg yesterday but I couldn't find it on RC's own site.

See post #1770. The airfares from Pty are pretty high so unless someone needs a cheap way to get from Miami to Panama this is not a good deal.