Girl's Thread :) Single women, on which ship and when are you going?

Ajkcruiser

I will be a solo passenger on MSC Lirica sailing out of Dubai on 15th March 2014. My son has been posted to Dubai for 5 years with his job and I will be spending time both pre and post cruise with him and his family. I have been to Dubai three times now and in fact did a Royal Caribbean cruise from Dubai in Feb but there was so much I did not get to see and am keen to go back. RCI are not sailing from Dubai in 2014 and MSC are making a return to there. My late husband and I started our cruising with MSC on Melody and there followed other cruises with MSC, Princess, Thomson, Star Cruises (Far East) and I am so pleased to be able to do this cruise with MSC and see more of the UAE. I have started a Roll Call for the sailing so if anyone wants to see the UAE then why not book and sign up and meet some others.

Suzanne in Bristol, UK

Any advice?

I'm from UK and spending time in Florida in Nov 2013 & really fancying a 3 to 5 days cruise, possibly a singles cruise, and any tips or suggestions of where to find a fun cruise as I haven't a clue where to start!!

Thanks for reading

Any advice?

I'm from UK and spending time in Florida in Nov 2013 & really fancying a 3 to 5 days cruise, possibly a singles cruise, and any tips or suggestions of where to find a fun cruise as I haven't a clue where to start!!

Thanks for reading

Google 'singles cruise'.

Sailing on oasis with my 12 year old daughter who can't wait to get ditch me once we board! Any other women on this cruise 8/3-8/10. I'd love to meet up:)

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Danish plz tell all when you get back . This will be my first time with msc . Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Back from my 3. cruise with MSC, but the 1. on my own with them.

I had an amazing time. I was lucky to bee seated at dinner with a couple from Holland with there teenage son, a couple from Sweden and 2 very nice italien women. Later on I meet a woman from Australien who i spend a lot off time with. There was not any single get together, but i found it very easy to talk to people, and loved everything about the trip and the ship, MSC Sinfonia.:p

Sailing on the Allure of the Seas on March 16, 2014. I'm a RCCL platinum member and looking forward to sailing on this ship for the first time. I have a late seating with a table of eight. Hope to meet more singles onboard. Will definitely attend meet and greet get togethers if any are planned!

Speaking for myself, I am traveling solo in October for the first time for the same reasons. Some of my single friends don't have the money right now, and some are waiting until they are in a relationship to go on a cruise. (That one I completely do NOT understand.) So, I decided to get on these boards and meet people. I booked my singles group cruise through a travel agency which helps because they have their own groups on Facebook.

MsGal and Travelinesmero, EXACTLY!

I started single cruise traveling after my divorce a couple years ago, and had the same issues with friends or family not available for all the same reasons. I had traveled extensively and solo before so was not intimidated. But it is really nice to have social time when dinner comes... You can feel akward by yourself then. Hate when u book a table for one person in some restaurants and when you arrive you find a table dressed for two... it happens GRRRRRRRR

I found my solution by joining hosted singles cruises, where an organized group of single people have planned activities and dine together. These groups are large enough to that you can pick who you sit with at dinner. The rest of the day, do as you please! Nothing is mandatory, all optional. Plenty of activities set up, cocktails, dance lessons, games, on shore parties.... But I can attest it is a real great way to make new friends from all over and all walks of life. Also, mostly there are a higher percentage of ladies on these hosted cruises so ou reall meet a lot of women "in the same boat". I stay in touch by Facebook groups and that is so cool as you are not as alone once back home :)

I highly recommend to any single gal out there! It is really a fantastic solution and you will have loads of FUN - Isn't that what we all really want from a cruise vacation? :)

I am joining my 4th hosted singles cruise on the Carnival Imagination September 2 Labor day cruise 4 nights, and I am looking forward to it!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Single gal here biting the bullet and going on a 2 week Mediterranean cruise solo! I know I will have a great time and I have no doubt that I will meet lots of wonderful people on my cruise ship. I just wish Celebrity was a little kinder with their fares for solo cruisers.

Back from my 3. cruise with MSC, but the 1. on my own with them.

I had an amazing time. I was lucky to bee seated at dinner with a couple from Holland with there teenage son, a couple from Sweden and 2 very nice italien women. Later on I meet a woman from Australien who i spend a lot off time with. There was not any single get together, but i found it very easy to talk to people, and loved everything about the trip and the ship, MSC Sinfonia.:p

Did you request where to sit for dining or did they choose. Also what cabin did you have and drink package I'm on the orchestra in oct and I'm 17 days on a transatlantic x

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm going on the Carnival Triumph on 2/1/14 by myself. I'm a 35 yo divorced mom of a 6 year old (who is going on a separate vacation with his dad at the same time). Last time I went with a mostly single group of co-workers and I met someone there on a bachelor party (dated for a while afterwards). I kind of hope something similar happens this time around! :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Myself and (so far) 3 other singles (3 ladies, 1 guy) on the Dream Sept 21, recruiting more friends to join us. It's a milestone birthday cruise for me. Hope the find some singles on this cruise. The two times I went to the singles meet and greet the first night no luck.

I'm going on Enchantment of the Seas on Feb 17th. It will just be my son and I (I'm a single mom).

Our other two cruises we went with 4 other people. My little guy is going to want to be in the kids room the whole time, so I will be spending a lot of time alone, which I never do because I homeschool and I'm a nanny, so always around someone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. Single mom here too, sailing with my teenager on Ruby Princess from Fort Lauderdale on March 24. I may be on my own a lot, too--he sleeps a lot! So, hoping for friendly faces at the single/solo meet & greet.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...