Chase Sapphire credit card trip cancellation trip insurance question

I have a question. I hope few of you may be able to answer me. I have a Chase Sapphire credit card. I always buy my cruise with that card. I also always buy cruise care from the cruise line. Today I happen to talk to an agent from the credit card company and she mentioned to me that I always have the insurance from Chase credit card when I buy my cruise, air line, hotel... from them. If I'm unable to make my trip from a medical reason they will pay. If this is true than I don't need to buy cruise care or any other trip cancellation insurance. My question is any of you who has this credit card is it true? Has any of you needed to use it? How does it work?

Thanks so much in advanced for all the information.

I have a question. I hope few of you may be able to answer me. I have a Chase Sapphire credit card. I always buy my cruise with that card. I also always buy cruise care from the cruise line. Today I happen to talk to an agent from the credit card company and she mentioned to me that I always have the insurance from Chase credit card when I buy my cruise, air line, hotel... from them. If I'm unable to make my trip from a medical reason they will pay. If this is true than I don't need to buy cruise care or any other trip cancellation insurance. My question is any of you who has this credit card is it true? Has any of you needed to use it? How does it work?

I have no experience with your card, but that is not the only thing that travel insurance covers.

Cruise care insurance might have "Cancel for any reason " , which doesn't require a medical certificate.

We have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Recently received the GUIDE TO BENEFITS(effective 11/01/13). Pg. 12-21 cover the TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE and TRIP INTERRUPTION INSURANCE provisions. Suggest you read the extent of coverage. If you need the booklet or for questions, contact 1-888-320-9961.

Cruise care insurance might have "Cancel for any reason " , which doesn't require a medical certificate.

Correct, CruiseCare gives a 75% credit towards a future cruise if the cruise is cancelled for a non-covered reason.

Edited by clarea

I will read the guide. Few months ago we had to loose an air line tickets due to illnes but lost the money. I did not know about this insurance. May be I could have got my money back with doctor's letter.

I had the same question and after reading through the benefits guide realized that although cancellation coverage is included, you're on your own if you get sick or injured and need to be evacuated from the ship. This can be extremely costly, so I went to insuremytrip.com and got a policy that provides medical/evacuation coverage. It only cost about $27 for both my husband and myself and fills in gaps our normal medical insurance wouldn't cover while traveling outside the United States.

I had the same question and after reading through the benefits guide realized that although cancellation coverage is included, you're on your own if you get sick or injured and need to be evacuated from the ship. This can be extremely costly, so I went to insuremytrip.com and got a policy that provides medical/evacuation coverage. It only cost about $27 for both my husband and myself and fills in gaps our normal medical insurance wouldn't cover while traveling outside the United States.

I always worry that once you need the insurance to come thru this is when you find out all the issues. I always buy it from the cruise line but I don't want to "double up". I will check the insuremytrip.com thanks much