How Do You Post Pictures On Here?

LaShelle2

The easiest thing for me to do is to send you to the Help Section on the Corvette Forum.

Like CC, the CF is well moderated and uses the same software.

Here is a link to a complete "How To" guide.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help-forum/2386551-how-to-post-pictures-a-complete-step-by-step-guide.html

We will all look forward to seeing you posting photos.

Happy cruising...

so you have to upload them to photobucket and then cut and paste?

Not cut, but copy and paste. That works well.

You should go over to the photo discussion board on CC.

You will get help there, and you can test away and see what works and what doesn't.

Edited by johneeo

Most of the photo websites are similar. Post the pictures there and then post a link code to the photo here. The actual photo doesn't get posted here.

I am not sure what you meant in the above post. Here is picture from my webshots that is posted here.

2901466780104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

JimmyJames

I use Photobucket and have been pleased with how it works, uploads, etc. Here are my notes on how to do larger pictures. Below are a couple of examples for I have posted from my earlier pictures.

For posting photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,500 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “New” Harbor is actually old and charming with lots of outdoor dining options and nearby shopping:

Boat.jpg

This is the dramatic overview of Alesund from the Aksla vantage point along the western coast of Norway. This spot allows a nearly 360-degree view of this setting for this island city and the surrounding mountains and islands. It is at a 597’ height overlooking the five islands making up the scenic town.:

AlesundHarbor.jpg

We use the "manage attachments" button at the bottom of the reply page. We find that some of our pics post, and some don't. Seems that a problem exists with our pics. We have used different cameras on different cruises.

R&D

Attached photos have a size limit (620x280). If an image is too large, it will not post.

Dave

Said yet another way...

In the text of your posting, you will paste in text from your photo hosting site that looks like:

web address of picture on photo hosting site.

For one of my Photobucket pictures, this will look like:

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy32/macdonaldrc/Liberty%20of%20the%20Seas%20June%202010/IMG_1828_edited-1.jpg[/img

I purposely left off the last "]" so that it wouldn't actually show the picture in this reply, but instead show you what the text looks like. Most picture hosting sites will show you the above link so that you only need to copy the link from the site and then paste it into your CC posting. Photobucket calls it IMG Code and if you click on it, it's automatically copied to your clipboard. Other photo hosting sites may call it BBN Code, or possibly even something else.

If you click on the Preview Post button, CC will replace the confusing text with the picture in the preview window so that you can make sure that everything copied/pasted correctly. Don't worry, it's not as difficult as it sounds.

Buried in the BBC code is the actual source

This is how it will look: Dave

YES, Dave, I super loved your lobster dish shown. Did it taste as wonderful as it looked? Glad I had already eaten dinner. Now it's time for dessert. Here's one sample below.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,500 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

Here is just one sampling of the three different tables with various dessert treats at a Galley Buffet on our cruise. This one picture is worth about one thousand fork-fulls. We have been told these delights are all low-cal, right?:

CloudBuffetDessertsOne.jpg

Buried in the BBC code is the actual source
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5202/5368119633_e7d18e2993_b.jpg

This is how it will look:

5368119633_e7d18e2993_b.jpg

Dave

How do you get the actual source code, Dave? I can only find the code for the flickr page and not just the one photo on a blank page?

Thanks,

Mary

How do you get the actual source code, Dave? I can only find the code for the flickr page and not just the one photo on a blank page?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary, here is part of what I posted earlier.

you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site

It will start with this: >And then end with this code:

In between will be the detailed code that comes from your photo storing place for that specific picture. Example below

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,860 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

The Grand Staircase at St. Petersburg’s Hermitage:

1A-StP-HermitageGrandStairs.jpg

I post pictures on Picasa (free image editor from Google which offers 2GB of free webspace for photos) and from there post them on CC. Here are the instructions for doing that:

Posting pictures from Picasa to CruiseCritic

Go to your Picasa Web Album and click on the picture that you want to post on CC. Click on “Link to this photo.” In the right column, select the size that you want to post and select "Image only". Click on the HTML in the bottom box to select it. Then click CTRL-C to copy to the clipboard.

In the reply box in CC click the Insert image icon.* A small box will open for you to insert the HTML code that you just copied. Click CTRL-V to paste the HTML into the box. The picture should appear in the reply box. Click Preview Post to see if it is OK. Then click Submit reply.

*Please note that depending on your security setting, you might receive a warning message. If you do then “allow” access and click the Insert image icon again.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...