Meet & Mingle Door Signs

I don't know if all doors are metal, but I've read to have Tacky Tape OR Poster Putty with us so we can put up door signs. I think you can get this stuff at Wally World or any business supply store. Happy Sailing !!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but here it goes!

I just got back from a Royal Caribbean Cruise, on board the Freedom of the seas, and it was FANTASTIC. I met a lot of really cool people, including some really nice staff members. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get Mike Santos' (from Brazil) e-mail address? He was part of the entertainment crew of the Freedom of the Seas. He hosted karaoke (with Cassey) on deck 3 (On Air), was one of the dancers during the 70's night, 80's night and Solarium pool party night and usually greeted guests in front of the Arcadia, Studio B,etc.

So I was wondering if any of you going aboard the freedom of the seas could ask for his e-mail address for me? I would really love to share some of my pictures with him. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Eva

(if you guys find anything out, feel free to e-mail be at eva underscore figura at hotmail dot com)

:D

• 3 weeks later...

At The Holidays 2008

This year is very different,

Great change is in the air,

For many, there’s a sense of hope,

Mine is coupled with despair.

So many face the loss of jobs,

And the very homes they live in,

It’s official we’re in a “recession,”

What a very brilliant concession!

The banks are being bailed out,

There’s always help for them.

But for the common folks like us,

Chance of rescue is really slim!

I’m holding out for Obama,

I know that this time next year,

Our world will be a better place,

And folks will feel more cheer.

In the meantime, I’ll try my best,

To feel Christmas in my heart,

Regardless of external happenings,

That’s where it has to start.

My future looks pretty gloomy,

And I’ve cried so much of late,

But I have to stand back and accept,

I didn’t create this fate.

Even more this Yuletide, than ever,

I must cherish what I always do,

My very own sources of solace,

My treasures in people like you.

I hope your holiday is filled,

With love and countless blessings,

The joy of loved ones close at hand,

Feasts of turkey, ham and dressings.

And if hard times assail you,

I pray your faith is strong,

And that the New Year brings relief,

And rights all that has gone wrong.

Carmen Henesy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know if all doors are metal, but I've read to have Tacky Tape OR Poster Putty with us so we can put up door signs. I think you can get this stuff at Wally World or any business supply store. Happy Sailing !!

We bought Avery magnetic paper to print the door signs on and they stick very well as the doors are painted metal. We put the sign in the bottom of our suitcase protected with flat things. We have had the sign for many crusies. Just take it down on the day before disembarking because for some reason people think that last night is the night to damage the signs.

Sure wish we could get a new design for our door signs, is there any chance someone has the capability to make up a new one for Cruise Critic? Could it also be posted on these boards?

Thanks, Irene & Miles

• 2 weeks later...

Sure wish we could get a new design for our door signs, is there any chance someone has the capability to make up a new one for Cruise Critic? Could it also be posted on these boards?

Thanks, Irene & Miles

Here is one I did that contains lots of blank space in the middle, allowing it to be personalized with ship, itinerary, or whatever (click on image to view PDF file which can then be downloaded & saved):

cc_blank_sign_tn.gif

You can then import/convert the file for use as a background in other applications (Photoshop, Word for example).

Here is a thumbnail of an example I did with your 2009 sailings (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o:D):

cc_door_sign_ichur.jpg

Ichur, if you email me (floridapalms @ att . net - without spaces), I can send you the full size PDF file (2mg, prints 8-1/2x11) of your 2009 sailings.

BTW, I took the picture of the Solstice when she was docked next to us in November when we sailed on the Independence. She looked beautiful! Enjoy your upcoming cruise Irene & Miles.

~ Judy

Here is one I did that contains lots of blank space in the middle, allowing it to be personalized with ship, itinerary, or whatever (click on image to view PDF file which can then be downloaded & saved):

cc_blank_sign_tn.gif

You can then import/convert the file for use as a background in other applications (Photoshop, Word for example).

Here is a thumbnail of an example I did with your 2009 sailings (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o:D):

cc_door_sign_ichur.jpg

Ichur, if you email me (floridapalms @ att . net - without spaces), I can send you the full size PDF file (2mg, prints 8-1/2x11) of your 2009 sailings.

BTW, I took the picture of the Solstice when she was docked next to us in November when we sailed on the Independence. She looked beautiful! Enjoy your upcoming cruise Irene & Miles.

~ Judy

Wow, I am impressed, thank you, that is really cool.

Irene & Miles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I wanted to bring over the post from the old boards with the file I made that you can use to print your name on these door signs:

Well, I seem to be a sucker for something the least bit geeky... You can download this rtf file which should open up into Microsoft Word just fine. There is a text box in the right place (at least for my printer) with a dummy screen name that you can change to yours.

Laura, please feel free to take this file and move it to the cruisecritic web space if you like.

You may be able to open it with a direct click, or if not, then try right clicking on the link and doing a "Save As" to your local hard drive.

Cruise Critic Sign Name

If the position is wrong on your printer, click near the name so you can see the borders of the text box, then right-click on the border and edit the properties. There should be a "Position" tab which you can adjust to tweak the final location. Hopefully it will work fine for most if not everyone, just as it is.

Theron

I clicked and got a HOMETOWN web page that says it has been shut down...???

• 1 month later...

Hi Judy! It's me, Connie....we sailed on the Independence w/you in November. :D

You made a great Cruise Critic sign for our sailing and I was wondering if you could give me a quick "how to" for our upcoming Enchantment cruise? Our door would just be too naked w/o one. :p

Here are the links to the original RCI Meet and Mingle Door signs that I host. They keep getting buried and hard to find. You will need Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or higher to make them work!

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1/doorsign.pdf

or

http://dkinner.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/doorsign.pdf

Both sites are exactly the same, I provide two of them because they do go wonky from time to time.

Now, get out there, and take me with you! :D

Hi Judy! It's me' date=' Connie....we sailed on the Independence w/you in November[/b']. :D

You made a great Cruise Critic sign for our sailing and I was wondering if you could give me a quick "how to" for our upcoming Enchantment cruise? Our door would just be too naked w/o one. :p

Was that the transatlantic cruise from South Hampton to Ft Lauderdale? We were aboard with you if it was. Wasn't that a great cruise? I printed out the door sign and am taking suction cups and a red, white and blue stars wreath on the Freedom of the Seas cruise in June.

Irene & Miles

I "stole" the official door sign and have adapted it so that you can put your name on right in the Adobe .pdf file and print it out. No double brinting or anything.

I have placed a copy of it on a couple of quicky web pages

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1 or on

http://dkinner.tripod.com/id5.html

click one or the other, these guys don't allow a lot of traffic so if you can't access it there, then just email me and I will be happy to send ya'll a copy! I am casting around for a place that will allow me to hot link the thing right to a post.

bassnote_1@yahoo.com

Thanks for the sign. It was easy and my printing is not the greatest (even though in my former life I was a teacher and taught printing - go figure!)

Thanks again,

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...
Here are the links to the original RCI Meet and Mingle Door signs that I host. They keep getting buried and hard to find. You will need Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or higher to make them work!

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1/doorsign.pdf

or

http://dkinner.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/doorsign.pdf

Both sites are exactly the same, I provide two of them because they do go wonky from time to time.

Now, get out there, and take me with you! :D

Thanks for the links!!

• 1 month later...

In case you're having trouble adding your name to the doorsign, I've taken the liberty of creating an editable version where you can type your name and print right in Adobe Reader. You can also edit the font, style and size of the text so that you can personalize your sign!

http://www.awesomebounce.com/CCdoorsign.pdf

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Jeff

I "stole" the official door sign and have adapted it so that you can put your name on right in the Adobe .pdf file and print it out. No double brinting or anything.

I have placed a copy of it on a couple of quicky web pages

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1 or on

http://dkinner.tripod.com/id5.html

click one or the other, these guys don't allow a lot of traffic so if you can't access it there, then just email me and I will be happy to send ya'll a copy! I am casting around for a place that will allow me to hot link the thing right to a post.

bassnote_1@yahoo.com

This is the only one that I could get to work right.

THANK YOU! Want it for the DREAM in September.

• 3 weeks later...
Download the "Official" Door sign here!

www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

You will need Adobe reader to download the doorsign.

If you do not have Adobe reader, you can download here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

Laura

I'm looking for the door sign that has Cruise Critic, all the cute fish etc and the line to add my CC name. (It said something about I'm a CC Member - are you?) Not the one that includes the Meet and Mingle.

I'm looking for the door sign that has Cruise Critic, all the cute fish etc and the line to add my CC name. (It said something about I'm a CC Member - are you?) Not the one that includes the Meet and Mingle.

I am looking for a bright new door sign unlike the previous ones... what about a new one from those of you with talent. I also would like a name tag that we could put our screen name on. We got a new sign for the Oasis Inuagral sailing but that one (nice as it is is a little pastel in color). Let's get away from the cute fish and get something else nautical on it. I like to print them on magnetic paper for the metal doors.

Irene & Miles