Irish-themed cruises

jaj131

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are prebooked for the one next year (W Carib). We are wondering about the size of the venues. There are already >900 people pre-booked per the travel agency. Is there a venue large enough for this? Our main concern is we paid about $200 per person more for the special entertainment (compared to a similar cabin same cruise on Orbitz) and we don't want to be in a position that you don't get a seat unless you get there 20 minutes early like the entertainment on some other cruises. We are 3 couples traveling together and are really looking forward to this cruise.

We just did the Cruise of the Irish Stars in January and booked again for next year. Costa Mediterranea - great food - good service and EXCELLENT shows.

http://www.cruiseofirishstars.com/

We are prebooked for the one next year (W Carib). We are wondering about the size of the venues. There are already >900 people pre-booked per the travel agency. Is there a venue large enough for this? Our main concern is we paid about $200 per person more for the special entertainment (compared to a similar cabin same cruise on Orbitz) and we don't want to be in a position that you don't get a seat unless you get there 20 minutes early like the entertainment on some other cruises. We are 3 couples traveling together and are really looking forward to this cruise.

Last year there were 1200 people booked! We never had a problem attending a show. We do tend to get there early, but I didn't hear of anyone being turned away. We didn't go to every show (there are many shows throughout the day!) and I'm sure that many others don't. Some shows are at the same time we're in port, so people are on excursions, some people just get tired and don't go that night. I'm sure you'll get into every show you want to see :)

We can't wait! :D

• 4 years later...

We just returned from Andy's Cooney's Irish cruise on the MSC Poesia. It was wonderful! Irish entertainment was plentiful and just for the people who signed up for the Irish cruise. Ronan Tynan, the Irish tenor, was up close and personal. What an entertainer! There was a comedian who had us holding our sides - he was hilarious. We couldn't have asked for a better cruise!!!!!!!

Look on Andy's web site and you'll see the types of entertainers he has booked. Everything was as advertised.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We are considering taking this cruise next year. How does it work having other passengers onboard but not as part of Andy's group? Do they have access to our outdoor entertainment? Are we still able (have time) to see the ship's regular entertainment? I really enjoy the revue shows. How are we distinguished from the regular passengers? Does Andy's group eat at a certain time? When was that on your crise if they do? I read every single word that you wrote & am looking forward to the same cruise next year? What about the ship, its service, did the crew speak English, was there a lot of extra costs for things on board? Thanks for any help that you can give me. Gloria

Yes, the other passengers had access to the outdoor entertainment, but it didn't cause any problems that I'm aware of. Seats were always at a premium.

We didn't go to the ship's shows (we had booked a back-to-back so went to see the ship's shows on that cruise). The Irish entertainment started around 8 p.m. in a lounge that was reserved for us. It went on until the wee hours in different venues. The main show was at 10 p.m. in the large theater and many times that ran until 11:30.

The staff spoke English as well as on any other ship. They have a hilarious group of staff who entertain outside as well. We found the crew to be very polite and helpful. Our cabin attendant was a jewel.

They announce very few things and, when they do, it's in several languages. It's very peaceful without all the announcements.

I hope I haven't repeated or haven't answered something you asked. I'll

check back.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this cruise to anyone who loves Irish music. Ronan Tynan is phenomenal and they have a comedian who will have your sides splitting.

We ate at 6 or 5:30 (depending on the day). I think all of the Irish cruisers ate at the same time due to the schedule of the entertainment.

They put a special sticker on your seapass card to identify you and they do check it when you go into the shows. They also have a list of names if you lose your sticker and/or card.

That's one thing we had a problem with - mostly at the internet - it would "eat" your seapass card. We had to go get new ones a few times.

I found the reception desk personnel to be very helpful. I watched one day as a lady went off on one of the personnel, repeating herself again and again. It was something the staff would not have had control over, but the girl kept her cool and was cordial the entire time.

Hi,

I am trying to book a cruise with Andy Cooney on the Poesia in February. I have a lot of questions. Can anyone tell me how they fit in the extra shows? How do you distinguish that you are with Andy? Can everyone hear the outdoor shows? Was there anything that I should know about MSC before I take the cruise. Any information is helpful to me. Gloria, originally from NY now living in FL.:cool:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gertrude Byrne Promotions charters a Ship from HAL yearly in February and goes to the Caribbean. The entire ship is under her direction with all the entertainment through her. She has done this for 25 years and over the last 15 has sold out completely. The next cruise is on the Westerdam.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

We are considering taking this cruise next year. How does it work having other passengers onboard but not as part of Andy's group? Do they have access to our outdoor entertainment? Are we still able (have time) to see the ship's regular entertainment? I really enjoy the revue shows. How are we distinguished from the regular passengers? Does Andy's group eat at a certain time? When was that on your crise if they do? I read every single word that you wrote & am looking forward to the same cruise next year? What about the ship, its service, did the crew speak English, was there a lot of extra costs for things on board? Thanks for any help that you can give me. Gloria

I'm going on Andy Cooney's Cruise of the Irish Stars 2013 February 2 on the MSC Poesia. I'll be able to answer all your questions when I get back. Maybe I'll see you on the cruise???? sailing the ocean

Gertrude Byrne Promotions charters a Ship from HAL yearly in February and goes to the Caribbean. The entire ship is under her direction with all the entertainment through her. She has done this for 25 years and over the last 15 has sold out completely. The next cruise is on the Westerdam.

Thanks for the information. I'll have to check it out.

• 1 month later...

We were on the MSC Poesia last year on an Irish Themed cruise. The one next year is on the MSC Divina, a new ship on Feb 1. There are lots of repeat cruisers with the Andy Cooney group so I guess that you could say, people were sastisfied.f anyone wants more information, let me know. Gloria

• 6 months later...