How much is too much for an inside?

I know this varies per person, but I dearly need some feedback.

Im planning a cruise for the 23rd of aug through the 2nd of Sept. I was looking at doing the Oasis, since I have been on the Allure and loved it. But right now, prices for an smaller interior cabin are 999.99! I paid 1,300 for a JS on the Allure so 1,000 for an inside just sounds crazy to me. But I really want to do this particular cruise because I want to see the Oasis shows, and there is a 2 day cruise on the Oasis after the 7 day that I could take without using any of our work vacation days.

But I just don't know if I would be insane to pay 1,000 for an small inside room on the Oasis!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For 7 day cruise, I'm thinking $600-700 for a standard inside stateroom (be happier w/ $500), a little more for a virtual or promenade inside. About $800-1000 for a balcony and $1200-$1500 for JS. If you get $1,200 for a JS, that's a VERY good rate! But it also depends on your itinerary. Alaska is always higher than Caribbean.

Personally, the largest we've been on is the Independence.

Some may say there's more to offer on the Allure, but there's also more extra fee restaurants too.

Right now, they're offering all these so called promotions, but the base prices have increased. Since all these "wonderful" promotions have started, I haven't received one email from my price drop site!

Edited by knittinggirl

Supply and demand... If enough people buy at that price, they may go up further. If they don't sell at that price, look for it to be reduced. Only you can decide if the price you pay is worth it. For us, they could charge $10 for an inside cabin and we would not be interested. After our first balcony cabin, we will not take any room that does not have a balcony.

I'm waiting until the "kids sail free" promotion is over at the end of the month. The prices on my upcoming trips jumped like crazy when this started. I'm thinking they will jump back down once it's over. Fingers crossed.

As someone else said, it's really a personal decision as to what one would pay for any given cabin. I bet when you went on the Allure with the lower price it was off season? Summer sailing on the Oasis will command a premium. I bet if you go just 1 or 2 weeks later you'll see the price will drop. Also it depends on the ship. I would pay $1000 for an inside on the Quantum, but not for the Majesty. The newer ships command higher prices. I would probably pay it and enjoy a B2B with the 2 day that follows. It's your money, do with it what makes you happy. :)

I just checked the June 8 price out of Galveston on the Navigator and the price for an interior cabin is 1222. That seems crazy high but maybe the demand for summer cruising has gone up to the degree that they are able to book cabins at these higher prices.

That's a little steep in my opinion but Oasis and Allure generally run higher than the rest of the fleet. If you really want to go on the Oasis, I'd say go for it. I'm on the two-day sailing you'tr referring to. Going on only cause it's labor day weekend. the timing was perfect and I love the Oasis. I paid a premium for it though.

For us $999 is high but, because my husband has to have basically complete darkness to sleep, an inside is all we ever book and we'd pay it if we wanted to go on that boat or itinerary. We paid $950pp for an inside on Oasis last summer but we got an inside on Allure (8/31-9/7, 2014 labor day week) for a little over $700 so I'm happy with that. I think it all depends on what you really want, no one can decide value for you. I have had people comment to me that only cheap people who can't afford to cruise the "right way" would book an inside or there are those that wouldn't take a free cruise from Royal or anyone else if they had to go in an inside room so you have to decide how high is too high! Good luck :)

For us $999 is high but, because my husband has to have basically complete darkness to sleep, an inside is all we ever book and we'd pay it if we wanted to go on that boat or itinerary. We paid $950pp for an inside on Oasis last summer but we got an inside on Allure (8/31-9/7, 2014 labor day week) for a little over $700 so I'm happy with that. I think it all depends on what you really want, no one can decide value for you. I have had people comment to me that only cheap people who can't afford to cruise the "right way" would book an inside or there are those that wouldn't take a free cruise from Royal or anyone else if they had to go in an inside room so you have to decide how high is too high! Good luck :)

Those people are idiots. I'd take an inside over no cruise at all any day. What's right for you may not be right for them. Hawaii looked the same to me from my inside cabin as it did to those in the suites. :) I wouldn't have been able to cruise to Hawaii for 11 days in anything other than an inside and I'll cherish those memories forever.

It is over Labor Day so that might be driving up the price.

Last year prices for the Labor Day cruise on Oasis for inside ranged from 689-899 and the Allure 679- 949, lower prices coming after final payment I believe.

Edited by molly361

Those people are idiots. I'd take an inside over no cruise at all any day. What's right for you may not be right for them. Hawaii looked the same to me from my inside cabin as it did to those in the suites. :) I wouldn't have been able to cruise to Hawaii for 11 days in anything other than an inside and I'll cherish those memories forever.

Absolutely! ;)

Those people are just snobs. I have sailed from inside to suites. I just found my 3 year old son will sleep longer in an inside cabin. Getting that 30 min to an hour more of sleep is worth more than gold to me. I would pay for that kind of sleep, so why pay more and get an hour less sleep cuz now we have a balcony and outside light.

I am sorry, I was wrong about our cruise on Allure this Labor day, I said over $700 for an inside cabin but I looked at the reservation and we are paying $678pp (before prepaid grats and trip insurance). Not a huge difference from what I said but different nevertheless...

Those people are just snobs. I have sailed from inside to suites. I just found my 3 year old son will sleep longer in an inside cabin. Getting that 30 min to an hour more of sleep is worth more than gold to me. I would pay for that kind of sleep, so why pay more and get an hour less sleep cuz now we have a balcony and outside light.

My husband is like your three year old :D He has been a police officer for over 26 years and pulled duty on shift work for many of those years so he is just set in his ways now! I don't really care either way as I just want to cruise!

I know this varies per person, but I dearly need some feedback.

Im planning a cruise for the 23rd of aug through the 2nd of Sept. I was looking at doing the Oasis, since I have been on the Allure and loved it. But right now, prices for an smaller interior cabin are 999.99! I paid 1,300 for a JS on the Allure so 1,000 for an inside just sounds crazy to me. But I really want to do this particular cruise because I want to see the Oasis shows, and there is a 2 day cruise on the Oasis after the 7 day that I could take without using any of our work vacation days.

But I just don't know if I would be insane to pay 1,000 for an small inside room on the Oasis!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a solo cruiser I would think that is a bargain!

I know people that absolutely refuse to cruise unless they had a balcony. Me personally, I'm not in my cabin enough to justify spending more $$$ on a balcony .

I know people that absolutely refuse to cruise unless they had a balcony. Me personally, I'm not in my cabin enough to justify spending more $$$ on a balcony .

I'm one of those people, but it's not because of snobbery. For me it's a mental health issue. I need that private outdoor area or I would go bonkers. Not comfortable in small enclosed spaces or crowded areas.

I'm one of those people, but it's not because of snobbery. For me it's a mental health issue. I need that private outdoor area or I would go bonkers. Not comfortable in small enclosed spaces or crowded areas.

I completely understand this reasoning. I suppose my issue is with those are nasty about it as though anyone in an inside cabin should be locked below decks in case they might rub up against someone and get their "inside cabiness" on them :rolleyes: