1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

I've stayed twice in 1A's on Carnival. You realize that there is just one single bed....and a pull down berth from the wall. Not much room for snuggling...if that's an objective.

Yes, they are roomy enough for two people. My first 1A was on Paradise...it was basically a square room, lots of walking around space. Nice sized bathroom...no problems at all.

My second was on Glory, and I was able to book one of the 1A's with portholes...that was nice.....you could watch the weather, the ocean.....and not pay the price of an OV. The cabin was more the long, narrow type...still, lots of room for two people. In fact, some of my tablemates came to have a look at it, and they were impressed. They also were in 1A's, but without the portholes.

I do have pictures of the Glory cabin....but not on a public site...just in my pictures. If you want to give your email...I'll gladly send them to you.

I've stayed twice in 1A's on Carnival. You realize that there is just one single bed....and a pull down berth from the wall. Not much room for snuggling...if that's an objective.

Yes, they are roomy enough for two people. My first 1A was on Paradise...it was basically a square room, lots of walking around space. Nice sized bathroom...no problems at all.

My second was on Glory, and I was able to book one of the 1A's with portholes...that was nice.....you could watch the weather, the ocean.....and not pay the price of an OV. The cabin was more the long, narrow type...still, lots of room for two people. In fact, some of my tablemates came to have a look at it, and they were impressed. They also were in 1A's, but without the portholes.

I do have pictures of the Glory cabin....but not on a public site...just in my pictures. If you want to give your email...I'll gladly send them to you.

That would be great! I thinking a 1A because I may end up going by myself. I don't want to book a bigger cabin because I don't want to be stuck with the expense if my friend decides not to go. I don't wait - if I want to go, I book...it's up to them to book if they want to go! My e-mail address is VnessaTX@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

Did you pbook a specific iA cabin or a 1A guarantee. I booked a 1A guarantee for an upcoming Valor cruise and was very fortunate to be bumped to a 6B.

That being said, i have stayed in a 1A on both the Paradise and Inspiration, and found them quite comfortable for one - and they would certainly be manageable for two. Cheers

Nice to be bumped to a 6A.

If I want a 1A with portholes and there is one available, then I book that particular one. If no portholes available...then gty would be the smart move...then you could be lucky enough for a nice upgrade.

My friends on Glory who booked 1A gty's were bumped up to an inside double.....no portholes.

The 1A I had on Paradise was great...a nice square room...lots of room to move to get dressed, come in and out...etc. My location was near the aft....can't remember te deck...I think 4...but not sure.

Is that where your's was.....RD64? I do remember everynight about 8 or so...the engines revving up....what a noise that was!

On both the Paradise and the Inspiration I was assigned a cabin on the Upper deck - U171 - both times and that was a guarantee.

If I were given the option of a category 1 with portholes at the time of booking - I much prefer the natural light as opposed to a larger - yet inside cabin. Personally, I found the cabin well designed and that there was more than enough space for me and my belongings.

I find this cabin to be much better than the one I had this past winter on the MSC Opera. On this ship - it seemed that the bed took up the whole cabin with no room to move around.

Cheers

I had a 1A on the Miracle this past April. I had a actual bed, not a pull off. My room attendent merged my beds together to make one bed,it was about the size of a queen bed.

The room was a great size for one person. There was plenty of storage and I never used all the space.

The bathroom was a good size also. They have a basket of goodies in the bathroom. There's also a string to place wet items in the shower.

If you want to view your account, or view outside, turn on your tv.

I brought a clock and a small nightlight for my room.

The 1a is a great value for the solo travler and I would book it again

I think they're great too. I wish more ships had single cabins. I think a few do...but not too many. I guess they make too much money charging the 200%...and we still book them, so why not.

I liked the portholes too.....just the fact that it's nice to look out and see the weather, if nothing else.

My single cabins had real beds. The pull out was up above...but wasn't required.

There are a few things that I don't enjoy about Carnival...but the 1A's are the best about it!

They are a great value.

When cruising "solo" I always book a 1A gty.

A couple times I ended up with a nice upgrade, and a couple other times I got the 1A.

I've actually had 2 different types of 1A cabins. 1 has 2 twin beds side by side that can be pushed together to be 1 king size, and the other has bunk beds.

When cruising solo, I like to use the other bed to lay out everything I will need for the next day (especially when going ashore). That way I don't feel so rushed getting ready in the morning.

In my opinion, the 1A cabins are a very nice size for 1 person, and think there's plenty of room for a 2nd person.

I'll agree with Ladysail2 that if you can snag one with a porthole, it's nice to be able to see out without having to pay for the OV.

Had a 1A right up in the point of the triumph a couple years ago. Now that was an interesting arrangement! The cabin was "triangle shaped", had 1 twin bed & a sleeper sofa. Fortunately I had the twin bed:-), but all night long I could hear the bow of the ship cutting through the waves while in route to our next destination. Have to admit though, the sound of being being that close to the water WAS relaxing:-) (almost like one of those sleep machines)

In my opinion, It's always worth the savings to book a 1A. I wish there were more 1As available. They always seem to go so fast.

Enjoy!

Annie

I haven't seen the 1A's with twin beds.....I thought they all had the bunk bed style.....

I wish more ships had similar cabins, for sure. They are a great savings.

Hearing the 'swishing' of the water would be a great sleep inducer....LOL

I've had only one 1A cabin (inside) - never again, because I find I'm more claustrophobic than I thought.:p BUT - it had two beds on the floor and a pull down from the wall.

I now book either 1As with porthole or OV. I TRY for the porthole(s), because it's so nice to have a view without paying more. (Single supplements are bad enough already.):D

This is great information! I am not in my room very much, and looking at the price of the 1A cabins, it looks like such a great deal!!! Thanks all! I will probably end up going that route...it's just a place to lay my head & sleep!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone seen the 2 port hole windows on the Victory. We booked an inside (1A) guarantee and our documents we are in room 1202. Have had an inside no windows before but never on the Riveria. Anyone seen this room or something similar. Counting the days till sailing.

Cruisetmc....according to the deck plans, your cabin has porthole windows. I really liked my cabin on Glory..it was also on Riveria deck, cabin 1211 with two portholes.

I found it nice to be able to look outside and see the weather, blue sky, the odd ship.....and it was nice to have daylight come into the room.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the cabin.

Trying to decide on getting a separate room rather than staying with my sister and aunt in the same room for cruise in the Spring on the Miracle. I really don't want the sofa sleeping. It would have to be a 1A and I see all those rooms are on the bottom deck near the rear with one being right behind the elevators at the front. I remember walking that deck and it was noisy - mechanical like noise. Has anyone had any experience staying in the rear area of the Miracle and is that dance club I see noisy?