Single men, on which ship and when are you going?

Mahalia40

HI all! sailing with Freedom of the seas on Oct 28th and Norwegian sky Nov 5th (2012). 36/F Swedish... need people to have fun with :)

Going with my ex... so I need to escape *lol*

I miss you by 2 cruises on the Freedom I'll be on it the 14th of Oct, I'm a 41 year old single male. :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two single attactive outgoing men early 50's are cruising on the Carnival Breeze December 8th and the Star Princess on May 25th 2013...Any ladies out there cruising on these dates too ?... We'll have a blast.

I'll be getting off the Breeze the day you're getting on, @MrBreeze -- I'm on the Dec 2 sailing. :D (I promise to leave the ship more or less intact for ya... :p )

No specific plans for this trip - taking it day to day and seeing what happens.

I get that. There have been many times when I've been on a cruise and found myself envious of all the others who were there with someone special. Oddly, I more often feel that way when I'm cruising with a group of friends than when I'm completely solo. (I was with a group of about 20 on my last cruise, and two couples in the group got engaged -- I was feeling a lot more lonely then than I've ever felt on any of my solo cruises.)

I've debated singles cruises myself, but due to my particular interests I pretty much avoid the usual dating scene. I've heard singles cruises aren't all that much better for finding someone special than any other cruise to be honest -- they have group activities and room matching, but I can get involved in all of that on my own just as easily. (And have no real interest in a roommate unless they're sharing more than just a room... ;) )

I honestly think the likelihood of my finding someone land side who I can later take on a cruise to be that SO is much higher than my finding someone on the cruise itself, even with a singles cruise. (I actually don't particularly have trouble finding land side connections -- it's finding one who is available and wants to cruise the same time I do which is a lot more difficult...)

Mind you, that doesn't stop me from looking. I'm always going to singles meet & greets on the solo cruises I go on, hanging out in the disco, karaoke, and the piano bar at nights, dining with whatever singles table they put me at in the MDR, connecting with CC groups at their meet & greets and cocktail parties, and doing a lot of the shipboard activities. I may never connect with anyone in the process (although there's always that hope in the background), but at least I make a lot of friends (despite being somewhat introverted...) on my solo cruises that make them a lot more fun.

Which is all I really ask out of a cruise. So what if I'm not there with an SO? I can watch them scurrying around the ship, frantically trying to coordinate their schedules, while I relax and do whatever I want to do when I want to do it. Going solo is a lot more relaxing. Enjoy it.

I don't go solo though, I go with my sister...and that would complicate things if I did happen upon a lovely man I wanted to spend some time with onboard.

I would love to try traveling alone!

Find a solo cruiser guy on here you'd love to possibly meet on a cruise and plan to go on a cruise together but separate rooms. If you hit it off with the guy, you can hang in his room. If not, you've always got your sister to hang with.

I've always traveled solo and my first cruise I hung out quite a bit with a family I met from on here. They were a blast to hang with and showed me the ways of cruising as it was my first cruise.

Loved every part of ur post specially the honesty of your position.

Well said,,,,,,NAILED!!!!

AJ

I get that. There have been many times when I've been on a cruise and found myself envious of all the others who were there with someone special. Oddly, I more often feel that way when I'm cruising with a group of friends than when I'm completely solo. (I was with a group of about 20 on my last cruise, and two couples in the group got engaged -- I was feeling a lot more lonely then than I've ever felt on any of my solo cruises.)

I've debated singles cruises myself, but due to my particular interests I pretty much avoid the usual dating scene. I've heard singles cruises aren't all that much better for finding someone special than any other cruise to be honest -- they have group activities and room matching, but I can get involved in all of that on my own just as easily. (And have no real interest in a roommate unless they're sharing more than just a room... ;) )

I honestly think the likelihood of my finding someone land side who I can later take on a cruise to be that SO is much higher than my finding someone on the cruise itself, even with a singles cruise. (I actually don't particularly have trouble finding land side connections -- it's finding one who is available and wants to cruise the same time I do which is a lot more difficult...)

Mind you, that doesn't stop me from looking. I'm always going to singles meet & greets on the solo cruises I go on, hanging out in the disco, karaoke, and the piano bar at nights, dining with whatever singles table they put me at in the MDR, connecting with CC groups at their meet & greets and cocktail parties, and doing a lot of the shipboard activities. I may never connect with anyone in the process (although there's always that hope in the background), but at least I make a lot of friends (despite being somewhat introverted...) on my solo cruises that make them a lot more fun.

Which is all I really ask out of a cruise. So what if I'm not there with an SO? I can watch them scurrying around the ship, frantically trying to coordinate their schedules, while I relax and do whatever I want to do when I want to do it. Going solo is a lot more relaxing. Enjoy it.

Edited by Ajkcruiser

Great advice!!!

AJ

Find a solo cruiser guy on here you'd love to possibly meet on a cruise and plan to go on a cruise together but separate rooms. If you hit it off with the guy, you can hang in his room. If not, you've always got your sister to hang with.

I've always traveled solo and my first cruise I hung out quite a bit with a family I met from on here. They were a blast to hang with and showed me the ways of cruising as it was my first cruise.

Due to life circumstances, this will be my first solo cruise. From what I have read, there seems to be a distinct difference between a singles or solo cruise. I can't really say it will be all that solo due to organizing and bringing along 23+ family and friends, but I couldn't think of a better place to have a fun time with everybody due to the variations in ages, activity levels, and things they like to do. So why not a cruise? I will personally try some of the single events that are done by RCCL and get a good feel as to weather or not the solo cruising thing is for me. Wish me luck.:cool:

WOW you must be from the New Jersey area. I was raised in Cape May.

I have been traveling as a single cruiser for a few years. I don't worry about how many singles are on board. Were the ship is going is more important.

I meet a single man 2 yrs ago and we cruise together but not as a couple just as friends. Different cabins. He lives in Ohio and right now I am in Florida. It is great when you want to cruise. I came here in Aug. 2009 and have been on 7 cruises and will be on Princess Nov 25th out of Fort Lauderdale and am looking at 2 cruises for 2013.

Cruising solo isn't to bad. Your cruise isn't my type cause you spend to much time at sea. I like less time at sea and more time sight seeing. We are going to St Thomas and do the underwater scooters which looks like a lot of fun. I want to take a cruise to Belize to go zip lineing. Hope you have fun in March.

I don't go solo though, I go with my sister...and that would complicate things if I did happen upon a lovely man I wanted to spend some time with onboard.

I would love to try traveling alone!

Hey trying to do a first single/solo cruise myself. You hear so many freaking opinions of which cruise line is the best that now I might just find an inner tube and a roadside ditch. I've been on Carnival and NCL with friends and found Carnival to have more of an adult atmosphere. If you decide which line let me know what made you decide.

Chance

Yes you should go solo on a short cruise to see how you like it. A yr ago met a couple from Wales and we have kept in touch ever since. We send gifts once in a while.

We are going on Ruby Princess Nov. 25(31 Days) going to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Truks and Princess Cay. Have never been to any of them.

When we go on Norweigan Sky it is so Frank can go to Freeport as he has never been. I love it. Also when you get off the ship you can rent motor schooters for the day. I also love Bermuda.

Really solo traveling isn't that bad. You can come with me and Frank any time. J

I am debating whether to go to Vegas in late March or go on a cruise. I have booked NCL epic in a studio for March 23 but not sure if there will be too many kids for my liking at that time of year. I can always cancel and get my deposit back. I also have a room in Vegas booked for march madness weekend. I am not sure what to do. I am a single 36 year old and have no problem by myself in Vegas but not sure if I would have the same fun on a cruise. The carnival valor out of San Juan has a nice itinerary as well that I'm looking at. Hmmmm.