Capt's Club Tier Changes During Cruise?

I am almost in the same situation. Just 2 days short of making Elite. I've thought about going on a quickie cruise, before my next important one, but they are all out of Florida and so if I add in the cost of airfare, is it really worth it to make Elite? Thanks to a good deal at the time, I ended booking the "Go Best" package on that cruise, so I will already be getting free drinks and free internet.

What some people don't realize is that you get priority tickets to get on the tender going to shore -- but coming back to the ship you wait in the same lines as everyone else -- I've heard people ask "where is the 'elite line' for returning to the ship? and they got upset that there isn't one <smile>

I think sometimes pax get their cruiselines mixed up. At times, not always, there is an elite line on Princess to get back on the tender to return to the ship. So....I kind of understand the mix up! Hard to keep them all straight sometimes.

We were 4 points short of Elite on an earlier cruise and went and spoke with the CC Hostess and she advised that the upgrade is generated at Head Office and she couldn't change it. I explained that I was only after the priority tendering and a wink and a nod we were invited to the priority tendering meeting point for our tendering. We couldn't participate in any of the other perks though. I had heard previously that it was possible to get an upgrade but over time it has probably been abused and a hard line is now taken. We are now legitimately elite so it doesn't matter

It turns out, as luck would have it, that after just one day of an upcoming Celebrity cruise, we will have accumulated enough Captain's Club points to go up to the next tier. That will be a twelve- night cruise. Will the Captain's Club loyalty rep give us a new Sea Pass with the new tier level or must we sail the entire cruise at our present level regardless of accumulated points entitling us to the next tier? Just curious as to how this works.

Good question!! We're on a B2B in August and reach the next tier (Elite) AFTER the first cruise and BEFORE the second one. TA told me to go to customer service and ask for perks on last day of first cruise before second one sails. Any thoughts?

Good question!! We're on a B2B in August and reach the next tier (Elite) AFTER the first cruise and BEFORE the second one. TA told me to go to customer service and ask for perks on last day of first cruise before second one sails. Any thoughts?

Best bet is see the the Captains club hostess while on first cruise. Customer service will just refer you to her as she is the CC rep on board. This is not uncommon and she knows what to do.

The only perk I would see you getting if any at all would be priority tendering( if you are tendering at all) and that would require a bit of grovelling to the CC Host. Anything else is really beyond the control of CC Host. I would however make sure I spoke with the CC Host to ensure that your new status was recognised for the second cruise

Best bet is see the the Captains club hostess while on first cruise. Customer service will just refer you to her as she is the CC rep on board. This is not uncommon and she knows what to do.

Thanks Don.....that's what I will do. I don't see that it will change much since I'm not changing cabins but a discount on internet will be welcome.

Thanks Don.....that's what I will do. I don't see that it will change much since I'm not changing cabins but a discount on internet will be welcome.

The free bag of laundry would be useful too if you have already cruised for a week!