Drinks included in the cruise fare? What companies?

What companies have the all inclusive really so that also "all" the drinks are included? I don´t mean champagne, cognacs etc, mainly beer, wine, sodas etc? It´s quite hard to compare the cruise prices with different cruise lines if I don´t know this? RCCL has it for extra cost. I was there two weeks ago and what I consumed alcohol/beverages were about the same as the cost of what it would have been if I would have taken the alcohol package (I took anyway the fountain soda package). Not a heavy drinker but next time I´ll think I´ll take the package.

What companies have the all inclusive really so that also "all" the drinks are included? I don´t mean champagne, cognacs etc, mainly beer, wine, sodas etc? It´s quite hard to compare the cruise prices with different cruise lines if I don´t know this? RCCL has it for extra cost. I was there two weeks ago and what I consumed alcohol/beverages were about the same as the cost of what it would have been if I would have taken the alcohol package (I took anyway the fountain soda package). Not a heavy drinker but next time I´ll think I´ll take the package.

Paul Gauguin Cruise Line includes drinks.

This intimate ship is unregimented and informal - no tuxes or gowns here. The Connoisseur Club, with its warm woods and leather chairs, is a relaxing spot for pre-dinner cocktails. La Palette is an indoor/outdoor lounge whose deep blues and golden yellows reflect the colors of the sea and sun. At night, the lounge is transformed into a romantic nightclub where couples can dance the night away on the indoor/outdoor dance floor. There's open-seating dining in two restaurants: La Veranda is modern and stylish and offers indoor and outdoor dining, and L'Etoile resembles an art deco Parisian restaurant. Near the pool, Le Grill offers casual, open-air dining, as well as a buffet area. Complimentary wine is included at dinner. A retractable watersports platform brings guests to sea level, where they can try windsurfing, kayaking and water-skiing. Cabins feature marble baths with full-size tub and shower, refrigerator stocked with soft drinks and mineral water, complimentary minibar setup and more. There's also a print-on-demand service of newspapers such as USA Today and The Wall Street Journal for those who want to stay up-to-date with the goings-on at home. A selection of complimentary wines, spirits and champagnes is served throughout the ship.

Silversea is an all-inclusive upscale cruise on a par with those the above poster mentioned; Crystal is now all-inclusive as well, but that's yet another luxury ($$$) line.

Your best bet is to watch Royal Caribbean & Celebrity for promotions offering a free beverage package, then book!

Celebrity has just such a promo ending today, I think.

The trend is towards cruise lines selling drink packages, which means that may be one more perk to look for when booking. I have only seen those two do it so far, but as more lines implement drink package sales on their ships, we can likely expect to see them showing up as freebies in more booking promotions!

Edited by FamilyCruiseDiva

Some people have said that when you take into account everything that the luxury lines include, they are comparable to the mainstream lines. I am not convinced, but have never done the math on it. It just seems to me that my spending on the cruise is much less than the price difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I have in essence, done the math on it- I've done directly comparable transatlantics on three different cruise lines and have a pretty good idea of my total costs on each. The line which I ended up paying the fewest dollars in combined fare and spending, by far, was the least-inclusive line. I don't have my notes in front of me but it was something approaching $2000. (Note that I don't use alcohol, which seems to be a major interest for the OP.)

The ability to provide a coherent explanation on this topic is one of the factors I'd use in choosing a travel agent.

• 3 months later...

Know a family that has only sailed HAL, in a suite for the past 6 years. And it has always been the transatlantic Europe to FLL. This year, right now as a matter of fact they are on Regent, after checking the price including business class flights for the three of them they realized that the $25k that the Regent cruise is costing is quite equivalent to the HAL cruise once they add in the shore excursions and the bar and spa bill, as well as their flights. And they still have $900 in obc to have fun with. They get home next week, and I will find out just how much they liked it more.

We did a Rhine river cruise a few years ago. Beer and wine were free at lunch and dinner. There was champagne available at breakfast (but I don't recall seeing anyone drinking it). An hour before dinner, there was Happy Hour - cocktails were buy one, get second $1. Not quite all drinks included, but most.

• 1 month later...