Freestyle sunbathing on NCL Epic

SAEMike

We were on the Epic during its inaugural season 2 years ago and when I ventured to the Freestyle Deck, it was totally nude, mostly men. I think maybe 1-2 older ladies? I don't recall. I sort of wanted to lay out but was a little nervous. LOL

We are going again on the Epic leaving August 19 and are arriving 2 days before and staying 2 days after in Barcelona. Funny thing, this was supposed to be my 40th birthday cruise but it happens to be 2 years late.

I ‘m hoping there will be other gay cruisers onboard but I haven’t "seen" any on here yet.

The last time on we were on the Epic, we went to a couple of the FOD get together and there were a pretty decent amount of gay guys on board :)

Enjoy your cruise and sunbathing :)~

We were on the Epic during its inaugural season 2 years ago and when I ventured to the Freestyle Deck, it was totally nude, mostly men. I think maybe 1-2 older ladies? I don't recall. I sort of wanted to lay out but was a little nervous. LOL

We are going again on the Epic leaving August 19 and are arriving 2 days before and staying 2 days after in Barcelona. Funny thing, this was supposed to be my 40th birthday cruise but it happens to be 2 years late.

I ‘m hoping there will be other gay cruisers onboard but I haven’t "seen" any on here yet.

The last time on we were on the Epic, we went to a couple of the FOD get together and there were a pretty decent amount of gay guys on board :)

Enjoy your cruise and sunbathing :)~

Any FOD on the Freestyle Deck 2 years ago?:D

I have plans to see all that n Barcelona. I booked us tickets on the Hop On/Hop Off bus that drives around the city, hitting the hot spots. I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Mike Last September I did the Epic from Barcelona, arrived two days ahead we had a blast the HOHO is excellent with earphones that plug into a panel and you choose your language so you can hear the guide describe various sites. It's the best way to see the most in a short time. Sat along the Ramblas and had cocktails and people watched, Sangria in a 1liter or 2 liter glass OMG! Just be aware of your surroundings, with the economic downturn there are alot of pickpockets but if you have some common sense about you you'll be fine. You have to see a flamenco dance performance amazing. As I said we were on the EPIC in September and the freestyle deck was deserted as was the POSH deck as we were in a suite and had access to that area, very private. You can purchase a pass for the week for that area, there is a bar up there as well of loads of sun beds and cabana type beds that are private

Hi Mike Last September I did the Epic from Barcelona, arrived two days ahead we had a blast the HOHO is excellent with earphones that plug into a panel and you choose your language so you can hear the guide describe various sites. It's the best way to see the most in a short time. Sat along the Ramblas and had cocktails and people watched, Sangria in a 1liter or 2 liter glass OMG! Just be aware of your surroundings, with the economic downturn there are alot of pickpockets but if you have some common sense about you you'll be fine. You have to see a flamenco dance performance amazing. As I said we were on the EPIC in September and the freestyle deck was deserted as was the POSH deck as we were in a suite and had access to that area, very private. You can purchase a pass for the week for that area, there is a bar up there as well of loads of sun beds and cabana type beds that are private

Hi Boston RN,

if a week pass for the POSH deck can be purchased and it's private, cabana type beds, bar, etc is it nude friendly?

Yes there were at least 2 guys up there that were FOD.

Hi,

happily there were 2 FOD guys up on freestyle deck in July on the Epic when I was up there with my nude friend(I was nude too). One FOD guy was in trunks though. I was kind of sorry that I had not gone to FOD gatherings, that might have helped the 2 FOD guys to be comfortable with me(and my friend)

Hi,

happily there were 2 FOD guys up on freestyle deck in July on the Epic when I was up there with my nude friend(I was nude too). One FOD guy was in trunks though. I was kind of sorry that I had not gone to FOD gatherings, that might have helped the 2 FOD guys to be comfortable with me(and my friend)

Your saying the other guy put on trunks because he saw you? I figured if you were naked, it wouldnt matter.

Hi Boston RN,

if a week pass for the POSH deck can be purchased and it's private, cabana type beds, bar, etc is it nude friendly?

Absolutely not. It's privat in that you need to either be staying in a suite or purchase a pass but not meant to be another "Freestyle" deck.

Hi Boston RN, we are going to Barcelona this Oct 3rd. Can you tell me anything about the HOHO, weather, gay bars and things to see. We will be in BArcelona for 4 days before our cruise.

Joe

Edited by CrusingJoe

• 3 weeks later...

No, what i meant was that one (cute ) guy sunbathed in the nude while I was there, and his friend came later and stripped down to his trunks, sunbathed and never took them off! I saw them both at a FOD gathering in that glitzy Lounge with a bar and floor show. I was sorry I hadn't visited a FOD meeting/gathering and gotten to know them; maybe running into them on the freestyle deck might have freed up Mr. Trunks only...just a thought.

I sunned nude while on the Freestyle deck on the Epic last November. Unfortunately, I was the only one there, wish others had joined me.

On the TA trip in October so will hope to get on the sundeck then , if warm enough or only to scare away the dowagers!

• 2 weeks later...
So SAEMike didn't even report back after all that? How disappointing!

Sorry men. I guess it HAS been a long time since I have been on here hasn't it? My apologies. Well as it turns out, I DID find the freestyle deck and I WAS able to sunbathe nude with no problems. I'm sure others have probably already reported on it, but the freestyle deck is rather small, with only about 16 lounge chairs up there. But that was more than enough as the most people who were up there whenever I was up there was about 10, all older individuals. Every now and then you would get the random passenger who ventured up there thinking they were going to find a better vantage point to take pictures and not realizing what they were stumbling into. The shocked looks were rather comical as were the repeated glances back over the shoulder as they beat a hasty retreat.

As we were on a mid-October sailing, my only complaint was that there was occasionally a colder breeze blowing over the top of the area than there probably would be on a mid-summer sailing. Other than that, I look forward to doing it again when we take the same cruise in October of 2013.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a Canada sailing on Gem...obviously no use of the Freestyle Deck during the cruise BUT did come across something interesting? humorous? tittlating? about the Freestyle Deck that I hadn't noticed before. On the back back of the Freestyle Daily where it lists all the opening and closing times, it shows the Freestyle Deck being open 24 hours a day:eek:. I am sure on Atlantis cruise this may be the case and the deck well...ahem...used;), but part of me wondered if it serves as a simlar spot on non chartered cruises:rolleyes::confused::D

Just back from a Canada sailing on Gem...obviously no use of the Freestyle Deck during the cruise BUT did come across something interesting? humorous? tittlating? about the Freestyle Deck that I hadn't noticed before. On the back back of the Freestyle Daily where it lists all the opening and closing times, it shows the Freestyle Deck being open 24 hours a day:eek:. I am sure on Atlantis cruise this may be the case and the deck well...ahem...used;), but part of me wondered if it serves as a simlar spot on non chartered cruises:rolleyes::confused::D

Hopefully it will be a little warmer on the TA, at least once we start heading south!

• 3 months later...