Weddings on Carnival Magic

I am getting married on the Magic on April 15, 2012. Last Sunday we did a tour of the ship and we were able to see the room(s) where they do the actual wedding. It is like a conference room in a hotel--very plain. There are simply two white columns with white flower arrangements on them in the front of the room. Vibe is very nice for the reception room as is the piano bar. I would suggest contacting your Carnival wedding planner to arrange a tour. It was very helpful for me to actually get to see where everything is. There were two weddings the day we toured so we were able to get the general idea of the set up.

I am getting married on the Magic on April 15, 2012. Last Sunday we did a tour of the ship and we were able to see the room(s) where they do the actual wedding. It is like a conference room in a hotel--very plain. There are simply two white columns with white flower arrangements on them in the front of the room. Vibe is very nice for the reception room as is the piano bar. I would suggest contacting your Carnival wedding planner to arrange a tour. It was very helpful for me to actually get to see where everything is. There were two weddings the day we toured so we were able to get the general idea of the set up.

Wow, I didn't know we could do that. Nice to know, thank you!

Thank you! I got it! I'm guessing the last one is Vibe? Thats where my reception is. When I booked the ship had not had its first voyage so there were no pictures. I hadn't thought to ask now so I greatly appreciate it!

@Magicoflove, please send me all pics and info too! I am having a hard time finding any pics/reviews of Carnival Magic weddings, and I would really appreciate it!!! darylannkturner@gmail.com

Edited by darylannturner

• 4 weeks later...

I am recently engaged and we are seriously considering a wedding on the Magic! My parents live in Houston. I'm glad to know you can take a tour, I might make a trip down there soon and see if I can schedule one while I'm there.

If anyone still has the pictures, I'd love to see them. ERandCGwedding@gmail.com

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
I have booked a wedding on Carnival Magic 5-20-12. We are getting married the day of embarkation in Galveston.

I was wondering if anyone has been married yet on Carnival Magic or if anyone is booked yet? I am a little nervous with it being such a new ship. It will only have been sailing for a year when we get married so I'm not sure if I will be able to read many reviews... If any at all. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have read many of the carnival reviews and have learned a lot. It gives me an idea of what to expect. It also helps me know what I need to do... Thanks in advance for all yor advice!

Hi Bridetobe52012! I am getting married on 5-17-12 we will be on the Magic as well. From everything I have read we should be fine.I did find some reviews and most were good. I booked way back in Sept. Congrats and good luck it will be fine!:D

OMG! Do you have anyone going with you on that cruise from Katy? I live in Katy and I'm trying to find somone I can give money to buy a jacket from the candy store on the ship. My daugher bought one on our last cruise and recently lost it. I figured with you getting married you would have your hands full, but maybe a friend from Katy travelling too??? I've posted a thread about it, but haven't found anyone from Katy just yet.

I am getting married on 5/17/12 in Nassau. Just paid the fee for the marriage license and all the extras to Royal Oceans Events lol eeek only a arm and a leg lol but hey is my day. I have not seen the ship yet but it does not really matter, we are going to be married on Orange Hill Beach and having dinner at the steak house that night. We are only having 4 guests attending the wedding but we have a huge reception planned for 6/9 back home. I finally got to find out the time we will be married (11 am). They did not tell me until a few days ago lol that drove me nuts not knowing lol. We are also paying 55$ extra for a separate taxi for me to ride in alone to the wedding site so I do not see my hubby to be! We did not want to drive the 30 min to the location in the same car, we just thought it would take away the magic.:rolleyes: anyhow just wanted to say hello. If anyone has been married already on the magic I would love to hear all about it. And I will post all about how mine went after I get back!!! Good luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...

First thing I want to warn every one about it “SHIP TIME” I was told the Magic is the only ship that has this but I don’t know for sure because this was our first cruise. The ship stays on the time of Galveaton TX. So when they say you will arrive at your port at 8 am, that is the ships time not the islands time. So no one told us about this and thinking I had to be off the ship at 10am ( it is a 45 min drive to orange hill beach) for my wedding at 11am it turned out I had to be ready to be off at 9 ship time, and the hair salon didn’t open until 8am. The salon manager worked it out with one of the stylist to come in early at 7 so I had time to put my dress on after. The day of the wedding she did not show up we had to run around trying to find someone to help us. The stylist finally showed up 45min late. Well it rained on my wedding day, and actually both days we were in the Bahamas. That was no one’s fault and I understand it is the luck of the draw. The problem was our “wedding hostess” was a joke. She had no idea what was going on. The day before the wedding I asked her what would happen if it rained and her response was "im sure they have a plan" and that was it. I thought I was her job to know what the plan was. Well the next day it rained, no one came to talk to me about another option because it was raining and we were going to be married on the beach. I was hopping my family or soon to be husband had stuff figured out while I was getting ready but 5 min before we were supposed to leave I head down and everyone is just standing around and the “wedding hostess” had handed every one rain ponchos and was getting ready to ship them off to who know what. That’s when I stepped in, I asked her what the plan was and she was just going to ship us off to the location, which is just a beach, no hotel no cover, nothing. I told her I needed to know what they had planned and that we were not going to get married drenched in the rain wearing ponchos and I was not leaving until she figured out what they had planned for us on the beach. I just did not want to ship shipped off not knowing what was going on. Long story not as long she had no idea, I was pissed because I went through Carnival so they would take care of any problems, now I wish I just went through an outside vendor for the beach wedding, would have saved me lots of money and problems. Finally I got a manager to come over to try to help, It was a mess Carnival did not communicate with the local vendor they use and at the end I was told we had to married on the ship because the vendor did not have anything good enough to protect us from the rain. (Which after being home and talking with the vendor found out that was not the truth and they had dealt with rain and had a cover big enough for us) So everyone is dressed up running around the ship looking for a place to hold the wedding. My mom went with one lady and I went with another. We were rushed because the officiant had been waiting the whole time for us. I personally did not want to get married in a room on the ship, I do not understand what brides see in this, the rooms are dark with no windows and not that nice. I could find a room to get married in back home that are 100 times nicer. I was so upset. I wanted to be married on the beach that is why we went on the cruise. Any how so we ended up doing it in the ocean plaza because it was the only place that had windows. It was not private and other cruise guests were walking around during the ceremony but at this point I did not care. They put up a green screen to hide the bands equipment and band it looked as nice as they could in 10 min. I hid in the red frog pub and walked out from there. It was all a joke, I am not mad about the rain, I am mad that Carnival did not have things together, they should have been planning for rain the night before for this and not making me run around the ship in my wedding dress looking for a place to do it. If I was running it I would have talked to the bride the night before, walked around and looked at ship options then contacted the local vendor & found out for sure what they had planned, Our wedding hostess had no idea what they had there. That is her job to know this stuff. It did stop raining for 30 mins and we went to the doc and took some pictures, witch I'm grateful for because our ceremony pictures were awful. I know that my experience was probably not common but I had heard others bad comments from past brides and I just told myself “oh they must have been bridezilla or it was just a onetime thing” until it happened to relax roll with the punches me, and my wedding day became a nightmare, I still try to keep a good attitude about it and the most important thing is we are married but after spending so much time and soooo much money for our day to be ruined is still heartbreaking. I wish I did not do a cruise wedding and I would never recommend it. I do hope all of you have a better experience, but my advice is prepare for the worst and hope for the best it is a risk when you put people you never have seen or talked to in charge of holding for wedding together. Carnival really could care less that my wedding was ruined at their hands. We spent sooo much money, for the price of all of our guest to cruise with us and the wedding its self we would have had a $10,000 + wedding at home. We will never cruise with Carnival again and just hope the wedding hostess is fired so this will never happened to anyone again.Just wanted to shire our experience:(

Omg that is just so horrible. I'm so extremely sorry that your wedding day was

Not near your expectations. It does suck that Carnival does typically take the attitude

Of oh well to these sorts of things.

If you have any documentation that you should have received

something better and didn't, I highly recommend getting with

Carnival's corporate office to try and get some type of refund.

It will be hard and you'd probably have to maybe get a lawyer

but it's possible. You don't hear much of people gloating if they

Have won such cases as Carnival would probably require a nda as part

of the settlement.

That being said, and for future brides reading this thread

I would like to say that every bad wedding experience I've read usually

stems from brides expecting the Carnival wedding planner to be in the know

And be fully responsible to ensure that there wedding is perfect.

With all the money invested in such an event it is seriously not in your

Best interest to allow a single person the responsibility of being completely in charge

Personally, I'm getting a wedding planner, to ensure that my Carnival planner

Does everything she says and to try and get things done that may not even be standard.

A wedding planner would have made sure a contingency plan was in place in the event

of rain.

However, the Carnival lady, is just a crew member who job is to execute a wedding on the day. She is not even involved with the actually planning.

When we took the tour of the magic we spoke in depth with the coordinator.

She pointed out that she gets a folder from each bride from the Carnival wedding

department. The file has everything all planned out. Her job is to execute the plan.

Pink your post really breaks my heart and I'm so sorry that things didn't go well.

@ pinkpumkin, I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. I can only imagine how awful it was for you to be walking around the ship trying to find a place for your wedding (and in your gown, no less)!

@ WDrake, you make an excellent point that the on board coordinator gets a folder with instructions and implements them. I've been planning for only 6months and have more than a folder of notes.

I guess what we can all learn from Pink's exp. is to make sure someone has your vision and can coordinate with the coordinator to ensure it goes along smoothly.