Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I too track online and will have to get used to paper tracking for the trip. Though on the other hand last year I bought internet access to keep my email from getting out of hand. I might bring my laptop along this time and continue to track online after all. Would be worth the $$ to do it. I HAVE TO track. It's so easy to go over otherwise.

It's suprising how much we "forget" when we don't write it down:o

snip -

I am sailing on Celebrity Equinox on 10/24 10 nights Greek Islands. Any one on this board on the same ship by chance? It would be great to have a WW buddy to touch base with while on board.

I cruised among the Greek Islands back in '72 when I was 17. That was my first experience with cruising. You'll love it! The islands are so beautiful and the water is gorgeous. Wish I was on the cruise with you.

I'd have to really study the Simply Filling plan. On the one hand it might be easier but I'd have to switch gears from regular points tracking. Hmm something to think about...

Edited by bunchesofun

I have my regular WW meeting tomorrow. As that is the day I begin a new week, I am going to start my Simply Filling plan when I get up. That way I will have almost 2 weeks of tracking that way before we leave for Spain and I will have some idea of how it is working out for me. If it leaves too much to be desired I will switch gears. However, if I only eat power foods and stop eating when I feel satisfied and track the extra allowance, it should do the job. I will be tracking and sticking to good for me foods. That way the entire cruise eating experience won't seem so cumbersome, but I still will feel that I am following the rules that have helped me to lose these excess pounds.

Nikki

Congratulations! I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I was doing good then my 17 yo son took his sister and I out to supper at a Chinese place. I was fairly careful, using the WW Chinese cheat sheet online. I had broccoli and beef, chicken on a stick, 2 egg rolls and green beans, however I realized later the green beans had oil on them. :( That plus (probably) all the MSG and I'm up about 2 pounds when I weigh in the morning. Sucks 'cause I was doing so well too. You wouldn't think one meal could do that to you. I didn't have excessive amounts either. That was the only thing about the WW cheat sheet is that it didn't give quantities of food, just said a "portion" was so many points. Oh well, what is, is and I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Edited by bunchesofun

Home from weigh-in, and I had lost 2.4 pounds! :D

Great loss! I had my WI this morning and gained a pound. Not ideal, but I tried on a pair of pants and need to redo the waistband as they are almost falling off. So this means my body is shifting and I am probably gaining muscle.

This is my day to start the simply filling plan and I will let you know how that goes. I am hoping that I can work out any kinks before we begin our holiday in 2 weeks.

Nikki

Great loss! I had my WI this morning and gained a pound. Not ideal, but I tried on a pair of pants and need to redo the waistband as they are almost falling off. So this means my body is shifting and I am probably gaining muscle.

This is my day to start the simply filling plan and I will let you know how that goes. I am hoping that I can work out any kinks before we begin our holiday in 2 weeks.

Nikki

Good luck with the sf plan Nikki! If you need any extra AP's....I could use a kick in the butt:o.

Cherie

Edited by Nalagh

Congratulations! I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I was doing good then my 17 yo son took his sister and I out to supper at a Chinese place. I was fairly careful, using the WW Chinese cheat sheet online. I had broccoli and beef, chicken on a stick, 2 egg rolls and green beans, however I realized later the green beans had oil on them. :( That plus (probably) all the MSG and I'm up about 2 pounds when I weigh in the morning. Sucks 'cause I was doing so well too. You wouldn't think one meal could do that to you. I didn't have excessive amounts either. That was the only thing about the WW cheat sheet is that it didn't give quantities of food, just said a "portion" was so many points. Oh well, what is, is and I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Thanks....and, if it was an Asian meal, it was probably water weight you gained!! I'll bet you see a loss next week:)

Nikki

Thank you....and I'm anxious to see how the Simply Filling plan works. I don't trust myself to do it now, but would love to use it for vacation/parties/etc.

I just came back from my "eat across Baltimore" trip. Little Italy and seafood. I guess I can always go back on WW tomorrow morning. I will drink nothing but water tonight and back OP tomorrow! There is always hope! I am still 30 pounds less than my highest weight but 20 pounds away from goal. Trip to Las Vegas in November for work. I have a hard time when I travel.

WI this morning. Down the 1.2 lbs. I gained last week, plus an an additional 0.4 lbs. I still want to get down to 140, but I don't think that's going to happen by the cruise, which is now just two weeks away (that we leave for NOLA). :D

If I can get down below 145 by that Saturday morning, I'll be satisfied, but I still plan to work towards 140 after we get back, before the holidays start, and try to maintain as best I can during the holidays.

WI this morning. Down the 1.2 lbs. I gained last week, plus an an additional 0.4 lbs. I still want to get down to 140, but I don't think that's going to happen by the cruise, which is now just two weeks away (that we leave for NOLA). :D

If I can get down below 145 by that Saturday morning, I'll be satisfied, but I still plan to work towards 140 after we get back, before the holidays start, and try to maintain as best I can during the holidays.

Good loss and very achievable goals. I am also working towards 140 and know that I can reach and more importantly, maintain that. There have been some glitches along the way, but I am able to get back on track again. I think that is the way it will be for the rest of my life, but that is not any sacrifice, as I know I look and feel better with the loss.

This is not an official loss, as WI is on Wednesday, but this morning I was down 1.4 pounds using the Simply Filling plan. And I have been tracking extras and am only up to 12 points on that and 8 of those have been for white wine spritzers. This for me, is going to be the easiest way to track my daily intake while cruising. As long as the scale moves in the right direction.

Nikki

Went to weigh in this morning. I gained another .2 pounds. The ONLY thing I did wrong this week was have popcorn at the movies last Saturday. I came in 2 points over for the week. What is going on? That shouldn't have caused a gain that long ago. I am starting to get frustrated which is not good. Well, hopefully if I stick with it I will have a big loss next weigh in.

Went to weigh in this morning. I gained another .2 pounds. The ONLY thing I did wrong this week was have popcorn at the movies last Saturday. I came in 2 points over for the week. What is going on? That shouldn't have caused a gain that long ago. I am starting to get frustrated which is not good. Well, hopefully if I stick with it I will have a big loss next weigh in.

Please, please stick with it. Those weeks of frustration can belooked upon as a gentle reminder of where we once were. AND we are NOT there anymore.

I did my Simply Filling this week and learned to eat until I am over full or else I start feeling hungry and will eat other not so good foods. Overall loss of 1.1 pounds but I had hoped for more. Perhaps it was the wine that I did not track on Saturday and Tuesday. Oh yes, and the Monday afternoon tapas party. I will miss the next 4 WIs as we leave for Spain tomorrow. I will be sure to report back the end of November and let you know how I did.

Nikki

Congratulations on 1.1. At least it was in the right direction! Have a good time in Spain and stick with it as best you can and we'll see you when you get back. We leave the house on the 29th Of November for a Dec 2nd cruise so hopefully you will be back before then so you can fill us in. Bon Voyage!

I know what you mean about the clothes. Mine are heavier too. Had weigh in yesterday and I lost 1.4 pounds. I was surprised but pleased. We had gone out to supper twice this week. Once to celebrate my boy turning 18. Where did the time go??? We had cake in the house but I only had 1 1/2 pieces total. My weight loss has slowed to 1 pound a week average. I so wish I could lose more each week. I can't help but do the math that it is going to take me over two years to lose what I need to lose to be at goal. I know I shouldn't dwell on that but sometimes the numbers just jump out at me to depress me.

I had previously lost 88 pounds which took me three years. Then I lost the thread and gained back 60 but maintained for two years. Now I'm back on track and losing again. So glad I didn't gain it ALL back though. So I know it takes time, it's just that I've spent my entire life since I was 6 being on diets. Okay, okay, I know this is not a "diet", this is a way of life. But still. You're right, some weeks are better than others but it will all even out in the end.

Hello everyone! I started weight watchers the end of this March. I joined online for three months and continued the program off and on since. I have only lost 21 pounds since then but I am not watching my points like I should. I am looking to change that. My husband joined me in April and has lost 48 pounds so far. He is very good about his points but he is using my plan which is 26 points, much to low for a man I think. I need to lose about 40 more pounds to get to goal. I cruise again March 2013 and am hoping to lose at least 15 pounds by then. I wish everyone here the best of luck and good health!:D. Cindy

Any amount off is a positive thing no matter how long it takes. I weighed in this morning and lost another 1.4 pounds making 21.6 (I think) since June. I've only lost 1 pound the past 5 weeks because I was up and down. Hopefully that's over now. I leave Dec 2nd and wanted to lose another 4 but don't think I'll make it. Oh well. It's just a number. I'm hoping to keep any gain to a pound or two. That I can deal with. Last cruise I was somewhat careful and gained 2 pounds. I took my scale with me on the cruise to keep me grounded.

Hello WW friends. Have not been on the thread for a few weeks but have somehow managed to only gain one pound during my 2 week trip to Fla. We did a lot of eating out but I tried to select healthy items and do a lot of swimming, walking and such.

Just wanted to share a neat tip for the upcoming Holiday season.

Take a tub of fat-free Cool Whip and gently whisk in one tube of any flavor Crystal Lite drink mix. This will flavor and color the Cool Whip and is a nice change when needing a colorful topping for angel-food cake, angel food cupcakes or just plain fruit or such.

Have a great weekend. :)

Cari in Indy