SuperBowl and formal night?

Davey-D-99

Hi there.... Sailing on Breeze Feb 1st 8 nights.

I know that on normal 8 nighters... the elegant night are on Sunday and Thursday. Does anybody if they change the night from Sunday for the SuperBowl? Can't miss the big game but would also hate to miss an elegant night? Do they do anything special for SuperBowl? Where can we watch?

Thanks

they may move formal night, they may not. I've been on Super Bowl cruises about 6 times and its hit and miss. They show the game all over the ship in many lounges and outside on the jumbo tron. I watched the Super Bowl outside in my tux, it was fun. dinner aligned to half time so straight to the dining room for an appetizer and a lobster tail then back to the game.

This was in the good old days when the captains cocktail party meant free drinks...it was a good pre game. almost a little too good...

so enough of my story...since its an 8 day cruise, I imagine they will move it

they may move formal night, they may not. I've been on Super Bowl cruises about 6 times and its hit and miss. They show the game all over the ship in many lounges and outside on the jumbo tron. I watched the Super Bowl outside in my tux, it was fun. dinner aligned to half time so straight to the dining room for an appetizer and a lobster tail then back to the game.

This was in the good old days when the captains cocktail party meant free drinks...it was a good pre game. almost a little too good...

so enough of my story...since its an 8 day cruise, I imagine they will move it

Capt's party was a very nice thing and made cruising special. Sorry to see it go.

Hi there.... Sailing on Breeze Feb 1st 8 nights.

I know that on normal 8 nighters... the elegant night are on Sunday and Thursday. Does anybody if they change the night from Sunday for the SuperBowl? Can't miss the big game but would also hate to miss an elegant night? Do they do anything special for SuperBowl? Where can we watch?

Thanks

My experience is that they did not change formal night, it was held the same night as the Super Bowl, we chose not to dress and stayed casual on deck to watch on the big screen.

If you do ATD, you can do elegant night as soon as the dining rooms open and still be done early enough to catch most of the 2nd quarter and the half time show. It'll be closer to 6:45 before any player actually touches the football. Probably a similar scenario if you have early seating. Late seating would require missing from 2nd quarter on. However, if more fellow cruisers choose to watch the game than eat in the MDR, you might get faster service.

And remember, it's "elegant" not "formal" so the relaxed dress code would be khaki's and polo for the gents and a simple black dress for the missuses so it's not like you're squeezed into the tux and gown and have to go change before hitting the Lido.

My experience with Superbowl on elegant night is that they did change elegant night to another night. I have heard that sometimes they don't, and it is up to the individual cruise director. I would think Carnival would prefer to change. I bet they sell more pictures to people in elegant clothes than in team colors. ;)

My experience with Superbowl on elegant night is that they did change elegant night to another night. I have heard that sometimes they don't, and it is up to the individual cruise director. I would think Carnival would prefer to change. I bet they sell more pictures to people in elegant clothes than in team colors. ;)

Totally agree with you

Usually have it shown in a number of areas including main lounge and lido. Not going to give up a chance of selling lots of booze.

Elegant night will be changed for sure.

Everybody here speculating I suggest you write to John Heald on his facebook page for the correct info.

That's my understanding as well. We have often cruised during the Super Bowl - and it's always been changed.*

*Disclaimer: your experience may vary! ;) :D

Thanks for all the answers... Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I really hope they move it...

Even though my Steelers aren't there... I never miss watching the big game.

Broncos vs Seahawks should be good.

Sorry San Fran and New England fans.