C T C cruiselines

Howdy wozstock!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your inquiry. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software on avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the What Ever Happened To........??? Forum where it will be more on topic. The new location for your thread is described as follows:

What Ever Happened To........??? A place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories.

Also, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the What Ever Happened To........??? Forum (or any other Cruise Critic forum) with your key word or words to help narrow down the threads you will want to research for even more information.

I hope you don't mind a friendly 05.gif suggestion, but you might want to read FAQ and Community Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in the different forums. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope all this information will be satisfactory! If you have any other questions about using the Cruise Critic software, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum to see if your inquiry topic has already been asked and answered there before. And it probably has, many, many times! 05.gif If not, please feel free to post your new inquiry there and we will be happy to try to help you with a solution.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Welcome aboard!

CTC, as a company, disappeared after their charter of SOUTHERN CROSS ended in 1997.

The SOUTHERN CROSS went to Festival Cruises (also now defunct) as FLAMENCO and now is with the Spanish cruise line Travelplan as NEW FLAMENCO.

KARELIYA later became OLVIA and is now the gambling ship NEPTUNE out of Hong Kong.

• 4 years later...
hi all im newbie to this can anyone tell me what happened to the southern cross or m v karelia

CTC Cruises Sydney office closed it's doors in May 1996 and on the 8 October 1997 CTC Cruises London office closed it's office in 1 Regent St London.

The Southern Cross became the Flamenco owned by a Greek company and was painted white. The Kareliya also had a name change and various companies. I worked on both these ships and I have many happy memories of them both.

Annette Westwood

• 5 years later...

the soul of CTC Cruise Lines lives on!

Former Manager of CTC Lines, London, formed Cruise & Maritime Voyages in UK - offer sucessfully Cruises from Europe and Australia and Line Voyages Europe - Australia and back - every winter and spring.

Also Transcocean Tours belong to the mother group of CMV

Fleet 2017

Marco Polo ex Alexandr Pushkin

Magellan ex Holiday

Astoria ex Stockholm

Astor ex Astor

new 06/2017 Columbus ex Sitmar FairMajesty

Bon Voyage