Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Clean...excellent!!!

I'm not much of a drinker but food I LOVE!!! lol

We did Paradise Island the last time we were in Cozumel. We were going to go again because we loved it and they've added a pool since we were last there. Then we started hearing about Nachi Cocom and the positive experiences people have had there. So we decided to try something new and so were all booked for it!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

They have a pool with a swim up bar. I think it is nice because there were also no children there. Actually there were only two who you never saw.

Everything about is excellent! When we came back to the ship, we didn't eat dinner.

The cab fare was $21 for the five of us.

Tulum is stunning, I went there when I was on vacation in Mexico, I didn't do it as part of a ships tour, it is the most beautiful of all the Mayan ruins in Mexico...I think it would be well worth the extra travel to get there.

I don't know who your travel agent is, but sometimes they have cheaper and better tours. A private tour is also great as you choose what you want for less and see more.

Another suggestion for Cozumel: book a ship's tour to the Mayan ruins at Tulum. It's a long day (including the ferry to the mainland and a bus ride to the ruins), but I think well worth it if this is the sort of thing you like. Tulum is the only Mayan city built along the water, so the entire setting is stunning. (We don't normally take ship's tours, but this excursion is so long and involves the bus and ferry that I would not take a chance missing the ship by using a private tour operator.)

CruiseFeb08145.jpg

Tulum

CruiseFeb08185.jpg

The beach at Tulum

(photos by turtles06)

Oh wow, this looks great AND there is a beach!

This will give us yet another reason to go back to Cozumel. We've only gone once and loves it. Thanks for the information. I'm saving it!

They have a pool with a swim up bar. I think it is nice because there were also no children there. Actually there were only two who you never saw.

Everything about is excellent! When we came back to the ship, we didn't eat dinner.

The cab fare was $21 for the five of us.

Great!

I booked for us last weeks and we are all set to go. Their are 8 of us, did you happen to see cabs that were mini vans or buses?

We are in Guelph but do lots in Toronto! I have been on Carnival several times and really enjoy their cruises. Taking our 2 year old on the glory but doing RC by ourselves for 4 days! Love to keep hearing about people's experiences!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great!

I booked for us last weeks and we are all set to go. Their are 8 of us, did you happen to see cabs that were mini vans or buses?

Mini vans and they guarantee they get you back to the ship on time. The cab comes with 5 min of calling when you go to return.

You walk the path to taxis when you get off the ship and there is a cab director that will place you. Make sure you tell them 8 and when you go to MnM, ask if anyone else is going as you could fill up the other van too.

Mini vans and they guarantee they get you back to the ship on time. The cab comes with 5 min of calling when you go to return.

You walk the path to taxis when you get off the ship and there is a cab director that will place you. Make sure you tell them 8 and when you go to MnM, ask if anyone else is going as you could fill up the other van too.

Nice!!

Thanks so much.

We are less than 60 days away and I am very excited!!

So much so I booked next year's family and friends cruise this past week.

We are doing Explorer of the Seas out of NJ to Bermuda.

Nice!!

Thanks so much.

We are less than 60 days away and I am very excited!!

So much so I booked next year's family and friends cruise this past week.

We are doing Explorer of the Seas out of NJ to Bermuda.

We were in Bermuda 3 times but in Hamilton & St. George.

I love it.

Mazel Tov!

We now have to sue the state that we are in the have this right trickle down. We are married in NY but Florida does not have that.

We must continue our fight and contribute to HRC, LAMBDA, etc. to win this fight in all states.

Write your congress person now!

Mazel Tov!

We now have to sue the state that we are in the have this right trickle down. We are married in NY but Florida does not have that.

We must continue our fight and contribute to HRC, LAMBDA, etc. to win this fight in all states.

Write your congress person now!

We are married in maine but now live in florida as well.. The fight continues..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We are married in maine but now live in florida as well.. The fight continues..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Where are you!

1535 is our room on Celebrity Silhouette from Ft. Lauderdale to Cetevechia Rome, Italy.

Anyone on this ship?

Dale:cool::);)

So glad I found this thread. My partner and I have never been on a cruise before, but some friends took a cruise to Alaska last year and we decided that's the way we want to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We're booked on the Coral Princess for next July for their Voyage of the Glaciers cruise, and we're very excited! We would also like to try a short Caribbean cruise in Feb. 2014 in order to get out of the Michigan cold, but I'm currently undergoing cancer treatment so we'll have to see what we can afford.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions to ask you more experienced cruising women, but here's one that's been on my mind since we booked: my partner looks fabulous in anything she wears and LOVES to dress up in what I euphemistically call "girl clothes," so formal nights will be like heaven for her. I'm more of a jeans and sweatshirt type, and when I dress up it tends to be more "business dyke." The idea of putting on a cocktail dress fills me with a mixture of amusement and dread. Any suggestions for what is appropriate dress on formal nights? I don't want to stand out by look underdressed but I certainly don't want to feel awkward and uncomfortable. Thanks!

Edited by newcruiserMI

So glad I found this thread. My partner and I have never been on a cruise before, but some friends took a cruise to Alaska last year and we decided that's the way we want to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We're booked on the Coral Princess for next July for their Voyage of the Glaciers cruise, and we're very excited! We would also like to try a short Caribbean cruise in Feb. 2014 in order to get out of the Michigan cold, but I'm currently undergoing cancer treatment so we'll have to see what we can afford.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions to ask you more experienced cruising women, but here's one that's been on my mind since we booked: my partner looks fabulous in anything she wears and LOVES to dress up in what I euphemistically call "girl clothes," so formal nights will be like heaven for her. I'm more of a jeans and sweatshirt type, and when I dress up it tends to be more "business dyke." The idea of putting on a cocktail dress fills me with a mixture of amusement and dread. Any suggestions for what is appropriate dress on formal nights? I don't want to stand out by look underdressed but I certainly don't want to feel awkward and uncomfortable. Thanks!

My gf wears a suit on the first formal night, and a button-down shirt with a tie and slacks on the second formal night.

First and most important -- I am sorry you have cancer and send all good thoughts that the treatment is successful and that you and your partner have many more happy years of cruising together!

Congrats on your 20th anniversary! My partner and I also celebrated our 20th anniversary (15 years ago!) with an Alaska cruise as well as ten days pre-cruise driving around the interior of Alaska, which was truly awesome. I highly recommend some time on land in Alaska for those who can swing it.

As for formal nights: it sounds like I fall more into your end of the dressing spectrum. I haven't worn a skirt or a dress in nearly 20 years on land, and I'm sure not about to do so on a cruise ship! For true formal nights (e.g., on Celebrity), what I wear is dressy black slacks, a nice black top, and a glitzy jacket. Or skip the jacket and wear a dressy top. Very comfortable, and sort of fun to dress up every now and then (though jeans or khakis and a polo shirt would be my attire of choice). You'll see many heterosexual women similarly dressed.

And from reading threads on CC, I think folks on Alaska cruises tend to be a little less formally dressed in any event, but you will also get helpful info if you ask your question on the Princess board, or do a search there. Regardless of sexual orientation, women all over CC are wondering what to wear on formal nights; the guys have it so much easier! (OTOH, you could wear a tux. ;))

My gf wears a suit on the first formal night, and a button-down shirt with a tie and slacks on the second formal night.

People dress however they want today, just not shorts and tank top in the dining room.

As for Formal, hardly anyone wears gowns anymore and you won't catch me in a dress. Black slacks and a dressy shirt that complements your partner is great. You don't have to be a dyke to not want to wear the so called "girls clothes". I hated them since I am 4. Just be comfortable and enjoy.🌹

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I had a feeling I would be safe in black dressy slacks and a nice top. Love the tuxedo idea to a certain degree, but when I mentioned it my Darling Partner looked horrified, so I guess I won't. ;)

Hi,

me and my wife were on our first cruise last year and really enjoyed the formal dinners. They had everything there ...all the way from jeans and poloshirt to formal long gowns and suits and tuxes. Anything goes. I wore a dress (love to dress up when I get a chance to every couple of years ) and my wife wears business suits --- she just looks a lot sexier that way and feels less "costumized".

Sigh -- Alaska sounds wonderful, just a whee bit cold. We're off to our first "family" med cruise in 5 days with our fosterson! Can hardly wait!

Stef

I always wear a suit and tie on formal nights, no issues at all. I wish I had the extra scratch for a tuxedo, but that's not in the budget this season.

I know that Dana's on the sailing after us on Allure of the Seas - anyone else sailing WITH us next month on Aug 18?

I always wear a suit and tie on formal nights, no issues at all. I wish I had the extra scratch for a tuxedo, but that's not in the budget this season.

I know that Dana's on the sailing after us on Allure of the Seas - anyone else sailing WITH us next month on Aug 18?

I can't believe how close we are getting to our Allure sailing.

I'm so READY!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I wore a suit on my first cruise and found that it was very overdressed. So now I just wear a button down men's blouse/shirt with a nice collar, some dress slacks(like men's dress pants), a nice leather sleek belt and some men's dress shoes. Oh and a nice watch. And I'm good to go lol. No tie anymore for me. I love this type of button down because of those two buttons that keep your collar down. Leave the first button unbuttoned just like the pic and you're good to go! pyzytege.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free