What about Couples Cruises

Canuck-Cruisers

• 1 month later...

i haven't been on in awhile but wanted to invite yall to check out NCL Dawn sailing out of new orleans for a 2 day cruise to nowhere on 11/21. we booked earlier this week at $109 p/p with taxes it was $317 and we got a on board credit! can't beat that

have 4 other LS couples sailing with us...should be a good time

15 days and counting

We would like to go on "less aggressive" couples cruises. We went on the RCL couples cruise in 2013 and had a great time although we felt it was quite over priced. We have no interest in the "chocolate room, dungeon, or Pharaohs rooms" so to pay a premium, well.......:eek:

Anyhow, we've been on several cruises and are looking to hang with like minded people that enjoy having fun once in awhile as a treat to spice things up a bit. We are very soft and enjoy Orient Beach.

So, we will be on Carnival Victory leaving Miami on Nov 10th 2014, and NCL Getaway leaving Nov 15th 2014. Yep, back to back. Were planning on the RCL couples cruise but couldn't pull the trigger. NCL was 1/3 of the cost and goes to Orient beach. :cool:

If your around give us a shout.

I didn't know Hedo only allows couples.:confused:

Maybe it changed because I was there several years ago and I went as a single and shared a room with another single woman. There were single people there.

I know now that they have Hedo I, Hedo II and Hedo III ( I don't know how much more wilder those other extentions can be, unless now they've included human sacrifices.):p

That's scary because having gone there to Hedo I, I thought I'd seen everything that can be done under the sun and moon.:eek:

same here, three girls one room, plenty of single men to take care of our needs.

Just wonder how full a hedo ship would be each week..

• 1 month later...

I just happened across this thread when looking for Adults Only cruises, but not specifically lifestyle-oriented cruises so I don't really know much about them.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as I've only read some of the replies, but at least a couple of LS sites have a feature to add your travel plans to a publicly viewable Travel Calendar, so you can see if any others are on your sailing. It's also for non-cruise travel, as well.

Most people don't notice or take advantage of that feature, but some do and it is there so you may get lucky. ;)

Problem with the cruises from the LS sites are they are so expensive....3,500 vs. 1,500 per couple. CRAZY!!! Just because we enjoy the LS doesn't mean we are frivolous with money lol Just my thoughts :)

You really need to try one before you can judge that it's not worth the extra money. Almost anyone who's been on one says that's it worth it simply for the fact there are no kids onboard! To have an entire ship catering to your group's interests- there's nothing else like it. And this is the friendliest group of passengers you will ever sail with. We were on the Independence of the Seas in November, and had the most fun of any cruise we've ever been on.

Also, we're going on the MSC Divina in April 2016, and paying a lot less than $3500. There are still inside rooms available for a fairly reasonable price, if you're truly interested in trying this type of cruise.

And keep in mind, on this cruise the tips are added onto the per-person fees (along with taxes, port charges and all the other standard cruising costs), so that does add a little to the upfront costs, but then you don't have to worry about them later. You're going to pay tips on any cruise, whether it's rolled into the initial cost, or added onto your onboard account when you sail.

You really need to try one before you can judge that it's not worth the extra money. Almost anyone who's been on one says that's it worth it simply for the fact there are no kids onboard! To have an entire ship catering to your group's interests- there's nothing else like it. And this is the friendliest group of passengers you will ever sail with. We were on the Independence of the Seas in November, and had the most fun of any cruise we've ever been on.

Also, we're going on the MSC Divina in April 2016, and paying a lot less than $3500. There are still inside rooms available for a fairly reasonable price, if you're truly interested in trying this type of cruise.

And keep in mind, on this cruise the tips are added onto the per-person fees (along with taxes, port charges and all the other standard cruising costs), so that does add a little to the upfront costs, but then you don't have to worry about them later. You're going to pay tips on any cruise, whether it's rolled into the initial cost, or added onto your onboard account when you sail.

Well said Catgirl!

We were in a discussion about the "Astronomical Cost" of a full ship takeover LS Cruise, so I did a comparison. The difference from the Upgraded Concierge rear facing Balcony we have booked on the Celebrity Sihlouette for the Nov.2015 Bliss Cruise is EXACTLY $750.00 more than the exact same room and cruising the week before and after.

(Just for your reference we are paying $4308 for that Amazing Cabin, and normally it costs $3558.) But you can go a LOT less expensive and a lot more! Just like the regular cruises, there are cabins for every budget.

To us that's Definitely Worth it for all of the extras you get, Special entertainment, all adult focused, theme nights, Naked on deck when not in port, Seminars, workshops, GREAT people, Huge play areas, themed play areas AND........ NO KIDS!!!

We've been on 3 LS Cruises (so far. 2 more booked) and have met a lot of people that aren't in the LS, or choose not to play with others, but just LOVE the atmosphere of the ship!!

There's a reason they usually sell out!!!!!

C&C

We just did that cruise on Dec14.... Meh!!

But LOVED the 4 days in NOLA before coming home!!!!

oh man! we did the 2 day cruise to nowhere in November and had a blast but it was just a tease. too short

we had 12 or so LS couples with us (a first) hoping we get lucky and find a few couples to hang out with. did yall go to any of the clubs in the city? we love Colettes

• 1 month later...
did yall go to any of the clubs in the city? we love Colettes

No we didn't as we were there from a Sunday to Wednesday. So we didn't think it would be worth going to a LS Club early in the week! Plus we already had SO much stuff we wanted to do and see in NOLA! Awesome Place!! We LUVED it and Will be back!!

C&C

No we didn't as we were there from a Sunday to Wednesday. So we didn't think it would be worth going to a LS Club early in the week! Plus we already had SO much stuff we wanted to do and see in NOLA! Awesome Place!! We LUVED it and Will be back!!

C&C

Wednesday is locals night so theres usually at least a few couples there, but you're right....probably not worth the door fee. next time give us a shout..we'd be happy to share "local" secrets LOL

glad yall had fun...hard to have a bad time here

Happy Mardi Gras everyone

oh...anyone sailing on the fb uncensored cruise in october? we're booked on the tx sailing