Halifax NS private tours

PAULNJILL

Can anyone recommend any private tour operators in Halifax NS , we are arriving 2nd October and are looking for a private tour of Peggys Cove and other places of local interest

I am looking for the same kind of thing for September and found this posted here just the other day:

We had a wonderful tour with http://www.halifaxtaxitours.com/

They don't show a standard lighthouse tour, but they will customize a tour for you. E-mail them with your questions. If you get a driver who has a van, it will hold 5 adults comfortably, so you can ask others from your roll call to go with you and share the cost.

Haven't contacted them yet, but have been to the website and probably will use them.

• 1 year later...

When we were there a week ago, we were able to hire a taxi right outside the terminal. They were all regulated for price and you basically hired them by the hour. We did a 3 hour tour and saw the citadel, Peggy's Cove, The Swiss Air memorial, a bunch of really beautiful fishing coves and even made a stop to do a little shopping on the way back.

We just got back a few weeks ago and we used blue diamond tours. We had a private tour customized to whatever we wanted to see... including Peggys Cove, St Margarets Bay, Tantallon, Halifax, the Citadel, and the Public Gardens. We got a 7 hour private tour and it was worth every penny... though not too expensive either. Out of 5 cruises it was my favorite excursion!!! Our drivers name was Al Walker and he was awesome. The owners name is Bob, tell him Bree & Anthony from Kansas recommended them! They have a website too, just google Blue Diamond Tours!

Heres some pics... Also we stopped at a local restaurant outside peggys cove (our driver told us it is a hidden gem and he was right!).

Oh yeah, they were also able to arrange a nature cruise of peggys cove on a small boat with 2 other couples. The price was included in our tour. It was awesome and the driver let us take turns driving the boat!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Can anyone recommend any private tour operators in Halifax NS , we are arriving 2nd October and are looking for a private tour of Peggys Cove and other places of local interest

Jonathan at info@yourcab.ca is our favorite tour director -- count yourself lucky if you can book him. Not overly chatty, direct and to the point, kind, and knows the area well. Nice buses - lovely tours. Vicki:)

• 3 weeks later...

We have just returned from our cruise aboard Enchantment of the Seas. In Bar Harbour we used At Your Service Taxi (http://atyourservicetaxi.com/) and were very pleased. Very professional, clean van, adapted to our tour wishes. In Halifax we obtained the services of a private taxi driver referred to us by Halifax Taxi Tours since they did not have anyone available. We used the services of Al Deslaurier at deslaurieraophonse@hotmail.com, our driver was polite, well informed and the van was perfect. In St. Johns we had a slight problem and when I emailed the owner of the tour company of our concerns she promptly replied to my email and made the necessary adjustments and apologies. Based on her response I would have no problem giving her company, Heather MacKenzie <hmackenzie@freedomtours.com>, another chance. Bar Harbor and Halifax were highlights for us, Portland also was interesting,especially with a trip to the Portland Headlight Lighthouse. St.Johns was a disappointment, even with seeing Fundy Bay

• 4 months later...
We just got back a few weeks ago and we used blue diamond tours. We had a private tour customized to whatever we wanted to see... including Peggys Cove, St Margarets Bay, Tantallon, Halifax, the Citadel, and the Public Gardens. We got a 7 hour private tour and it was worth every penny... though not too expensive either. Out of 5 cruises it was my favorite excursion!!! Our drivers name was Al Walker and he was awesome. The owners name is Bob, tell him Bree & Anthony from Kansas recommended them! They have a website too, just google Blue Diamond Tours!

Do you have more info on this company? We are looking for a tour and when I googled them, the website did not work. Please and Thank you :)

Do you have more info on this company? We are looking for a tour and when I googled them, the website did not work. Please and Thank you :)

We had the same trouble. I found Van Tours of Nova Scotia. They had a nice website. We selected the Lunenberg tour. I could not find any reviews of this company. However, so far I'm impressed. They were prompt with writing back and they confirmed our reservation.

Hi Folks:

I did a great tour with Les and 4 other cruise critic members.

They have a Taxi Van and a limo depending on how many people.

http://www.halifaxtaxitours.com/

I highly recommend halifax taxi tours.

We had Les, too, the last time we were there. Great tour and he has so much knowledge - you will be impressed and have a wonderful time.

• 2 months later...

I booked a tour with Jonathan Duru at YourCab. While he wasn't our guide, the taxi driver he provided for us, Frank, was amazing. He was a native Haligonian, and regaled us with many tales, some quite funny, about the city's history. There's a city park gate with quite a story behind it...

We went to Peggy's Cove and the Swissair memorial nearby. While we were at the lighthouse, Frank called ahead to a lobster pound, and we had a fantastic lobster lunch al fresco, pulled out of the boiling water just minutes after our arrival. $15 for 1.5 pound lobsters can't be beat around here.

We also stopped by the Titanic graveyard, Acadian Maple Products (they ship to the US), and toured the city of Halifax. It was a great day, and I'd highly recommend Jonathan and his drivers.

• 6 months later...
We have just returned from our cruise aboard Enchantment of the Seas. In Bar Harbour we used At Your Service Taxi (http://atyourservicetaxi.com/) and were very pleased. Very professional, clean van, adapted to our tour wishes. In Halifax we obtained the services of a private taxi driver referred to us by Halifax Taxi Tours since they did not have anyone available. We used the services of Al Deslaurier at deslaurieraophonse@hotmail.com, our driver was polite, well informed and the van was perfect. In St. Johns we had a slight problem and when I emailed the owner of the tour company of our concerns she promptly replied to my email and made the necessary adjustments and apologies. Based on her response I would have no problem giving her company, Heather MacKenzie <hmackenzie@freedomtours.com>, another chance. Bar Harbor and Halifax were highlights for us, Portland also was interesting,especially with a trip to the Portland Headlight Lighthouse. St.Johns was a disappointment, even with seeing Fundy Bay

Hi! We are planning on using Al in Halifax. I know this post is a year old, but if you are still around, can you tell us more about your tour and also about the van and how many people you had?

Thanks.

As I had said all was great with our tour with Al. We had six people in our van which was large, clean and comfortable. If I remember correctly he will adjust the tour to your wishes. Have a great time.

Thank you for the quick reply. My mom can get into our mini-van, but she may have more problems with a full size van, especially if it doesn't have running boards. When I asked about the size of the van, I was really looking for height. I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

I am so excited about this cruise. I can't believe it is still 10 months away.

We also used Halifax Cruise Ship taxi Tours when we were in Halifax in October. Al arranged a private tour for us with Eric. He was terrific and we really enjoyed the 4 hours we spent with him-easily the best tour of our cruise. He was very knowledgeable, professional and yet friendly, made sure we saw all the sights in addition to those we had requested in advance. We got out of the car several times and Eric went with us to narrate the sights. He also stopped when we wanted to take pictures. We did not use a van but rather a sedan so perhaps that would be easier for your mother. It was a large car that could hold 4 people. Hope this helps and that you have a great cruise

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...