Coral Emerald Balconies from E624-632 explanation please?

nini

I have been trying to discern if these balconies are "real balconies"

or rather odd. I have searched and searched for pics and diagrams

and would like one of these because of the savings versus a Caribe balcony.

I know that these E624-630 are covered but do not want to be staring at a lifeboat, etc.

Anyone been in one of these?

Thx! :cool:

I have been trying to discern if these balconies are "real balconies"

or rather odd. I have searched and searched for pics and diagrams

and would like one of these because of the savings versus a Caribe balcony.

I know that these E624-630 are covered but do not want to be staring at a lifeboat, etc.

Anyone been in one of these?

Thx! :cool:

Yes they are real balconies 9'x9'. From the deck plans and ship photos on the Princess web site it appears that there is a solid structural wall between E624 and the life boats, between E628 and E630 and between E 704 and E706 plus some other structural walls further aft along the starboard side. On the deck plan it states the balconies for the cabins indicated can not connect.

I 'feel' your angst. I went through the same thing when I was booking our cruise last February. I just wanted to find pictures, so I would know what I was getting. Soooo....I took some pix for future cruisers like you! :cool:

We were in the very end of the group of balconies towards mid-ship and the lifeboats -- E624.

The balconies are very nice and completely covered. We were traveling with another couple and there was plenty of room for the 4 of us. We could have gotten at least another couple of people out there if we had desired.

The view straight out is just fine as is the view to the Aft. The view towards the front of the ship (which you would have to stick your head out from the balcony to view forward), you will see part of a lifeboat. It really didn't distract us (and for the price difference, it was worth it). One advantage of this balcony is that there is one solid wall next to the lifeboats, which means you only have (potentially) one noisy 'neighbor', as we heard no sounds from the lifeboats. :p

I would book this same location if we were to travel on the Coral again.

I hope the attached pictures help.

1589801341_CoralPrincessE624Balcony.jpg.e20c184404a15a2db8b4ff00854a278b.jpg

586807926_E624Balconyfrominsidecabin.jpg.48ced2a802800dc015f3fb7821ccf8be.jpg

1999487399_E624Viewforward.jpg.9e5dd9ceb1318a55930ca41413f13f0b.jpg

1833112487_CoralE624Solidwall.jpg.6332a798f514ad4ad6b83b137f168ec7.jpg

Yes they are real balconies 9'x9'. From the deck plans and ship photos on the Princess web site it appears that there is a solid structural wall between E624 and the life boats, between E628 and E630 and between E 704 and E706 plus some other structural walls further aft along the starboard side. On the deck plan it states the balconies for the cabins indicated can not connect.
We were on the Coral in 624 and we liked the cabin. I believe the balcony dimensions are closer to a minisuite (9'x7') rather than a Caribe deck balcony (9'x9') but still quite large. These cabins are cheaper because of the location which aft and just above a public area. I would book those cabins anytime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums