Windstar evening dresses?

pirate6667

Hello,

I am so excited about our first Windstar cruise and looking for as much information (tips, comments, recent photos) about the ship Wind Surf. Also, has anyone ever spent New Years Eve on Windstar? I have read that the evening dress code is casual elegant and we were wondering should we bring the tuxedo and formal evening gown for that night? Does anyone have any pics of the evening dresses they wore while on a Windstar cruise. I am just trying to gauge what dresses to bring?

Assume you'll be in the islands. Leave the tux home. Bring a sport coat. Dressy tops or dressy dress for women. You'll see mostly casual, Tommy Bahama type shirts. It's relaxation time. Just can't imagine lugging a tux to the islands, even for NYE.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No tux or formal evening dress, you'd be terribly overdressed. I have never seen a tux or formal dress on any Windstar cruise. A sport port coat is more than enough. I got off a Med. Cruise last week. For dinner, some things I wore were a ballet neck navy linen shift with a statement necklace, a black silk Eileen Fisher shift for dinner with the captain with pearl jewelry, and white pants with a blue linen blouse and nice sandals.

The dressiest I've ever been was with a subdued cocktail dress. It's nice, but "country club casual."

Edited by 6rugrats

Windstar is very casual. Nobody cares what you wear. Basically, no shorts at dinner. There are some people who enjoy dressing up. I have never seen a tuxedo on Windstar. Some women do wear long dresses. Lots of men wear nice jeans at dinner. The world is becoming more casual. Enjoy being relaxed.

We spent New Years Eve on the Wind Star in Costa Rica and had a marvelous time! I wore a "dressy" sundress and my husband wore khakis and a silk Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirt. They passed out hats and noisemakers for all. I have seen pretty maxi dresses that are like sundresses with pretty sandals too. I haven't ever seen a tux or a formal gown on WS. It's just not that type of cruise.

Windstar is very casual. Nobody cares what you wear. Basically, no shorts at dinner. There are some people who enjoy dressing up. I have never seen a tuxedo on Windstar. Some women do wear long dresses. Lots of men wear nice jeans at dinner. The world is becoming more casual. Enjoy being relaxed.

Actually, the dress code is no shorts, jeans or flip flops. I have not seen jeans in the dining room, except white jeans on women.

We were on the Windstar on New Years Eve in the Panama Canal. That night was chosen for the on deck barbecue so it was even more casual than usual.

As everyone said - very casual - no tuxes or even suits. Sportscoats are rare. You will see a lot of men in nice Tommy Bahama type shirts, polos or button down shirts with khaki pants. I generally take a long dress or two but they are the casual summer party type dress, not fancy, like you would find at Chicos or a longer linen Eileen Fischer type dress. You will see sundresses as well.I usually bring a pair of nice black pants and wedge or platform sandal shoes and several nice tops to pair with for evenings.

• 2 months later...