Never too old!

Musicus

Just to tell all that Egon said he will probably be making his decision next week regarding his new place of residence.

On another note, my cousin Steve, chatted with me online this morning for quite some time. He's back again!! He is calling me Thur or Friday. Thanks for all the prayers. They really, truly worked.

Just to tell all that Egon said he will probably be making his decision next week regarding his new place of residence.

On another note, my cousin Steve, chatted with me online this morning for quite some time. He's back again!! He is calling me Thur or Friday. Thanks for all the prayers. They really, truly worked.

So happy to hear that Steve is feeling better!

Aww man, it hurts my heart to hear Egon 'talk', sounds like he really, really wants to go to Switzerland, but it's such a tough battle to make it come together. Wish I could help him. I'll say a prayer, that's about all I can do.

And yes, those prayers are pretty powerful...yay Pat! So glad your Steve is doing so well! Do the doctors expect any longterm effects? I'm kinda expecting to hear how he'll be training for the next triathalon before too long. ;)

Karen

Aww man, it hurts my heart to hear Egon 'talk', sounds like he really, really wants to go to Switzerland, but it's such a tough battle to make it come together. Wish I could help him. I'll say a prayer, that's about all I can do.

And yes, those prayers are pretty powerful...yay Pat! So glad your Steve is doing so well! Do the doctors expect any longterm effects? I'm kinda expecting to hear how he'll be training for the next triathalon before too long. ;)

Karen

Longterm effects may be slight, but not much. They (his loads of friends) are having a fund raising bike night next Wednesday to help with medical bills, etc. He also told me he wants to be the poster boy for bikes and helmets. He told me they still don't know who was at fault. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that since they were the only two on the road.

I am back from my cruise and am letting Just4You take over if that's okay. I will let Egon know as well.

I am glad that this was just a mix up and you haven't left us. When I first read this I was afraid that something bad had happened to you and you weren't going to be able to spend the time anymore.

I receive all the fun e mails that Egon sends out, but not the personal notes, so it is nice to be able to keep up with what is happening to him here.

This is the first time I have been on this thread in a long time. My DH is having a lot of problems and will need a lung transplant soon. Tomorrow I have to take him to the hospital for a heart catherization. If he passes that, then he is given another test to go through. There is a whole list of what has to check out before you can be put on a transplant list. It doesn't look like I will be going down to stay in my Florida house this winter, and will be doing a lot of hospital visits:(

I am glad that this was just a mix up and you haven't left us. When I first read this I was afraid that something bad had happened to you and you weren't going to be able to spend the time anymore.

I receive all the fun e mails that Egon sends out, but not the personal notes, so it is nice to be able to keep up with what is happening to him here.

This is the first time I have been on this thread in a long time. My DH is having a lot of problems and will need a lung transplant soon. Tomorrow I have to take him to the hospital for a heart catherization. If he passes that, then he is given another test to go through. There is a whole list of what has to check out before you can be put on a transplant list. It doesn't look like I will be going down to stay in my Florida house this winter, and will be doing a lot of hospital visits:(

Um. There were a couple of posts that were deleted ( for just cause) and i believe both Just For You and Yellowbird 23 have both left this thread.

Sorry to say.

So, you changed your mind. Glad you decided to stay.

I am on email subscription so whatever gets deleted i still have access to.

I am sure most of us are on email subscriptions for subscribed threads and I fail to see what posts were deleted. Maybe I just missed something or never got the email notification.

Gosh....I hope nothing bad has happened to cause hard feelings somewhere here, and I can't imagine what would cause these great people to just drop off.

Things went well for us today. No heart problems at all:)

So so glad to hear that. The older we get, the scarier it gets, doesn't it? The changes in our Medicare supplemental plan goes up after the first of the year, so we're hunting for a new one. Jeesh! Enjoy your week all!

HI FOLKS....Well, its has been over a week since we were told that EGON would be making his plans....heard nothing,......this can be good...or bad...

hope we hear something soon.....would hate to loose track of him...hope nothing has happened...

jus' me......jim.....the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

HI FOLKS....Well, its has been over a week since we were told that EGON would be making his plans....heard nothing,......this can be good...or bad...

hope we hear something soon.....would hate to loose track of him...hope nothing has happened...

jus' me......jim.....the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

Im worried too! Hope all is well with him

Dearest Patty

I am making progress, slowly. I am probably going into a nice Assisted Living Facility here called Marina Point Village where I have a two room 750 Sqft apartment, full kitchen and a balcony overlooking the lake. While I plan to make breakfast and lunch, I will go down to the restaurant for Dinner, and use all the facilities there. This after I will have a second Cystoscopy Nov 15. I have a "High/grade urothelial Cell Carcinoma" but do not plan on doing anything about it. Long range plans, so God will, on April 20 2013 a Transatlantic sailing Florida-England on ... "Poesia"!

Love - Egon

Dearest Patty

I am making progress, slowly. I am probably going into a nice Assisted Living Facility here called Marina Point Village where I have a two room 750 Sqft apartment, full kitchen and a balcony overlooking the lake. While I plan to make breakfast and lunch, I will go down to the restaurant for Dinner, and use all the facilities there. This after I will have a second Cystoscopy Nov 15. I have a "High/grade urothelial Cell Carcinoma" but do not plan on doing anything about it. Long range plans, so God will, on April 20 2013 a Transatlantic sailing Florida-England on ... "Poesia"!

Love - Egon

Sounds really nice! Glad hes planning another cruise!

Had my Flu shots and "meet&greet" with the doctor yesterday who has agreed to take me on as a new patient (it was difficult: there seems to be a great shortage of physicians). He has filled out our medical questionnaire which was a requirement of Marina Point Village, the assisted Living Facility I move into later this month.

Bought some furniture from the people moving out of the apartment, but am faced with establishing another household! Luckily, Steve, with all the cottages, has a lot of "stuff" that I'll will need.

They say my speech has improved a lot. I, however, am less convinced.

To those of my unknown friends, stick around - I very much appreciate it!