Steiner Liesure Contract Expires

Where did you here this; Celebrity is cutting ties with them in 2014 (Canyon Ranch is reportedly taking over), but I have not heard that RCI is cutting ties. I believe they have a contract with them through the end of 2017 if I am not mistaken. Would be good news though if true, I am no fan of Steiner.

RCL is not renewing the contract with Steiner Liesure for spa services. Has anybody heard who will replace them? Will the hard sell for "miracle products" be reduced? If they bring it in house will the prices go down any?

It's OK no apology needed....:rolleyes:

I tell them right away, I have been on board before,and will not tip if you go off on a hard sell - I am not going to buy!

Not going to waste my time or theirs. Takes away from the relaxation of the spa treatment!!

The hard sell will always be done.

I do disagree, a bit. Have been on Cunard (Canyon Ranch) and there is a noticeable difference in the "hard sell". I was told by the therapist (who previously had worked for another line) that how hard the therapists have to try to sell product was determined by the cruise line. She said she much enjoyed working for a line where she could concentrate on her work rather than trying to sell products. The question I get on Cunard is "Would you like to hear about any products?" and I just say "No, thank you". That is the end of the discussion :)

I find it uncomfortable when I have to continually say no to merchandise I supposedly "need".

I do disagree, a bit. Have been on Cunard (Canyon Ranch) and there is a noticeable difference in the "hard sell". I was told by the therapist (who previously had worked for another line) that how hard the therapists have to try to sell product was determined by the cruise line. She said she much enjoyed working for a line where she could concentrate on her work rather than trying to sell products. The question I get on Cunard is "Would you like to hear about any products?" and I just say "No, thank you". That is the end of the discussion :)

I find it uncomfortable when I have to continually say no to merchandise I supposedly "need".

Good to know!! looking forward to try Canyon Ranch on the Reflection next summer!!:):)

Sounds like Canyon Ranch is the preferred company. From my experiences on RCL and Princess the hard sell is the way. I would much rather hear the quote that you posted... "Would you like to hear about any products?"

The hard sell will always be done.

And they will find new ways to do it. My only disappointment was going to the fitness center on Jewel and seeing a list of classes to sign up for and finding out the back pain one was just a product sell of a questionable product. That's the only time I've been angry with Royal.

Maybe in 2017 if they are happy with Canyon on Celebrity they will switch or they are just getting some leverage on Steiner.

That's my thought too... A trial run if sorts. If they work out really well on Celebrity I would not be surprised at all to see RCI eventually make the switch too.

Welcome to

Canyon Ranch at Sea

World-Class Luxury SpaClub® at Sea

from

http://www.canyonranch.com/sea

Beyond Steiner, Canyon Ranch has emerged as the only other operator of shipboard spas, having succeeded in gaining a presence on Cunard’s Queen Mary 2, as well as the seven ships of Oceania and Regent in the Prestige Cruises group.

from

http://www.cruiseshipjob.com/n/steiner-canyon-ranch-spa-club-cruise-news.html