Port Canaveral Car Rentals

delluser

yes and their distance runs from less that one to no more than 3.5 miles

if you have to wait for a shuttle the wait will probably be longer than the ride will be

enterprise is the farthest out, hertz the closest, then Budget then Thrifty/Dollar/Avis which are clustered together

On another post someone said they waited an hour for the shuttle to take them back to the ship because there were so many people. If this is the case when we go in June, I will just take a cab to the ship....assuming we can find one. We will be at Budget.

We want to rent a car when we are in port. Pick up at about noon and return at about 6 pm. What is the closest rental agency to the port? How do they know when to pick you up at the cruise ship?

Thanks

As far as picking you up at the port, just stand at the one end where all the shuttle buses arrive (out doors and to the right). Vans have the names on them.

They are all close so go with whoever you like/get the best deal from. The budget is a franchise location so no fast break but that didn't slow us down last week.

It was busy when we arrived at 12:30 or so. Had to wait for two vans as there were several large groups in front of us. Still only waited 15 minutes. If you get anxious there are cabbies sitting on the street right in front of the budget lot holding signs saying "no waiting". Several people opted to hop a cab rather than wait. Guess they were anxious to line up at the port to get on the boat !

Its on Astronaut Blvd just past the ramps you take to get to the various ships/docks. Just keep driving straight like your going in to the town and it is about 1-1.5 miles up on your right side

If you are unsure I'd suggest you go print a map off on google map

8401 ASTRONAUT BOULEVARD PORT CANAVERAL , FL 32920 US Location code CC5. 321-784-0634 ...

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/.../locationBrowse.ex?...C... - United States

• 3 weeks later...

I just reserve my car rental with budget and Days INN hotel pre cruise. I would like to know if there is a shuttle that I can take back to budget to pick up a rental back to the airport after the cruise?

• 8 months later...
Do all of the rental car companies near Port Canaveral run shuttles to the cruise port? How long (assuming no issues) should it take to get from the any car rental agency to the port?

I believe a new location opened up not far from Port and they stay open when it is a afternoon Port Call. I believe the shuttle still runs also.

I believe a new location opened up not far from Port and they stay open when it is a afternoon Port Call. I believe the shuttle still runs also.

Payless opened on Port Canveral property just before the New Year's. I posted details from our family's recent experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36589581#post36589581

Free pick up and drop off...and a CruiseCritic forum discount. We liked them.

Regards,

Johncn

Edited by Johncn

If you bring a car back to either Hertz or Budget at 7-8 pm and drop the keys in the box are there ample taxis in that area to catch a ride back to the boat? It may be a mile walk, but it looks like a long mile.

If you drop off at the Hertz location you can just walk into the lobby of the Residence Inn hotel and ask for a taxi if one is not right outside.

I just reserve my car rental with budget and Days INN hotel pre cruise. I would like to know if there is a shuttle that I can take back to budget to pick up a rental back to the airport after the cruise?

Yes, you can catch a Budget shuttle back to the location to pick up after the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a cruise scheduled in August. We will be renting a car from Enterprise here in MN and driving down to Cape Canaveral FL. Can anyone tells us where we could park our rental so be may take I guess a shuttle to port?

We will be using the same vehicle to travel back home to MN once cruise is over. Since that works best for our family.

This is our 1st cruise. Dont know anything sorry! Have patience with me. Glad there is somewhere I could go for questions.

I rented from Hertz in NC last sept and dropped off at Hertz in front of the country inn and suites, I returned the car around 9am we were staying at the country inn, walked back over to hertz around 10:30 and waited maybe 15 min, they continually run back and forth to the port. On our return everything went smooth, we were in our rental within 30 minutes of leaving the ship and on our way back north to NC. Returned the car at RDU. We were a family of 5 adults, and airfare to Orlando was over 300$ a person, the rental with the gas was about 400$ for a mini van, no drop off fee. Hertz is the closest to the port.

• 10 months later...

At the LA port we like to drive to the terminal, in our rental car, park it and walk our luggage over to the check-in. Check in for our cruise then go get the rental car and return it. Take the shuttle back to the terminal and walk on the ship. Getting rid of the luggage and checking in before returning the car works well for us. Is this possible at Cape Canaveral? Thanks for the advise.

• 4 months later...

Have a reservation at Thrifty in Cape Canaveral for day in port. They show a closing time of 5:00. Does anyone know if they extend hours when ships are in port. 5:00 may be tight if we have any delays.

Have a reservation at Thrifty in Cape Canaveral for day in port. They show a closing time of 5:00. Does anyone know if they extend hours when ships are in port. 5:00 may be tight if we have any delays.

You can drop the car after hours at most places and then cab to the ship.:)

• 7 months later...