Is anyone booking for 2018 ?

Host Hattie

• 2 weeks later...

We booked QE from San Francisco to Sydney for Feb 2018 whilst on board QV in the Mediterranean this August. We were able to book one of the Q6 suites across the back which have been unavailable on our previous QV & QE cruises. We have also booked a Swan Hellenic cruise from Rome to Portsmouth for April 2018. We like to organise our trips

well in advance.

Have been lurking this board for a while and what a mine of information it is but this is my first post

Have booked QM2 Sydney to Sydney (Cunard fare) and wanted a sheltered balcony Port side on deck 5 surprised that there is no availability this far out.

Compromised by reserving one on deck 4.

What are the chances and when we will be able to change our cabin to one on deck 5.

I'm with Lanky Lad on this. We have a 2018 cruise in mind but we'll be not be booking it until we're on board the QE in September next year due to the sort of deal that we'll get.

When we were on board the QE in September we looked at the cruise that we wanted for next September and were offered a fantastic deal on OBC and a fair deal on the price. Before we confirmed with the on board Future Cruise people we contacted our TA who advised that we should snatch their hand off with regards to the OBC and that if we put the booking through him he would then offer a generous discount on the price. This we did and got the best of both Worlds, a great OBC deal from Future Cruises and a good discount off the fare from our TA.

Hence, we won't be doing anything until we're on board next September just as Lanky Lad is doing.

David

No. Far too early. Like I just put in the other 2018 thread, if we change our minds, we lose our deposit or pay an admin fee if change to another cruise.

Still thinking about 2017 cruises.

Is it different for Americans than those from the UK? I can cancel my June 3, 2018 TA on QM2 up until Feb 2, 2018 and get back my full deposit. I can rebook at the lower fares when they come out up until then as well with no fee.

We want to do the Baltics/Scandinavia from/to Southampton preferably, perhaps B2B in May/June 2018, to coincide with a nieces wedding n the Cotswolds.

Cunard and P&O have some out now for that period. We have QM@ booked for 2 March next year, Sydney-HK, it is our first Cunard voyage and I am not sure whether or not it is the Line for us, I will reserve my judgement. At this stage would probably Princess, our favoured cruise line. I don't know when Princess will put out their Northern Summer itineraries for Baltics/Scandinavia. Perhaps in the next few months? We want to compare prices and actual ports of call etc.

Also Princess gives us refundable deposits, Cunard and P&O UK does not do that for Australians, if you cancel anytime you lose your deposit. A bit unfair I think, when North Americans get refundable deposits. Princess will refare us up to final payment time, which is good. I always book direct with the various cruise lines, likewise our flights direct with the airlines.

Edited by NSWP

We got married on the QM2 on 8th March 2013 having just left Sydney to circumnavigate New Zealand. It was the best voyage ever - Commodore Christopher Rynd married us and was the captain for the voyage around his native country and gave great insight and commentary to all the passengers.

So, the QM2 is leaving Sydney on 9th March 2018 on a 14 night voyage to Singapore, and I am thinking of booking a 5th anniversay cruise soon as a surprise for my husband.

Just a long flight from the UK to Sydney for somebody who hates flying!

Have a stopover on the way for a night or two, get out of the darned flying tube, we always do. Breaks up the flight and you feel ok for the next one. Not that costly if you look around for hotels on the internet. Don't take the cruiseline hotels, they are way overpriced.

Edited by NSWP

Is it different for Americans than those from the UK? I can cancel my June 3, 2018 TA on QM2 up until Feb 2, 2018 and get back my full deposit. I can rebook at the lower fares when they come out up until then as well with no fee.

Lucky you! Yes, it is different conditions for us from the UK (and other countries I think). We would lose our deposit.

Also Princess gives us refundable deposits, Cunard and P&O UK does not do that for Australians, if you cancel anytime you lose your deposit. A bit unfair I think, when North Americans get refundable deposits. Princess will refare us up to final payment time, which is good. I always book direct with the various cruise lines, likewise our flights direct with the airlines.

Yes It is unfair to treat passengers from different countries differently but I think it's something to do with US laws?

It's been discussed on here many times.

We've booked two back to back cruises in 2018. I have booked a single cabin. There are so few they go early. In addition we got a 5% early booking reduction and 5% loyalty reduction plus increased on board spend and 5% deposit...so £111-£130 depending on which cruise. Not too big a risk.

In addition I track value by working out daily rate cost to see whether the reductions are genuine.

Other reasons for booking early for us are a) our holiday starts at the point of booking with the anticipation and excitement of research around ports etc. When booked far in advance it lasts for longer!. B) having booked both early and late I''m astonished how quickly 18m flies by, with the last 6 months going at a gallop. C) I''m worried about the effect of the weak £ following the post Brexit fall-out and how that is likely to affect the cost of holidays coming. At least I have some certainty. D) I know how much I have to save and by when. E) my sister taught me the value of having your next holiday booked before you finish the last even if he next one is quite far ahead. So: the end of one holiday also means anticipating the next.

How could Cunard take 15% when only 5% deposit was paid at time of booking?

Do they have unlimited permission to access my bank account (paid deposit with debit card ) and help themselves to the other 10% or would they send me a bill which I would then ignore?

I have booked M825 6th July eastbound TA and paid 5% deposit and will cheerfully cancel and book again if the price were to drop significantly.

I have read Cunards terms and conditions and they state that prior to 90 days the cancellation charge is the deposit, no % rate mentioned.

The deposit is 5% in the UK but if you cancel the cruise at a later date you have to pay the full deposit of 15% and you lose it.

Cunard terms and conditions state that up to 90 days before cruise the cancellation fee is the deposit. ( no % rate mentioned. How could they make anyone pay another 10 % if you have paid the agreed 5% when booking?

Sounds a tad illegal to me.

The deposit is 5% in the UK but if you cancel the cruise at a later date you have to pay the full deposit of 15% and you lose it.

I meant to say that the standard deposit is 15%, as you say, and would be forfeit if cancelled. However, as I understood it when booking on board, one of the benefits of so doing is the reduced deposit. Another benefit (apart from increased OBS) is they waive the credit card fee at present, not just for the deposit but also for the payment of the balance.

Now I sound like an agent for Cunard! Always better to check for yourself...but I thought I should make it clear that I booked on board. Lesser benefits when booked otherwise, but you might get a better late booking price.

Not that I intend to cancel as bot cruises have several ports I've yet to visit and one cruise to a whole country I've yet to visi! Looking forward to it all already.

Hi there. I have started a roll call for the May 10, 2018 QM2 westbound TA. Please join us. You will make three and I will start a list. Thanks. Our cabin is 8049. We booked it last month on an eastbound TA,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50890946&posted=1#post50890946

Could you tell me how to start a roll call? I can see how to respond to a roll call..but when I looked for a "start new roll call" tab there was none, and 'new thread' didn't seem to be appropriate for slottingin a new thread. I did post a question..but got no reply!

We've booked the QE 2018 world cruise. Never cruised before.

Oh My, Brell! How wonderful and I am envious! I'd love to do a world cruise but my piggy bank squeaks too loud every time I think of it. However I love reading about other people's WC so keep us informed so we can have an imagination holiday instead..