US citizen on P&O Australia cruise?

nsync

With all the other lines down here and some with a coastal itinerary, wouldn't it be easier to book one of those if you're from the US ? Eg RCI etc ?

Easier yes, but that's not going to help much if you e.g. want to cruise in May, June, July, August...

• 4 weeks later...

After two months of nobody being able to help, I got a person at CarnivalAustralia to make two reservations for me in July 2013 for April 2014 cruises. Everything went fine until now. You can't complete their registration as it is designed for Australian and New Zealand only. You can't enter personal data, emergency contact info, reserve shore excursions, or pay the invoices as they are all geared to Au and NZ. My contact at CarnivalAustralia is now not answering my emails and we are down to less that 90 days and I can't get my E-Ticket even though I have paid the invoices. Very frustrating.

After two months of nobody being able to help, I got a person at CarnivalAustralia to make two reservations for me in July 2013 for April 2014 cruises. Everything went fine until now. You can't complete their registration as it is designed for Australian and New Zealand only. You can't enter personal data, emergency contact info, reserve shore excursions, or pay the invoices as they are all geared to Au and NZ. My contact at CarnivalAustralia is now not answering my emails and we are down to less that 90 days and I can't get my E-Ticket even though I have paid the invoices. Very frustrating.

exvpcbss, if you are not using this email address - cust.relations@carnivalaustralia.com

try it and attention it to Alison. I have her to be very helpful and she seems to answer the queries on the P&O Australia Facebook page. Good luck.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• 3 months later...
I think you'd be VERY disappointed. We sailed Pacific Jewel to Melanesia beginning of the month for ten nights. Just returned last Thursday. We had a great time, the crew were wonderful and ports lovely. The ship? The line? Sad to say, especially since it is an Australian line and I'd like to stay loyal, we will not sail P&O again. The ship was tired, even after a spell in dry dock a month previously. It was just an exercise in marketing, everything was an extra. VERY disappointed, especially since sailing Carnival last year.

P&O AU wont let North Americans book cruises because they would all demand their money back:D:D:D

You're probably right. Most wouldn't exert the effort needed to book the trips and yes, the ships are tired. At least in our opinion the Pearl needs totally renovation. The Pacific Dawn was not as bad and was a better organized ship.