Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Nice job, Joanie. I have photos of a lot of cabins from many HAL ships. If you'd like me to send you images, I'll be happy to do so.

YES PLEASE!!! RevNeal Definitely I'd love them all!!! As Many as you can/want and if you'd include a basic description of your thoughts on each cabin. What made it good, bad, etc.,

Also include your CC Member name so I can give you the credit under the photos.

Thank you so much!!

Joanie

Joanie- this is a great idea and you are awesome to do this!

One down note- I just went to the site and Norton Antivirus popped up saying the site was unsafe. Two phishing thingies and two viruses. Ruh roh!

Thank You Carlena!

I now remember whay I dumped Norton and went to McCaffee and AVG for my AntiVirus protection. Sorry you had the problems hon.

Joanie

The web site is fabulous! It's just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately very little photos of Veendam yet, my first ship (I leave in 10 days!) but no matter. The resource will be there for me in future should I need it.

I'll send you some pictures when I return. Keep up the great work!

The web site is fabulous! It's just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately very little photos of Veendam yet, my first ship (I leave in 10 days!) but no matter. The resource will be there for me in future should I need it.

I'll send you some pictures when I return. Keep up the great work!

Thank You TammyHouse!! I will be awaiting those photos happily:)

Remember when you take the stateroom shots to make them what YOU want to see when you are looking for a stateroom. Not just how the bed is , the bathroom layout, etc., but also the shots from your verandah if you have one. And send me info on the things you liked, hated, thought could be improved etc...

Joanie

Beautiful! As a new cruiser and new to the boards, this is exactly what I could have used when I was molesting everyone for pics of o ur soon to be Main deck Oosterdam J-category inside stateroom! Its so well done!

Thank You and welcome to CC!! Now, what I need from you are photos of your Stateroom/Cabin and shots from them so I can add them to the site:)

All I ask is that you Send your HAL Stateroom/Cabin photos to irl_joanie@yahoo.com Place Cruise Critic Photos in the Subject Line. In the body of the email give a description of the stateroom, stateroom number, category, why you liked it, hated it, good points, drawbacks, etc., and your Cruise Critic Name.

This way everyone can check and see what will fit them better.

Thanks again Broccolilist!!!

Joanie

What a wonderful idea and thanks for spending the time and effort to put this in place. It does help to see a photo of the cabin before one makes a booking.

I have looked through my photos but unfortunately I have people in all my photos of our various cabins. Next time, I will make sure that I take the cabin and bathroom without anyone in it.

Jennie

Joanie, this is such a wonderful idea and you are absolutely awesome to take on such a task. Beyond that, kudos to you for your great attitude with naysayers. I looked at your new site even before I read all the posts and clearly you know what you're doing so that ends that!!!

I would send you my pictures of our Prinsendam cabin, but sadly it's all but gone away so that's that. But I do have some pictures of our cabins on Maasdam, Veendam and I think Oosterdam. I won't be back home until October, but I'll send them along then.

Imagine my excitement when I went on your new site and you had a picture of 6104 on the Westerdam!!! We're going to be in 6106 in March 2010 ... how close can you get??? I'm thinking you won't be needing my pictures of that cabin:).

Thanks again for this.

Edited by HeatherInFlorida

Joanie, this is such a wonderful idea and you are absolutely awesome to take on such a task. Beyond that, kudos to you for your great attitude with naysayers. I looked at your new site even before I read all the posts and clearly you know what you're doing so that ends that!!!

I would send you my pictures of our Prinsendam cabin, but sadly it's all but gone away so that's that. But I do have some pictures of our cabins on Maasdam, Veendam and I think Oosterdam. I won't be back home until October, but I'll send them along then.

Imagine my excitement when I went on your new site and you had a picture of 6104 on the Westerdam!!! We're going to be in 6106 in March 2010 ... how close can you get??? I'm thinking you won't be needing my pictures of that cabin:).

Thanks again for this.

Aussie Gal and HeatherInFlorida, thank you to both of you!!

I do not mind people in the photos AND if you want I can flesh tone out the faces with my graphics program) !! All it takes is when you send the photos include all the info as to Stateroom number, Category, your thoughts about the cabin, its location, what you liked/hated about it etc., your Cruise Critic Member Name AND if you want the face(s) blotted out.

I intend to have photos of every single stateroom on every single HAL ship. So please send me all that you can. Including shots you took out your window or off your Verandah.

Basically anything that You'd want to see when you look for a Stateroom.

Again, many many many thanks to you all!!!

Joanie

Joanie this is such a great idea! It's going to be excellent. It kind of seems like it's BY us, For us, you know? Just CC'ers taking pictures for other CC'ers. I wish the faces were there! That makes it even better. We get so far afield from the actual act of cruising sometimes... but here we are! In our cabins! yay!

I will see if I have any Noordam pictures...

Thank you so much!

IRL Joannie: On your link for the Maasdam you have Deck 4 Labeled as A Deck. A deck is Deck 1, Main Deck is Deck 2 not Deck 1; Lower Promenade is Deck 3 (not listed) and Deck 4 the Promenade Deck and Deck 5 Upper Promenade have no cabins.

We will be on the Maasdam for the 3rd time in October and I can get you a picture of the Ocean View cabins on Deck 2 Main Deck and perhaps a few more if I can talk people into it.

Joanie this is such a great idea! It's going to be excellent. It kind of seems like it's BY us, For us, you know? Just CC'ers taking pictures for other CC'ers. I wish the faces were there! That makes it even better. We get so far afield from the actual act of cruising sometimes... but here we are! In our cabins! yay!

I will see if I have any Noordam pictures...

Thank you so much!

EXACTLY *Grin* EXACTLY!!!

You hit the nail on the head Carla!!! By CC'rs for CC's and taken by CC'rs. A cruise line takes what They feel is a standardized photo. We take photos of what we want to remember!!

Some people do not want to have their faces being see all across the internet, I can understand that, and will respect the wishes of those that want their faces blotted out. But, I'm with you, I'd like to put faces to the names of fellow CC'rs;)

Thanks Carla, I am sitting here awaiting your photos to place on the Noordam Page!!

Joanie

Great site! I have some photos from the Veendam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam that I can send along. I just have to find some where we aren't making silly faces or wearing our chefs hats/lifejackets/dutch hats.

I think those are the best! They show the room in action!

IRL Joannie: On your link for the Maasdam you have Deck 4 Labeled as A Deck. A deck is Deck 1, Main Deck is Deck 2 not Deck 1; Lower Promenade is Deck 3 (not listed) and Deck 4 the Promenade Deck and Deck 5 Upper Promenade have no cabins.

Are you sure? (I haven't checked my Maasdam records.) That's the correct numbering on the R-class ships, but at least most of the S-class ships are three numbers different for the same deck name.

E.G. Upper Promenade is Deck 5 on the R-class, but Deck 8 on the other S-class ships.

Great site! I have some photos from the Veendam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam that I can send along. I just have to find some where we aren't making silly faces or wearing our chefs hats/lifejackets/dutch hats.

But silly faces and all the extras can add to the great looking stateroom photos:D

We will be on the Maasdam for the 3rd time in October and I can get you a picture of the Ocean View cabins on Deck 2 Main Deck and perhaps a few more if I can talk people into it.

skiron, Thank you for pointing that out, but according to HAL's own deck plans I have it correct http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ma.pdf

I always check HAL's Deck Plans out as I am double checking the stateroom locations and category before I upload the page.

I'd love to have all the photos of the staterooms you can send:D

Thank you so much!!!

Joanie

Are you sure? (I haven't checked my Maasdam records.) That's the correct numbering on the R-class ships, but at least most of the S-class ships are three numbers different for the same deck name.

E.G. Upper Promenade is Deck 5 on the R-class, but Deck 8 on the other S-class ships.

Hey RuthC, I always double check against HAL's own site, just so I do not make any mistakes.:eek: :D

Joanie- this is a great idea and you are awesome to do this!

One down note- I just went to the site and Norton Antivirus popped up saying the site was unsafe. Two phishing thingies and two viruses. Ruh roh!

Carla and jtl513, thank you both for the warnings!! jtl513 sent me a complete list of what his warnings were (NOTE TO EVERYONE: The problems were NOT on my site!!! they were from another web site using the topcities.com and godaddy.com main domain)

I immediately not only called Topcities.com but also sent a High priority report to their tech support with the info.

I received a call last night and worked with the tech and the problem site(s) have been removed!!!!!!

Please remember though, the problems were not on my site!!! Norton was picking up sites in the Main Host server for topcities.com and godaddy.com.

Joanie

What a great job you are doing. It is a huge project that you have started. I am sure many people are going to appreciate your effort. I keep checking your site to see if my future cabin is pictured. Which leads me to a suggestion. Would you consider adding a last edited date on the home page for each HAL ship? That may help people like myself who are wondering if you have added/updated anything since the last time they visited your website.

I am definitely planning to send you photos after my cruise next year. Will try to get pictures of several rooms.

Thanks again for all your work in helping to build the anticipation of cruisers.

What a great job you are doing. It is a huge project that you have started. I am sure many people are going to appreciate your effort. I keep checking your site to see if my future cabin is pictured. Which leads me to a suggestion. Would you consider adding a last edited date on the home page for each HAL ship? That may help people like myself who are wondering if you have added/updated anything since the last time they visited your website.

I am definitely planning to send you photos after my cruise next year. Will try to get pictures of several rooms.

Thanks again for all your work in helping to build the anticipation of cruisers.

Thank You!!

And what great ideas my fellow CC'rs come up with!!! Not only have I placed Last Edited and the date last edited on the Main Page, But also added beside the name of the ship (where it used to say - Has Cabin Photos) Cabin Photos Added and the date last edited. Ive also add the Last Edited info on each ships' individual pages.

Thank You for the great Idea!!!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie