Crown Loft accessible 1742--Allure

PBNJ620

Posted this on the Royal Caribbean board but had to post here also for those of you who have considered this suite!

We are sailing on Allure for the past two weeks and this week we are in Crown Loft 1742. I have to say, I am IMPRESSED! It is soooo beautiful! I wasn't sure about booking this because it's a bit pricey but we are so glad that we did. It is absolutely amazing!!!!!

One comment that I DO have though. From around 5:30 till 9:30 each morning, there is a swinging squeaky (and then slamming) door every few minutes. It is random but we figure it is from the Windjammer below us. We asked the room attendant and for a few days , it was minimal but today I noticed it again (ALOT). I believe each suite/room has it's advantages and disadvantages though . Just wanted to mention this in case someone was noise sensitive because it can be upsetting to some. For us, it isn't annoying enough as the suite itself is so wonderful!!!

Aside from that, this is a great suite to be able to spend a week in! For anyone that is sailing in an crown loft any time soon, you will LOVE IT!!!

Couple questions. How big is the elevator?

And does the door to the suite have a power opener like Radiance class?

My wife has trouble with inward opening doors due to having only one usable arm and having to back up to pull door open. Doors require too much pull to wheel the chair back with left foot only (right has same issue as right arm) so need to pull wheel and use foot but nothing left for grabbing the door.

The door to the suite is NOT a power door. It is difficult a bit to get into the suite when in the wheelchair (in my husband's opinion). The elevator is quite spacious. He fits in it with his wheelchair and one or two suitcases also!

It's a great suite!!! REALLY enjoying it!

Very excited!! DH has serious knee issues, and while he isn't in a wheelchair, he cannot climb the stairs so he will be using the elevator. I hear that it is also wider than the standard cls. Is that so? do you have any pictures of it that we could see? thank you so much

• 2 years later...
We would also love to see pictures of the elevator interior!

Could you please give us the dimensions of the elevator?

Thank you.

You do realize this thread is 3 years old ? Though dimensions are not stated post 3 of this thread gives input regarding general capacity. If you do a search of the disabled forum believe you'll find that pictures of elevator were posted several years ago.