And what about desserts?

anandaindonesia

I have not been able to put my finger on it, but the last 5 cruises I have taken both Carnival and Disney lines. Many of the dessert offerings either tasted "off" , bland, institutional variety cheapness.

I mean how you make chocolate cake taste a chunk of bitter tree bark?

The unknown creamy goodness on the bottom of the Tiramisu was probably donated by a pod of sperm whales. This was this week on the Disney Magic. Yeah, ok mr miagi the chocolate sliver did look like a shark fin, buy yourself a new sand rake.

I hear all these pre-diabetic couch potatoes rave about how orgasmically delicious these assorted desserts are and I'd frankly like to know if they're taste buds have been fried from all the anti-depressants and bingo blotter ink they gargle with.

Fact is, my nine year old daughter makes better cake desserts with 3 year old passed expiration date Betty Crocker dry mix and her Easy-Bake oven. My labrador retriever would more likely lick his rear end than any dessert off their selections.

And they're all the same, there must be a Roach Coach or Sysco Robert-Orr facility that mass produces all of these little nasties.

Oh, and btw- both lines; the soft serve ice cream was heavily chalky and had hints of "wet dog". They chocolate in particular tasted of reconstituted generic style Ovaltine flavoring. Yukkkkk.

I would love to rub someone's face into a 1/2 gallon of ANY storebought brand of ice cream available.

I know of REMFS who were award meritorious bronze starz for serving slightly better ice cream to Infantry soldiers at FOB Bagram Afghanistan.

Gmafb

Edited by Leatherlungz
Vienna sausage fangers gourn down I-75 at 85mph

I have not been able to put my finger on it, but the last 5 cruises I have taken both Carnival and Disney lines. Many of the dessert offerings either tasted "off" , bland, institutional variety cheapness.

I mean how you make chocolate cake taste a chunk of bitter tree bark?

The unknown creamy goodness on the bottom of the Tiramisu was probably donated by a pod of sperm whales. This was this week on the Disney Magic. Yeah, ok mr miagi the chocolate sliver did look like a shark fin, buy yourself a new sand rake.

I hear all these pre-diabetic couch potatoes rave about how orgasmically delicious these assorted desserts are and I'd frankly like to know if they're taste buds have been fried from all the anti-depressants and bingo blotter ink they gargle with.

Fact is, my nine year old daughter makes better cake desserts with 3 year old passed expiration date Betty Crocker dry mix and her Easy-Bake oven. My labrador retriever would more likely lick his rear end than any dessert off their selections.

And they're all the same, there must be a Roach Coach or Sysco Robert-Orr facility that mass produces all of these little nasties.

Oh, and btw- both lines; the soft serve ice cream was heavily chalky and had hints of "wet dog". They chocolate in particular tasted of reconstituted generic style Ovaltine flavoring. Yukkkkk.

I would love to rub someone's face into a 1/2 gallon of ANY storebought brand of ice cream available.

I know of REMFS who were award meritorious bronze starz for serving slightly better ice cream to Infantry soldiers at FOB Bagram Afghanistan.

Gmafb

Sooooooo I guess you don't have a favorite dessert...

I wasn't overly crazy about most of the desserts on our Gem cruise in November but some were pretty good. I actually really liked the coconut souffle and the Tiramisu in both the Magenta MDR and La Cucina. There was also a Blueberry cheesecake at lunch one day that was pretty decent.

I could recruit any small town elementary school lunch lady (hairy mole, warts and Jack Elam glasses) and I'm sure she would put some if not most cruise ship dessert chefs TO SHAME!!!

give me a budget, a tv camera crew and an undercover boss scenario and I could prove this

these f-tards couldn't make a caramel pie, strawberry cheesecake, heathbar cake, hot nanner puddin, etc if their life depended on it. Obviously their job doesn't require them as such.

SMFH