Regatta Spa

DesertPesce7751

We're cruising on 5 August and would like to know more about the spa. First, if you've had any treatments, what were they and did you enjoy them? Second, for those of you who either had a suite that came with the spa pass or purchased one, did you find it to be enjoyable? We usually cruise Celebrity and either book Aqua or purchase the spa pass for the duration of the cruise and want to know if we should on the Regatta as well.

If you will pardon my saying so, one of the big mistakes that people make when coming to Oceania from the Mass Market Lines, is in assuming that the shipboard amenities and ambience will be so similar that they may apply their previous experiences in an apples to apples fashion.

012331.jpg

In the Regatta, you are dealing with a ship (and thus a Spa) which is one fourth the size of the Celebrity Ship on which you probably sailed in "Aqua Class". If you go in expecting similar facilities, services, or even prices, you are bound to be disappointed.

Oceania_Regatta_038.JPG

The Regatta Spa is a beautifull space.

regatta%20spa%20entrance.jpg but the Thalassotherapy Pool is outdoors and the size of a Hot Tub.

regatta%20spa%20private%20hot%20tub%20and%20lounges.jpg

The Spa Terrace doubles as the "Relaxation Lounge" and none of the lounge chairs are ceramic or internally heated.

Yet, there is something to be said for the fact that you will be vying for those Amenities with 2200 fewer passengers.

2941270094_5065dd13fa_z.jpg

As far as I know the spa is available for use by any passenger expect for the spa terrace. A concierge class room or higher gets use of it or you may buy a day pass. We were in a concierge room so used it a few times. Nice, quiet place to sit with a hot tub. It was closed a lot due to the wind. IMHO it was not worth the price for us. The spa treatment area is very nice but I would say around twice the price as Celebrity.

Edited by hypercafe

We were in a Penthouse suite so had full access to the spa terrace. Our cruise was port intensive so we never used this - the only time I did relax there was when I had a wonderful massage.

My only complaint about the massage was that there was no soothing background music of any kind so all I heard was the creaking and squeaking of the ship around me which was off-putting. I had the hot stone massage and highly recommend it though!

If you are used to Celebrity spa prices get ready for a shock.

Prices at O's spa are often DOUBLE what Celebrity charges and they do not offer the kind of specials that Celebrity often offers.

On Celebrity I go to the Spa and get massages and other treatments.

On Oceania I do not.

Edited by pacheco18

One of the things we do so look forward to is to treat ourselves to a couple of spa treatments, but boy do they know how to charge on O! But we know that you will always pay more at sea.

I did go for a pedicure and on the therapist's suggestion added on an anti-aging treatment - no funnies please:p! but it was also about 3 times what I would have paid at home. Thank goodness I refused her suggestion for gel polish ... I literally about fell out of that spa chair when she said it would be an extra $95 for the gel polish, remember this is on top of the pedicure price! From memory I think I signed a chit for not far short of $180.

The thalassotherapy pool looked inviting - but the day we went, it was tepid at best, so we did not get in and when I queried the temperature with the staff was told it was not a hot tub and was at the correct temperature of whatever it was supposed to be. I assured them it was certainly not at that and one of them went off to check and came back rather red faced having to agree with me that no, it was nothing like the correct temp. We never did find a "hot" hot tub on deck either. They were both tepid at best too.

On Regatta, I do not think I would pay extra for use of the spa deck, it is very small, quite dark and is closely overlooked from above, so not worth it IMHO. People seem to wander in and out, including us when we wanted to just have a look, we were told just to go ahead and walk through the changing rooms to get to the spa deck ..... I've never been in a spa where they would allow that .... And you also had to walk through the area where the treatment rooms are, so I imagine if you are noise sensitive, unless those rooms are soundproofed, you may not have a very relaxing treatment.

I think if it was my spa, I would be running a much tighter ship on access and ambiance. Especially I would be watching those guests like the ones I saw stuffing their bag with cotton wool and other stuff off the changing room counters! They were not spa guests either! And why would you even do this when you have lovely toiletries in your stateroom including all of this stuff.

I really still can't get over the behaviour of some of the people on this cruise!

But I have to say some 6 weeks later, I am finally going to have to go get another pedicure .... So it has lasted well, and it was rather nice sitting in a lovely massage chair looking out over the port and Alaskan scenery having my feet massaged and pampered. So would I book another spa treatment on O, yes of course, but just don't tell the DH!!! LOL!

We just returned from a Regatta Alaska cruise. The Spa treatments were very pricey, but quite good. The extra you get for a suite is access to the lukewarm thallossoptherapy pool and sitting area outside in front of the spa. It's not much, and wasn't used frequently as our average daytime temp was in the 50's F most of the time. The locker room and steam room adjacent to the gym were quite nice though, and is available to everyone on board. Great showers in there! Keep that a secret though. :rolleyes:

We just returned from a Regatta Alaska cruise. The Spa treatments were very pricey, but quite good. The extra you get for a suite is access to the lukewarm thallossoptherapy pool and sitting area outside in front of the spa. It's not much, and wasn't used frequently as our average daytime temp was in the 50's F most of the time. The locker room and steam room adjacent to the gym were quite nice though, and is available to everyone on board. Great showers in there! Keep that a secret though. :rolleyes:

On the O class ships, the area is much nicer (2 pools, more space) but I agree that it is not worth the extra cost of a C class cabin. You can pay for access on a per use basis. On a port intensive cruise, you will probably save money doing that.

I believe some folks think that by booking C class they have access to the Concierge. EVERYONE has access to the concierge. The only difference on an O class ship is that there is a concierge in the Concierge Lounge.

Edited by pacheco18

• 4 months later...

Thanks to those who recommended that we use the showers in the locker room--they were FAR superior to those in the cabin. We found several lockers to be broken, the steam room was prematurely turned off several days, and the hot tub on the private spa deck was nice but the deck itself wasn't well tended to. The cigarette smoke tended to seep into the fitness room so we didn't work out much while aboard (oh well, vacation, right?).

Had a Swedish massage and a gem stone facial a few days ago! Would not have done it but for a $ 500 shipboard credit. Both were heavenly, and I would gladly repeat them if price was no problem! The rooms were comfy and I did hear soothing music in both. Best massage I have ever had! First facial!

We're cruising on 5 August and would like to know more about the spa. First, if you've had any treatments, what were they and did you enjoy them? Second, for those of you who either had a suite that came with the spa pass or purchased one, did you find it to be enjoyable? We usually cruise Celebrity and either book Aqua or purchase the spa pass for the duration of the cruise and want to know if we should on the Regatta as well.

What are you talking about? According to post # 9 in this thread, you have already cruised on the Regatta.

What are you talking about? According to post # 9 in this thread, you have already cruised on the Regatta.

If you look and read properly, you will realise the question was asked in July for an August cruise and now Desertpeace7751 are reporting back, in December!

So - "what are you talking about."!!!