Caye Caulker

blue_water

Has anyone visited Caye Caulker during past Belize visits? Looked at the Sharks, Rays, & Island Getaway from Carnival that goes there from the port. A tad pricey at $210/couple + lunch and drinks but very popular and it looks like fun.

We're considering taking a water taxi there from port to see more of the island and perhaps take a short excursion out from there. It sounds like a great spot to return for a longer visit, any experience on Caye Caulker?

My very FAVORITE place to go!! The Lazy Lizard at the Split -- yummmmm, Lizard Juice!!

From the tender drop-off, go to your left past Pier 4 (Gate 4, Terminal 4 -- I'm not sure what they call it), out a tiny hidden door, through a guard shack (just keep asking for Water Taxi & people will point you there), and after you're on the street keep going to the left about 2 blocks? Very short distance. Less than a 7 minute walk from where you got off the tender.

Look up the Water Taxi schedule online. If you can make it off the ship and get to the Water Taxi place EARLY they have a taxi that leaves for Caye Caulker @ 9AM. I know that's really rushing it but we made it with about 5 minutes to spare. Round trip to Caye Caulker is $22.50 US per person. If your ship's last tender is at 4:15 you will have to come back on the 1:30 taxi. The ride is 45 minutes if everything goes right, and the taxi that leaves CC @ 3:30 would put you back EXACTLY @ 4:15, which is cutting it too close for me, BUT they were ALSO running tenders until 5PM or later for the hundreds of people that were in line so..... make your own decision.

(I do think next time we'll stay until 3:30 -- maybe! ;) )

When you get off @ CC, just walk off the pier straight ahead and turn right at the first "main street" (dirt road). As you walk down it, you will see PLENTY of storefronts advertising different tours that leave right from CC. Don't know the price of any of them but I GUARANTEE it will be cheaper than the ship's tour. LOL!

I don't do any tours there -- I just go to the Split and snorkle and lay on the dock and drink Lizard Juice.