Never too old!

Musicus

Wonderful news!!! :D He is, indeed, a trooper. My thanks also to Pat and Doug and the fact that he sent you an email Pat is really encouraging. We'll keep our arms wrapped around him in prayer! :)

Sue

I have received several since this one. Guess he's getting bored! That's a good thing, right?:D

Wonderful news! But we've got to keep our prayers going. As active and bright as Egon is, the recovery process is going to be tough! Steve - you are in my prayers too. Being the caretaker is tougher than most people realize but know this - we all appreciate your efforts! In my book, you're looking after precious cargo. Would that there were more people of Egon's make-up! God bless . . . .

I got the following to all this evening from Egon:

What a wonderful, phenomal, and fanstastic friends I have, I am rich! From far and wide are their emails, wishing speeding recovery, prayer and love - would be impossible in my present condititon to thank them individually and would many month. So to each of your, my heartfelt thanks, I love you all as you have loved me too.

I am wirting this with diffiltulties.

Edited by yellowbird23

I got the following to all this evening from Egon:

What a wonderful, phenomal, and fanstastic friends I have, I am rich! From far and wide are their emails, wishing speeding recovery, prayer and love - would be impossible in my present condititon to thank them individually and would many month. So to each of your, my heartfelt thanks, I love you all as you have loved me too.

I am wirting this with diffiltulties.

Thanks Pat.

Wonderful news from Egon. Prayer is powerful and God is great.

Wow, that's awesome news, thanks Pat!! That was a very clear email, really amazing for what all he's been through. Please tell him the Egon Fan Club is rooting for him, we love him, and are sending him prayers and positive thoughts!!

I only found this thread a few days ago, but couldn't stop reading! Thank you to all the people that have kept it going!

What an amazing man! From starting off by himself for a year on a cruise ship and continuing his adventure the next year with his trip to Mexico, followed by cruising on several ships plus all the problems he encountered along the way. I admire his problem solving: from theft, a missing passport and the health set backs he had. Egon is a role model for all cruisers (not just singles). I was saddened that he had to abandon his latest adventure due to health problems and at the same time glad that he made the choice to return to Canada and his son for the treatment he needed for the cancer. The unexpected stroke was terrible but could have been worse if he was on the other side of the world or cruising home. I am sorry Egon did not have the opportunity to cruise on Princess (my favourite line). It would have been a pleasure to sail on the same ship as Egon-- to meet him, listen to him play the piano and to play Scrabble with him.

Pat, when you email Egon, would you please convey my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery from his stroke. He is an inspiration for all of us seniors to live each day to the fullest!

cnd crsr Gail

I only found this thread a few days ago, but couldn't stop reading! Thank you to all the people that have kept it going!

What an amazing man! From starting off by himself for a year on a cruise ship and continuing his adventure the next year with his trip to Mexico, followed by cruising on several ships plus all the problems he encountered along the way. I admire his problem solving: from theft, a missing passport and the health set backs he had. Egon is a role model for all cruisers (not just singles). I was saddened that he had to abandon his latest adventure due to health problems and at the same time glad that he made the choice to return to Canada and his son for the treatment he needed for the cancer. The unexpected stroke was terrible but could have been worse if he was on the other side of the world or cruising home. I am sorry Egon did not have the opportunity to cruise on Princess (my favourite line). It would have been a pleasure to sail on the same ship as Egon-- to meet him, listen to him play the piano and to play Scrabble with him.

Pat, when you email Egon, would you please convey my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery from his stroke. He is an inspiration for all of us seniors to live each day to the fullest!

cnd crsr Gail

Nice message Gail. All in a nutshell. I have sent it to Egon to brighten his day. Thanks.

To you and that you let us all

know what's going on Pat.

Thank you. We all feel like we

know him because we followed all his

cruises and travels.

Wishing a speeding recovery

from the surgery and stroke.

Glad he can e-mail and play some music.

Hope his speech comes back soon.

Also Thank you Steve for all your updates

and taking such good care of your father.

Hope to hear more great updates soon.

I could have gone on one heck of a cruise for what I have put out for three dogs in the past 7 months, but I know what my priorities are and it isn't cruising right now. (I can't believe I said that :))

Pat - I feel your pain from vet bills, but one of the best things about a cruise is coming home to our babies. :)

I hope your pup does ok.

Edited by PartyOfOne

Pat - I feel your pain from vet bills, but one of the best things about a cruise is coming home to our babies. :)

I hope your pup does ok.

Doug>>that's why I cruised solo. I felt good knowing that my hubby was taking care of them. They have NEVER been kenneled. Sunshine is 12-1/2 years old and they seem to feel she will be okay.

I understand, Pat, I just got my last vet bill that went on my Visa paid off! But we gotta take care of our babies. Hope Sunshine does well. Sugar still doing okay?

Look forward to the next news from Egon, I'm still tickled pink that he actually wrote you a note himself, he's such an amazing man!

Karen

Hi Pat,

Thank you for forwarding my "healing" thoughts for Egon.

I am so sorry to hear your yorkie needs surgery. Your priorities are in the right place and hopefully you will soon be rewarded with a cruise. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your Sunshine.

My daughter lost her sweet Annie today. They took her to the vet yesterday with unusual symptoms and after tests it was determined Annie had been poisoned (some people are really sick). Long story short - while DD and the vet were discussing treatments this morning, Annie passed. Our 3 grandkiddies are devastated. DD is having a paw print made to put in their garden.

Gail

Hi Pat,

Thank you for forwarding my "healing" thoughts for Egon.

I am so sorry to hear your yorkie needs surgery. Your priorities are in the right place and hopefully you will soon be rewarded with a cruise. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your Sunshine.

My daughter lost her sweet Annie today. They took her to the vet yesterday with unusual symptoms and after tests it was determined Annie had been poisoned (some people are really sick). Long story short - while DD and the vet were discussing treatments this morning, Annie passed. Our 3 grandkiddies are devastated. DD is having a paw print made to put in their garden.

Gail[/quote

I'm so sorry to hear that Gail. That is absolutely hideous that someone is as evil as that, but we all know they're out there. Hopefully, they will know that sorrow fades...love never does.

I understand, Pat, I just got my last vet bill that went on my Visa paid off! But we gotta take care of our babies. Hope Sunshine does well. Sugar still doing okay?

Look forward to the next news from Egon, I'm still tickled pink that he actually wrote you a note himself, he's such an amazing man!

Karen

My Sugar is doing great. She looks like a rolly poley little bear. Sunshine has lost 1 lb. and I am quite sure that Sugar has gained 1.

Egon sent a beautiful bird orchestra and I have forwarded it to Doug to place it on here for all to hear.