I have no idea what to do

gobama

Before we left I tried to find information on Pro Excursions and didn't have much luck. It seemed like the things I did find were people complaining about them speaking in French.... We went ahead and booked with them, they spoke perfect English and the tour was phenomenal!

I was a little worried when we went thru the parking lot and EVERYONE was going with Seavis....I was afraid I had made a mistake. Then our little group went with ProExcursion it was a much more intimate setting....basically the same exact excursion as Seavis except we went to a different beach. Lunch was wonderful....the day we went...seafood pasta, beans and rice, bbq chicken, sausage, pasta salad, fresh fruit, bread, beer, water, rum punch

We can't say enough about the wonderful time we had! :)

Thanks for the your post. We are actually going to DR on a land vacation next month. am here on CC looking for info because CC members always have the best info !!!

I am thinking of booking with pro excursions. I have a couple of questions:

Approximately how many people were on the excursion ?

Did you scuba dive, or were there scuba divers on your boat ?

Thanks !

Edited by amachad

Pro Excursions - tours for cruise passengers will be with English speaking guides

water tours for cruise passengers

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/tours/la-romana-sea-excursions-for-cruise-ships.aspx

land tours for cruise passengers

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/tours/la-romana-land-activities-for-cruise-ships.aspx

We just had a tour with Pro Excursions on Tuesday. This was by far the best excursion we've had on our cruise.

Everything was arranged smoothly, the host Michael is extremely friendly. Contrary what others say - this tour was completely done in English. Michael is very knowledgable, told us lots of the area and gave us the best happy hour EVER!

Pro Excursions takes you to a different beach than the ship's excursion and Seavis, so it is not crowded at all.

Lunch was good, the beach was perfect and we really liked Michael's way of explaining things. I highly recommend Pro Excursions for your La Romana tours.

Thanks for the your post. We are actually going to DR on a land vacation next month. am here on CC looking for info because CC members always have the best info !!!

I am thinking of booking with pro excursions. I have a couple of questions:

Approximately how many people were on the excursion ?

Did you scuba dive, or were there scuba divers on your boat ?

Thanks !

There were 9 of us.....we did a snorkel trip

What did you do?

What did you see?

Where did you stop?

Did you go out on a speed boat?

I'm assuming they have a website???? Just google them???

We went to the mangroves, private beach, natural pool (starfish), snorkeled at a old pier.

Yes it was on a speedboat.

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/travelers-information/the-dominican-republic.aspx

Several years ago we did the same tour with Terry and loved it as much as you did. Going back on the Gem to Samana next Xmas and can't wait to pick another one of his tours. You are so right: it's wonderful what he's doing to educate tourists about Samana and to help the Dominican people. He's a special guy.

Before we left I tried to find information on Pro Excursions and didn't have much luck. It seemed like the things I did find were people complaining about them speaking in French.... We went ahead and booked with them, they spoke perfect English and the tour was phenomenal!

I was a little worried when we went thru the parking lot and EVERYONE was going with Seavis....I was afraid I had made a mistake. Then our little group went with ProExcursion it was a much more intimate setting....basically the same exact excursion as Seavis except we went to a different beach. Lunch was wonderful....the day we went...seafood pasta, beans and rice, bbq chicken, sausage, pasta salad, fresh fruit, bread, beer, water, rum punch

We can't say enough about the wonderful time we had! :)

Thank you for the information. I emailed Pro Excursions through the website with few questions and concerns (back problems, child life jacket) and Michael quickly and professionally responded to my request. I was impressed and booked with them for June 4th. I will follow-up with a review when we return. Looking forward to a great time! Also, thank you for posting the picture of the beautiful beach (other thread). I like the fact of the tour not being over crowded.

I want to thank you, too, for posting the info about ProExcursions!

I have emailed questions back/forth several times, and each time Michael got back with me in less than 24 hours!!!

we ended up switching from Seavis to Pro.

Oh, and Airline (I think that's the name I saw), we'll be on the same excursion with you on June 4th. we're there with the Freedom.....

are you on our Roll Call??? (there are so many names that I can't keep track!!)

:)

Have been to the DR on a all-inclusive vacation but never on a cruise. We were on the Atlantic Ocean side of the Island and were not crazy about the water. I know its not real safe to just go at it alone in DR so can anyone post some ideas what to do? Should i just stay on the ship? Help!

Have been to the DR on a all-inclusive vacation but never on a cruise. We were on the Atlantic Ocean side of the Island and were not crazy about the water. I know its not real safe to just go at it alone in DR so can anyone post some ideas what to do? Should i just stay on the ship? Help!

Go on an excursion to Saona Island. You will not be disappointed.

Beautiful water, beautiful beach, just an excellent day.

By all means - don't stay on the ship!

Carnival offers it, but you can do it cheaper with Seavis or Pro Excursions.

You'll get transported to Bayahibe, which is a little (fishermans) town and there you'll board a speedboat to Saona. Lunch is included as well as several stops along the way.

You will stop on a sandbank and get to hold the largest starfish in the world.

You'll get transported to Bayahibe, which is a little (fishermans) town and there you'll board a speedboat to Saona. Lunch is included as well as several stops along the way.

Sounds like fun are there food drinks and restrooms on the island?

Sounds like fun are there food drinks and restrooms on the island?

Restrooms and showers, yes.

I don't know what the amenities are with Seavis (you can google them and check their website) - we went with Pro Excursions. There was an open bar on the island (sodas, juice, rumpunch, rum coke) - all included in the price.

I don't know what the amenities are with Seavis (you can google them and check their website) - we went with Pro Excursions. There was an open bar on the island (sodas, juice, rumpunch, rum coke) - all included in the price.

Sounds great thanks for the quick response!

I agree! Our tour with Seavis was one of the best excursion I've ever done. What a great day. The Carnival excursion which didn't offer near as much was almost twice the price as Seavis.

There is nothing to do in the port area- an excursion is a must on this island.

Hi ISA65, we are booked w/pro excursions for our upcoming cruise to the DR. How were they on time getting you back to the ship? Just a little concerned since they are a smaller operation the Seavis-which I originally booked.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by crunchy05

I can't say enough what a great service these folks at Pro Excursions provide. They tell you exactly what time to board the speedboat again and when you get back to Bayahibe the taxi is already waiting to take you back.

We got back to the ship with lots of time to spare.

Enjoy your day on Saona!

I can't say enough what a great service these folks at Pro Excursions provide. They tell you exactly what time to board the speedboat again and when you get back to Bayahibe the taxi is already waiting to take you back.

Enjoy your day on Saona!

Thanks.

Enjoy your day on Saona!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...