Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

RCCL Explorer of the Seas, 11 night Southern Caribbean from Bayonne, NJ, Inside $861.67 Total (754.00 Cruise + 107.67 Taxes & Fees) Nov 4 to Nov 15, 2012. This is a military rate for anyone who qualifies but other rates might be reduced also.

RCCL Explorer of the Seas, 11 night Southern Caribbean from Bayonne, NJ, Inside $861.67 Total (754.00 Cruise + 107.67 Taxes & Fees) Nov 4 to Nov 15, 2012. This is a military rate for anyone who qualifies but other rates might be reduced also.

Price dropped to $599.67 Total (492.00 Cruise + 107.67 Taxes & Fees) unbelievable. :eek:

I did mention the $600 rate is military. Check "An Active duty or retired U.S. Military or Canadian Forces" and it will come up. Current rate solo inside is 923 - 2703 / non-military.

Yes, Mike215, I realized the rate you quoted was for military. I wanted to see what kind of rate a 55+ would get.

I just went back to the site and I got the same starting rate you got, $923. for a guarantee cabin.

I just booked a solo cabin on the Oct. 28 Panama Canal sailing of the Coral Princess. Don't know if the rate I got is because of residency, past passenger, last minute, whatever, but I booked a category HH Outside Obstructed (but ended up with a Category EE unobstructed.)

Price for solo occupancy for 14 days was $873, although port charges for the canal run high at $296.60. Still, a good deal for 14 days outside for $1169.60.

I just booked a solo cabin on the Oct. 28 Panama Canal sailing of the Coral Princess. Don't know if the rate I got is because of residency, past passenger, last minute, whatever, but I booked a category HH Outside Obstructed (but ended up with a Category EE unobstructed.)

Price for solo occupancy for 14 days was $873, although port charges for the canal run high at $296.60. Still, a good deal for 14 days outside for $1169.60.

Fantastic deal! I've been watching the Panama Canal cruises, and for a solo they are quite expensive. I can't do October, but thanks for giving me hope that better prices are available. Enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

May not be stellar by CC standards, but I booked a 7 day solo holiday cruise (NYE) leaving from my home state (so no plane fare or overnight hotel stay) for $917+tax/fees. For me, it will be a great escape and I've always wanted to get away to somewhere warm for the holidays that wasn't super expensive.

Edited by JetSet2B

Celebrity Silhouette 15 night TA now shows balcony guarantees for one person at just over $1,000. I won't tell you how much I paid for it.:(

If Choice Air is still offering good deals on the flight to Rome, it's a pretty amazing deal.

That sure would be nice to go on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks scrappyt,

that is a great deal. good ports/itinerary and not too many sea days in a row + a balcony? good timing too. right after thanksgiving and before winter break, probably = fewer kids, frat-types. if i'd been on a cruise before, i would be all over this one. but coordinating air travel, dog, et al. i think it would be a little too much for my first cruise.

a question: why choice air? i checked it out and it's cool the way the user enters a cruise and the booking engine already knows dates/cities, etc ... but the fares (although they're still low) are higher than another site i've been using called sky-scanner (suggested by another cc person). anyhow, are there advantages to choice air, in addition to their user-friendly site (i.e. guaranteed connections, etc)?

also, i looked up the cruise and it says an oceanview cabin costs more than a balcony. what's up with that? just curious. thanks!

s/f

vr/SemperPup

SoCalGringo@gmail.com.

over...

a question: why choice air? i checked it out and it's cool the way the user enters a cruise and the booking engine already knows dates/cities, etc ... but the fares (although they're still low) are higher than another site i've been using called sky-scanner (suggested by another cc person). anyhow, are there advantages to choice air, in addition to their user-friendly site (i.e. guaranteed connections, etc)?

I found choice air gave me a very good price for a one way, much better than I was finding on other sites. I was surprised actually. I've never looked at the site you mentioned.

I like the fact that you can enter the cruise you're thinking of booking, see the flight options and when you're ready, you chose the one you want. I'm also going on an NCL cruise in March and booking air with them is a crap shoot - you take what they give you. Um, no thanks. :eek:

also, i looked up the cruise and it says an oceanview cabin costs more than a balcony. what's up with that? just curious. thanks!

No idea! :D It's a mystery, just seems to depend on how many cabins are still available in that category. All I know is that if I do another transatlantic in the future, I'll wait until just after final payment to book it because the prices really dropped. This however may be a tad too late, not sure what kind of flight you could get at this late date.

hey julie ... chandler here.

yeah, from what i've seen during 'test bookings' the cruiselines airfare seems pricey. maybe it's because of the guaranteed connection component--but doesn't cruise 'insurance' cover that too?

since you paid more (sorry 'bout that), celebrity will upgrade you to a better class balcony and/or give you an onboard credit for the difference in what you paid and what people are paying now. if you call the cruiseline (or your travel agent) and point out the disparity, they might 'hook you up'. don't ask, don't get ... right?

either way, it looks like a good time. i'd be there with you if i weren't still trying to figure the logistics of civilian travel (with a dog). this year, with hope, a r/t cruise from l.a. to mexico or hawaii ... next year, they world! lol or maybe just a bigger chunk of it than mexico/hawaii.

at any rate ... here's hoping you have a great t/a cruise!

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...

Celebrity Silhouette 15 night TA now shows balcony guarantees for one person at just over $1,000. I won't tell you how much I paid for it.:(

If Choice Air is still offering good deals on the flight to Rome, it's a pretty amazing deal.

That is a fantastic deal. Already booked on a cruise for those dates. Otherwise I'd be joining you!