Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

What a fabulous review, I think it is the best one I have ever read. The details and photos are amazing. Well done.

Comments like this from members like you that have been in this forum since 2005 and have under 30 posts mean the world to me. Thank you so much for your support :)

gambee,

Thanks for taking time in writing this wonderful review. Very nice photos.

Question, do you carry your tripod always with you. If not, how do you get these night photos without going blur.

I usually carry the tripod with me after 6pm and I set the timmer of the camera to avoid any movement. In other cases were I left the tripod in the room I set the ISO at 1600 or more and that avoids blur, but that also adds noise to the picture which I hate. That is why I like bringing the tripod with me.

Thanks for joining :)

Great review. I'm really enjoying following you along on your journey. The pictures are so vibrant and well done. The Viking Crown was a favorite spot on Oasis and am looking forward to having a few of those Italian Teas there in 2014 on the Allure. Just wondering if you ever made it down tot he jazz club? That was the place for me and my brother on our Oasis cruise. We'd head there every night after dinner... such a relaxing end to the day.

I think this is a good time to talk about these machines. From what I noticed the Allure has a total of 7 of them, 4 in the windjammer (2 in each side), 2 in Sorrentos in the Royal Promenade and one in the wipeout cafe on deck 15 aft.

There is one piece of information I haven't seen yet and its new since I've been on board, so thanks. I'm going to plan on avoiding the machine at the wipeout cafe on sea days, or at least bed that one has the longest line.

Great review. I'm really enjoying following you along on your journey. The pictures are so vibrant and well done. The Viking Crown was a favorite spot on Oasis and am looking forward to having a few of those Italian Teas there in 2014 on the Allure. Just wondering if you ever made it down tot he jazz club? That was the place for me and my brother on our Oasis cruise. We'd head there every night after dinner... such a relaxing end to the day.

thanks for following along. We actually kinda did not, I saw it on my last day. We were going to go in, but there was a group of asian people doing some sort of seminar in there. I did not want to interrupt them, maybe next time I will try it.

Thanks. Is it not a hassle to carry tripod, setup the tripod etc with so many people moving around.

Yes its a hassle, its heavy and bulky, I wont lie about that. But for me it is crucial to get that shot, I try my best not to bother anyone around me and for the most part I don't. Actually I don't remember anyone anyone on this trip with it. A couple of people made a comment about it, nothing rude of course.

But just note that I only take it out at night. If you have extra $$$ you can get a carbon fiber one and those things are tinny and light. I think they start at around $120, but not sure, I use my old one.

There is one piece of information I haven't seen yet and its new since I've been on board, so thanks. I'm going to plan on avoiding the machine at the wipeout cafe on sea days, or at least bed that one has the longest line.

Never saw any lines on any of the machines. No worries there.

Loving this review! A few of you have convinced me to try the Allure in 2014. Can't wait to read the rest :)

Thanks for following along :)

You will love your cruise!

Here is a short video of the ship engines pushing the water sideways to turn the vessel. Sorry its pretty shaky. I am not the best at video.

http://youtu.be/bjh-GAd8NpY

By 10am I was ready for my first long island of the day, luckily the bar was right next to us. Again I asked mom if she wanted something and she said no :rolleyes:

So I went to the bar and ordered my usual and got her a coke, it was hot as hell and I knew she would drink it all in a sip. The total drink + tip came out to $11.50 a little more for the fancy cup I guess.

DSC06432_zps555fb7ae.jpg

DSC06434_zps0816943d.jpg

DSC06435_zps56325226.jpg

DSC06437_zps99c0d462.jpg

DSC06440_zpsadcc6b9c.jpg

I went back to our spot and just like I though my mom was pretty thirsty so she had her coke and then asked me for some of mine, lol. So we sat there, relaxed and shared the long island. Such a good time.

As we were laying there I noticed a local dog had somehow managed to enter the the property. Next thing I know a lady went down to the dog and started offering him water, the dog was very stubborn and lazy. Eventually she figured out that he wanted ice, so she was feeding him ice cubes one by one, her bf seemed very annoyed by entire process, but he just stood there and waited for her to finish.

DSC06460_zps66b71180.jpg

DSC06461_zpseb410ea9.jpg

DSC06468_zps1c1409df.jpg

DSC06470_zpsbf8703a7.jpg

DSC06471_zpsd9c01323.jpg

Then she pet him a little.

DSC06474_zpsb6d53019.jpg

Once the lazy dog had finished some of the ice and refused to eat more, the nice lady decided to splash some water on top of him to cool him down. Once again, it was a very hot day, by then it looked like her bf wanted to kill both her and the dog, it was toooooo funny to watch. Unfortunately I failed to take a picture of him. Well the dog did not like the water on him, (bf said that actually makes them hotter and humid) so he just stood up and left. Side note, I think I applied 5 coats of sun block that day.

DSC06477_zps058d2196.jpg

DSC06478_zps3b9f844a.jpg

DSC06480_zpse8ea5763.jpg

He wasted no time to find another nice couple to pet him and lay down by them.

DSC06482_zps595936c1.jpg

DSC06489_zpsb61bfa43.jpg

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
per author's request

At 12:41 we were pretty hungry, the thing is that we were not sure if we should go to the ship and have lunch with some AC. But we still decide to walk by the buffet and see whats up. there was a line, but it moved quickly, so we decided to just eat there.

DSC06503_zps0db92646.jpg

DSC06505-Edit_zps2d2a47ea.jpg

DSC06507_zps186345bf.jpg

DSC06509_zpsad084e87.jpg

DSC06511_zps06b38849.jpg

DSC06513_zps426ddc5a.jpg

DSC06523_zps27d28f5e.jpg

Mine

DSC06524_zpsbe8aced9.jpg

Moms

DSC06526_zps29d9dea2.jpg

The food was good, typical buffet food. My bf made a good comment, they should at least have one Haitian item in the menu. He claims Hatian food is very good, I have yet to try it. But that idea is not bad at all, at least to get a little of Haitian culture when visiting Labadee :rolleyes:

Ok friends time to head to work, ill catch up with the thread tonight and answer any questions you might have. Thanks for stopping by.

Thank you for the great review. One of the best I have read ! We were on this cruise and it nice to live over again through your experiences. That dog from Labadee made it over to us too and took a nap beside the lounge chairs.

Thank you for the great review. One of the best I have read ! We were on this cruise and it nice to live over again through your experiences. That dog from Labadee made it over to us too and took a nap beside the lounge chairs.

He might be a celebrity ;)

Thank you so much for a great review. We were on Allure shortly after her maiden voyage but did the other route. The ship was great and seeing everything again makes me want to do this route now. We are on NOS in March and I can't wait to get out of what will be cold weather then.

Again thanks for the great photos and story!:)

Absolutely amazing review! Leaving for first cruise with RCCL (on the Allure) on Sunday 11/25. Having all your insight, tips, information and beautiful pictures has simply compounded my excitement! Thank you so much for all your work in sharing your trip with us.

Edited by lawyergirl22

Someone really ought to hire you as a travel reviewer! And I hope someone near the top of RCCL is following this thread.

I always wonder which ones they follow or how often?

If they are not all over this one, they are missing out!

You are truly talented and honest from your vantage point.

Thank you so much for your time and effort! My husband and I look forward to your posts daily! I noticed on Day 3 Compass there is a “Sinful Chocolate Experience” at 10 p.m. at Vintages. Do you know what that was all about. I am a chocoholic!

Hi Gambee,

I commented already on your thread, but wanted to stop back and say that this is honestly the best review I've ever read. You're doing great, and we're all waiting with anticipation for your next post! Labadee is my favorite place, so I'm loving those pics specifically! Thanks again!!