Epic - Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club

floorman

Back in December 2012 we were on the Epic and love a Jazz band who played in Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club. We are scheduled to cruise again on March 2 and wondering if Slam Allen band is still playing on board or if it is a different band?

Doug

Back in December 2012 we were on the Epic and love a Jazz band who played in Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club. We are scheduled to cruise again on March 2 and wondering if Slam Allen band is still playing on board or if it is a different band?

Doug

They were on the Breakaway from April until around September. When we were back on the Breakaway in October, we heard he was on vacation. Don't know where he went after that.

Carol

My last two trips on Epic in Sept and the TA October last year there was no "house" band there, but some tribute acts like the Beatles were on. It used to be Charlie Love and the silky Smooth band or someone like that who took over..

Edited by Single Cruiser

Just off Breakaway. Indeed Slam Allen and his Grand Slam Band came back early Dec. and will be on until March 23rd (if I heard correctly). Fantastic musician and entertainer.

We heard that there is a Latin duo in Epic's Fat Cats currently but perhaps someone else will confirm that.

Bart told me he was going to be on Epic til February. Now did he mean UNTIL February or thru February. I didn't ask for a clarification. No matter as the OP is cruising in March. Hopefully there will be a good blues band in place for his cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We just got back from our cruise on the Epic and saw The Cruise Machine - they were fantastic!!!

The lead singer/guitarist's name is Corey Dennison. He has a website -http://www.coreydennison.net, which gives you all his information.

All of the band members play in Chicago, but they were brought together by the bass player Michael to do the tour on the Epic. They are done as of May 24th I believe.

Phenomenal talent these 4 guys have, and to only have been playing together since February, they put on a fantastic show.

The Epic is on her way to Barcelona now, and will be back in Miami in November. We are thinking about doing the transatlantic trip next year on April 19th.

Happy Cruising!!!