Is snorkeling better in Grand Turk or St.Thomas

rachaelc

I prefer the snorkeling in Grand Turk. The reef sees less traffic and is healthier.

I would book a snorkel tour, to get you out to the wall. I love Crystal Seas Adventures. Ask for Daniel,

Two years ago, in April, a whale shark showed up and played with us for 10 minutes. He stayed shallow, and kept circling back to us. That, of course is very rare, but the best scuba-dive of my life.

Google Crystal Seas, and see some of their photos.

I prefer the snorkeling in Grand Turk. The reef sees less traffic and is healthier.

I would book a snorkel tour, to get you out to the wall. I love Crystal Seas Adventures. Ask for Daniel,

Two years ago, in April, a whale shark showed up and played with us for 10 minutes. He stayed shallow, and kept circling back to us. That, of course is very rare, but the best scuba-dive of my life.

Google Crystal Seas, and see some of their photos.

Thanks so much!!

I love Grand Turk for Snorkeling. we did a snorkel excursion thru Carnival to the wall.. we had an open bar and snacks on the way back.

We were never rushed..The guides took the novice snorkelers off to the side and spent some extra time with them getting therm used to breathing thru the equipment and then more experienced ones went with another guide.

Our guide took a twinkie for bait and went down the wall ( 7000 ft deep) and baited the fish until he got them all up to the top of the ridge .. great photo opportunity.. would highly recommended the deluxe sail and snorkel on the Carnival website and would personally do it again in a heart beat. Happy Cruising!!!

We're booking our shore excursions and don't know where to snorkel! Which place has better snorkeling!

Grand Turk has awesome snorkeling by boat if you go out to the wall. Be sure to take a box of cereal from the ship to attract the fish.

Sapphire beach in St. Thomas has good snorkeling from the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there, it has restrooms and around lunch someone from the marina comes around and takes lunch orders. It has gotten a little run down lately, but is safe, and not crowded. One of my favorite sites to snorkel from the beach.

Grand Turk has awesome snorkeling by boat if you go out to the wall. Be sure to take a box of cereal from the ship to attract the fish.

Sapphire beach in St. Thomas has good snorkeling from the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there, it has restrooms and around lunch someone from the marina comes around and takes lunch orders. It has gotten a little run down lately, but is safe, and not crowded. One of my favorite sites to snorkel from the beach.

Nearly every dive shop stocks fish food.