Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Was the $150 a night for the Crowne Plaza a 3 or 4* hotel and is that before or after taxes? From what I'm seeing $150 is not a bad price for a hotel. I was able to get a 4* for $132 last year in Vancouver. It looks like Seattle is a little bit more expensive for the same time of year.

This is $150 before taxes and the CP is considered a 3* although it is very nice, not too far from a 4*.

We needed a hotel in San Diego for one night pre-cruise 10/22/12.

I just got the Holiday Inn on the Bay, a 3 star hotel, on Priceline for a bid of $79.

Edited by karlos

Hotwire on 5/30/12 for stay 6/23 to 6/27

Got the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor in Weehawken, NJ at $138/nt + taxes

4 star, jersey city, north bergen, hoboken zone,

right on the hudson river. Ferry terminal and bus stop close by to get to Manhattan.

Looking forward to it!

Ooops forgot I was on the west coast departures board. But if anyone is taking an east coast departure cruise too.

Edited by ohio beach girl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12/04/2012 1 night, 1 rooms 3*

3* Seattle Airport/Best Western Executel $59 per night

Fees & Taxes = $16.47

Total $75.47

Very happy - 24hr shuttle, breakfast included and good reviews on tripadvisor.

Note there are currently no free re-bid zones to use if you want only the airport area. Started at $49 and bid in $2 increments over a few days to the $59.

Crowne Plaza - San Pedro

10/27/2012: $75 + $18.70 = $93.70

11/26/2012: $75 + $18.75 = $93.75

I started my bidding on July 2 for these two dates at $65. This bid amount has worked for us in the past but was rejected for both dates. I raised the bid to $70 but it was also rejected.

On July 3, I started my bidding at $71 but it was rejected for both dates. I then raised the bid to $75 and it was accepted for both dates.

We needed a hotel in San Diego for one night pre-cruise 10/22/12.

I just got the Holiday Inn on the Bay, a 3 star hotel, on Priceline for a bid of $79.

What did you check stars, area?

Ruthann

• 3 weeks later...

Needed a 2 night stay pre-cruise for end of August. Looked at the DT hotels and was just about ready to book the Pan Pacific (gets great reviews, good location), but since we don't arrive until almost 8 pm (10 pm our body clock time) we decided to save some $$$$ and bid through PRICELINE for a 3* located in the airport zone for the first night. Our intent was to move to the DT area the next morning to do some sightseeing and visit Pike Market. Got lucky and got the Hilton Airport and Convention Hotel for $75. Located right across the street from the Light Rail System which accesses DT Seattle in 15 minutes for $2.75. Very happy about the deal so we extended the stay for 1 more night at the same price. So glad to have that taken care of.

I got Sutton Place in Vancouver for $136 ++ Sept 28, 2012

However be warned that they nickle and dime you for everything. Today I wrote and asked for two double/queen sized beds and was advised that sure I could have them but at a cost of $35 extra per night. I wrote back and asked if they had a King sized bed and was also advised that yes I could have one for an extra $10 per night.

I understand they charge for internet usage. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Priceline

Seattle Downtown Four Star

Bid $120.00 accepted.

Renaissance Hotel

Sept 7 2012 One Night

Rack Rate $209.00

Taxes and fee $26.40

Total: $146.20

Hi Rich:)I have stayed here before. Nice hotel but it is at the very

top of the street. Just thought I would let you know. It was the

first time I had stayed in Seattle and since that time (a few years

ago) I have tried to stay at other hotels. The walk back up the hill

to get to the hotel? After sightseeing all day I thought my legs

were going to turn to jello:eek:

Then again, I live in Florida and we have no hills so that might be why.......

Edited by Lois R

Hi Rich:)I have stayed here before. Nice hotel but it is at the very

top of the street. Just thought I would let you know. It was the

first time I had stayed in Seattle and since that time (a few years

ago) I have tried to stay at other hotels. The walk back up the hill

to get to the hotel? After sightseeing all day I thought my legs

were going to turn to jello:eek:

Then again, I live in Florida and we have no hills so that might be why.......

Thanks for the tip Lois. I did read where 6th Street is recommended to and from the hotel as it is somewhat flatter. I`ll soon find out. Thanks again.

I bid $70 for a 3 1/2 star hotel in area 3 of San Diego for a one night, pre-cruise stay in January. I got upgraded to 4*, Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. $70 bid plus $16 for taxes and fees.

We`ve stayed there. Nice hotel. Great rooftop bar.

It took me two days of bidding. I started at $90 for a 4 star in downtown, then added city center, then added 3.5 stars, then 3 stars. When that didn't work I went up to $95 and added the area Brothel (knowing I didn't want to stay there, but that they don't have higher than a 2.5 star hotel in that area) which allowed me to bid again. I bid $98 and was rejected. So I waited until the next day an starts out at $100, 3 stars+ and it was accepted. So I put in the same for our return cruise date and again it was accepted. :) hope that helps!

PS-Dates won are May 12-13 and May 21st

Edited by mcat12

It took me two days of bidding. I started at $90 for a 4 star in downtown, then added city center, then added 3.5 stars, then 3 stars. When that didn't work I went up to $95 and added the area Brothel (knowing I didn't want to stay there, but that they don't have higher than a 2.5 star hotel in that area) which allowed me to bid again. I bid $98 and was rejected. So I waited until the next day an starts out at $100, 3 stars+ and it was accepted. So I put in the same for our return cruise date and again it was accepted. :) hope that helps!

PS-Dates won are May 12-13 and May 21st

Thanks for the additional information! You worked hard for that deal so congratulations!!!

We are arriving on May 22 for 2 nights so maybe I should start the bidding now....

Thanks for the additional information! You worked hard for that deal so congratulations!!!

We are arriving on May 22 for 2 nights so maybe I should start the bidding now....

I'm a planner by nature, so our cruise, flights and hotels are booked and paid in full. If I hadn't taken care of this now, it would have kept me up at night for the next 9 months!!

Good luck with your bidding! :)